need a middle for edmund!

My husband and I have decided on first name [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] for our first child! Middle names are proving to be much more difficult. Last name [name_u]James[/name_u].

Things we have come up with but are unsure:
[name_u]Lyle[/name_u]
[name_m]Scot[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_u]Windsor[/name_u]
[name_m]Archibald[/name_m]
[name_u]Merrill[/name_u]

any ideas?

My choices would be along the lines of [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

Based on your names, I’d say-

[name_u]Lyle[/name_u]: [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Bainbridge[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Mead[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_m]Scot[/name_m]: [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Corin[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Anton[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_m]Clark[/name_m]: [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Russell[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Drew[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_u]Windsor[/name_u]: [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Springer[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Roy[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Cabot[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_m]Archibald[/name_m]: [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Percival[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_u]Merrill[/name_u]: [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Neal[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Claude[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Lyle[/name_u] or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Clark[/name_m] would be my favourite of your current middles. I hope some of those suggestions help you, and best of luck!

My favorites from your list would be [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Windsor[/name_u] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Scot[/name_m].

I too love [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] but would also suggest [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] Fraiser or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Rupert[/name_m].

I like [name_u]Lyle[/name_u] from your list. I also vote for [name_m]Felix[/name_m] as a middle. :slight_smile:

Personally I like middles with meaning so I would go with the one that means the most to you… However if you are going for a stylistic choice rather than a sentimental one I would try and stick to a 3 syllable middle so I would say
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Archibald[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
Sounds unusual, not unheard of, fitting for a president, coach, child, teen, adult and pleasing rhythm.