Need a name for Baby #4

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] but our last name starts with an H so it might be a little too matchy. [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is super cute too!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite with [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and brothers names would be [name_f]Greta[/name_f]. It is similar in length which makes me like it more than [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], which is longer than all the siblings. [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] sounds very [name_m]German[/name_m] to me but [name_f]Greta[/name_f] is lighter, more feminine sounding, and I know a real [name_f]Greta[/name_f] who wears it well.

I also liked the idea of a P initial. Could you ask your husband to scroll through the P names on nameberry and suggest the ones HE likes if he isn’t liking what you find? I like [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] with siblings.

If you have so many family members that all the names are used, could you choose someone you would like to honor on purpose so it is a plus rather than a problem to share the name with them?

1 Like

The only real issue with the “same names” is that most of the repeats are very close to us and we see them ALL THE TIME or they are direct cousins. I love family names from generation to generation but I think having direct cousins might be too close unfortunately.
And funny enough, the “P initial” criteria was how we found [name_m]Philip[/name_m] as we just went through the alphabet!

I really like the suggestion of Margot…. It seems like such a good compromise, still meets all your criteria, has a similar sound and actually visually matches [name_f]Elise[/name_f] better imo but doesn’t have the bad-granny association.

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

Good luck

1 Like

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] is the standout on your list for me, with [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] in second place. Good luck!

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] for you! [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is close to [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] but feels updated, and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] has the [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] sound but I find it much more appealing - “Sus” feels softer than ”Suz” and the emphasis on the “ann” syllable means that [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Annie[/name_f] are much more viable nicknames than they are with [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f].

If you were to go with a P initial [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Petra[/name_f] both really appeal. I wanted to suggest [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] but unless you exclusively call [name_m]Philip[/name_m] “Lip” that seems like it would guarantee confusion.

Random other names you might like: [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_u]Laurel[/name_u], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Greta[/name_f] fits well and isn’t too out there -lovely name!!

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] would be my next pick!!

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] (based on Suzannes meaning), [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Heidi[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (from Margarets meaning) and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] came to mind

1 Like

Gretchen is my favorite from your list

Emeline would be a nice comprise but may be to close to Elise. Maybe as a middle name

Ivy Emmeline would stunning

Edward, Phillip, Elise, & _____:

Gemma
Tabitha
Jocelyn “Josie”
Margo
Molly
Georgia
Leona
Beatrice
Delia
Daphne
Juliet
Corrine
Fiona
Marnie
Lorelei “Rory”
Maren
Cassidy
Felicity
Blair
Nina
Natalie “Talia”
Heidi
Maisie
Gwen
Francesca
Ramona “Romy”
Holly
Nadine
Colette
Maxine
Anastasia
April
Bonnie
Shelby
Hannah
Mallory
Cecilia
Savannah
Priscilla
Siena
Miriam
Rosalind
Raquel
Simone
Robin
Keira
Petra
Frida
Lorraine “Rory”
Marina
Vera
Meredith
Miranda
Caroline “Carly”
Ashlynn
Cadence

1 Like

I like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f]! Would calling [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Greta[/name_f] as a nickname help sell it to your husband? It feels like you could get two of your favorites in one.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] best out of your names! Maybe you could give the baby a name that starts with P, so your eldest would have E and the youngest P?

Some suggestions
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pauline[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] are my favorite out of your bunch. I agree with you about needing to have differing letters at the beginning of the names because it will look funny if [name_m]Philip[/name_m] is the only one who isn’t an ‘E’ name.

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Patricia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalen[/name_f]
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u]
[name_f]Denise[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Graciela[/name_f]
[name_f]Theresa[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_u]Lior[/name_u]

I have tried that pitch so many times to him! I’m hoping to sell him on [name_f]Margot[/name_f] here in these last few days before she arrives.

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Greta[/name_f] as a sister to [name_f]Elise[/name_f], its perfect!

How about [name_f]Margo[/name_f] or [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] or [name_f]Mila[/name_f] or [name_f]Molly[/name_f]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]?

1 Like

I think [name_f]Greta[/name_f] is perfect for sister [name_f]Elise[/name_f]. [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is a short variant of [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Greta[/name_f] is a short variant of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. They are so perfect together :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] is my favourite and I’m also loving the suggestion of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] Susannah!!

1 Like

I suggested [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and he actually seemed potentially interested! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

What about [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]? It’s related to [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] but feels a little fresher. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] would be my pick!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], I don’t think too many honor names is a problem…my children all love that they are named after loved ones. Also if it took you that long to remember maybe he can forget again :wink:
Also love [name_f]Greta[/name_f].
Otherwise love the suggestions of
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Frida[/name_f] and [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
I can’t think of an Ph sounding name that’s not too close to [name_m]Phillip[/name_m]!
I’m not sure if any of these have been suggested so will put in my ideas…
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

1 Like

what name did you end up deciding on? :heart:

[name_f]Believe[/name_f] it or not we ended up going with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] Suzanne!! I thought for sure my husband would be super stubborn against [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] but we were discussing all the possible nicknames for that name and of all things I made a joke about the nickname [name_f]Midge[/name_f] and he just stopped in his tracks and said “why is THAT the name that changes my mind?”
But here she is at almost 4 weeks old and she is [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] or the occasional [name_f]Midge[/name_f]. :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes