Need a name for a character

Cheerleader, possibly bulimic, struggles for most of the story with being loved, needed and accepted. I would love something that means (the meaning is important here, otherwise I would name her [name]Ashley[/name] and be done with it) redeemable, redeemed, beloved, cherished ect. This character finds God and by God I mean Jehovah, so religious affiliations are sought after! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help!

Names I think would be good for a charatcer like that, would be:

This names that beloved. I’m trying to look for names that are girly in some ways.

[name]Aimee[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]/[name]Kara[/name]
[name]Carissa[/name]
[name]Charity[/name]
[name]Cheryl[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]

This names have something to do with strength. Which I’m not sure thats what you want, but, I thought they are good names.

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Millie[/name]
[name]Skylar[/name]

These names are more spiritual.

[name]Ana[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Renee[/name]

Like I said, I’m not toally sure if these names are what you want or not. But I thought they fit. I personally like Audery, Carssia, and [name]Ana[/name]. But it is up to you.

Names that mean beloved:

[name]Carina[/name]/[name]Karina[/name]
[name]Milana[/name]
[name]Milena[/name]
[name]Davina[/name]

I also really love the name [name]Angelica[/name] with the nn [name]Ellie[/name] and think it suits the character description.

From your description, I immediately think of the biblical stories of [name]Ruth[/name] (and her kinsman-redeemer, [name]Boaz[/name]) and [name]Gomer[/name] (from [name]Hosea[/name]). [name]Both[/name] are stories of God’s love and redemption towards his people, [name]Israel[/name]. I could see either (or both) names for your character. [name]Ruth[/name] means ‘friend’ and [name]Gomer[/name] means ‘complete’. [name]Gomer[/name] might sound strange as a first name for a girl in our time and culture, but it could work as a last name. [name]Ruth[/name] could work as a first or middle name. I would still add a third name with your desired meaning of ‘beloved’. If your character is from a jewish family, than Ahuva (hebrew, beloved) or Leeba (yiddish, beloved) would work. If she needs a less culturally distinct name, than [name]Amy[/name] (from the french ‘[name]Amee[/name]’ meaning beloved), [name]Cara[/name] (from an italian word meaning beloved, but of english and german origins), or [name]Mary[/name] (etymology debated, could be derived from ‘mry’ beloved, or ‘mr’ love).
Thus:
[name]Ruth[/name] Ahuva [name]Gomer[/name] (friend+beloved+complete)
Leeba [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Gomer[/name] (beloved+friend+complete)
[name]Amy[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Gomer[/name] Servaas (beloved+friend+complete+redeemed)
(Servaas is a dutch masculine name derived from the latin servatus meaning, “saved or redeemed”)
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] Servaas (beloved+friend+redeemed)
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Gomer[/name] (beloved+friend+complete)
[name]Cara[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Gomer[/name] Servaas (beloved+friend+complete+redeemed)
Or any such combination.
[name]Hope[/name] that helps! (I got the meanings and origins from www.behindthename.com)
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I love the idea of incorporating [name]Gomer[/name], have you ever ead Redeeming [name]Love[/name]? If you haven’t you should, I bet you would love it. I don’t want her to be too set apart and at the same time not too mainstream. I’ll know it when I see it, I hope to see it soon!

I love the idea of incorporating [name]Gomer[/name], have you ever read Redeeming [name]Love[/name]? If you haven’t you should, I bet you would love it. I don’t want her to be too set apart and at the same time not too mainstream. I’ll know it when I see it, I hope to see it soon![/quote]

No, I haven’t read it, but I did look it up on Amazon. It looks very interesting, I’ll have to read it sometime. I do love [name]Hosea[/name], it has several of my favorite passages in it.
Here are a few more suggestions: (I’m afraid these are a bit more unusual.)
Milota (czech/slovak, “beloved”)
Friyana (persian, “beloved”)
Lembit (masculine, estonian, “beloved”, option for surname?)
[name]Naima[/name] (estonian/arabic, “to wed, to marry” or “tranquil, at ease”)
[name]Cordula[/name] (from the latin ‘cor’, ‘cordis’ + ‘-ula’, meaning “little heart”)

Not so unusual: (more mainsteam)
[name]Emma[/name] - “whole, universal” (possible substitution for [name]Gomer[/name]?)
[name]Amanda[/name] - “must be loved”

(These names I got from: http://legitbabenames.wordpress.com/ )

[name]Amanda[/name] may be the answer!

[name]Amy[/name]
[name]Kayla[/name]