Need a Name for Aubryn's Little Sister (Due in May)

We are having our second little girl in [name]May[/name] (our two year-old is Aubryn [name]Elizabeth[/name]). We had picked [name]Maisie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] but I found out yesterday that there is another [name]Maisie[/name] in the infant room at our daycare who will be in our little girl’s class. Now, we’re thinking of changing her name.

Some other names we like are:

[name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

We really want to use [name]Jane[/name] as the MN after my mother.

What do you think of these? Would you choose any others?

I love [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! [name]Maisie[/name], to me, is very cute but I prefer it as a nickname.

I like [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. It is very sweet!

[name]Emery[/name] and Aubryn sound a bit to similar imo. If your daughter ever chose to go by [name]Aubry[/name], [name]Emery[/name] would be way to close.

I adore [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! A massive thumbs up (and, although [name]Maisie[/name] is sweet, I must say good call - it is definitely getting popular, at least here in [name]Britain[/name]).

Good luck!

Here’s another vote for [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]!

Aubryn and [name]Cecily[/name] for sure!

I adore [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name], that would be my vote. However, if you’re sad about letting go of [name]Maisie[/name] and just changing the name because you feel like you have too, think twice. This other baby might be just a small part of your daugter’s life, her family might move away, switch day care centers, etc. If it was your sister or your best friend’s daughter named [name]Maisie[/name], yeah, you’d need to change, but not necessarily because of another baby at day care. I, personally, prefer [name]Cecily[/name] over [name]Maisie[/name], but if [name]Maisie[/name] was the name you’re attached to, don’t feel like you have to give it up.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and I love that you are using a family name. congrats on the new edition!

Though I am very, very biased, I’m voting for [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is nice, but similar to Aubryn, like Leah_9 said.

Good luck! :slight_smile: