Need a name for baby girl due in 2 weeks!!

Hello! DH and I made a final list of our favorite girl names for our baby girl, due in 2 weeks. We really would love to get opinions of them from name experts such as yourselves :slight_smile: Also, it would be nice if you could mention what you imagine people with these names would look/be like, that would be very helpful as well.

Our last name is a common 2 syllable surname that ends in “son”

[name]Alessia[/name]
Am”lie ([name]AH[/name]-may-lee)
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
”va (EY-va)
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Noa[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Shia[/name] (SHY-ah)

[name]Alessia[/name] nah
Am”lie Ahmah-lee?
[name]Bella[/name] love it
[name]Elle[/name] too short
”va (EY-va) sounds like an old woman’s name
[name]Lily[/name] yes
[name]Noa[/name] sounds boyish like [name]Noah[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name] love it
[name]Shia[/name] (SHY-ah) will always be pronounced wrong. Shyah?

Here are my opinions on your name list. [name]Remember[/name] that they are only my preferences so don’t take them personally.
[name]Alessia[/name] - Italian for [name]Alexis[/name]. Exotic, unusual choice with your -son surname. Could be too lispy with so many "s"s. I prefer the original Greek name of [name]Alexandra[/name], Spanish [name]Alejandra[/name] or or just plain [name]Alix[/name].
[name]Amelie[/name] - French for [name]Amelia[/name]. Classy, sophisticated. I do like [name]Amelia[/name] though.
[name]Bella[/name] - Seems like a nickname for popular [name]Isabella[/name]. Not substantial for a first name. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Mirabella[/name], [name]Estella[/name] or even [name]Isadora[/name]?
[name]Elle[/name] - French for “she”?? Isn’t that like naming your dog “Spot”. Supermodel [name]Elle[/name] Macpherson’s real name is [name]Eleanor[/name]. Definite no for [name]Elle[/name]!
[name]Eva[/name] - Too similar to the hugely popular [name]Ava[/name] for me.
[name]Lily[/name] - It’s popular like alot of names beginning with “L” but it makes me smile. Fun, spunky, girly.
[name]Noa[/name] - I’m not a fan of this name which is the feminine of [name]Noah[/name]. Leave it for the boys, please!
[name]Sophia[/name] - Very popular Greek name that means “wisdom” which any parent would want for their child. I would just worry about your daughter being in a classroom with four or five other [name]Sophia[/name]'s, [name]Sophie[/name]'s and the like. Image in my mind is of a tall, stately, Italian woman with the last name of [name]Loren[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Sonia[/name] (it means the same thing), [name]Sophronia[/name], [name]Solange[/name], [name]Soledad[/name] or [name]Sojourner[/name]?
[name]Shia[/name] - Seems too trendy. I would take a pass on this one. Try [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Salome[/name], [name]Saskia[/name], [name]Sela[/name], [name]Selina[/name], [name]Seneca[/name], [name]Serena[/name], [name]Shasta[/name], [name]Shea[/name], [name]Sheila[/name], [name]Simone[/name] etc…something that sounds different without being trendy or sounding that it was made up.
So to sum up, my favorites from your list are [name]Amelie[/name] and [name]Lily[/name]

[name]Alessia[/name] - I think this is very pretty sounding. Not my favourite but its very pretty.
Am”lie ([name]AH[/name]-may-lee) - This is very pretty. I really like this one. It’s familiar but not common. The whole look of it isn’t too foreign to people but I like that its more different than [name]Amelia[/name].
[name]Bella[/name] - Not liking this one. [name]Bella[/name] should be a nickname in my opinion for [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Arabella[/name] etc. You could go with this one but I think that because of the popularity of Twilight, many will associate it with the character.
[name]Elle[/name] - Pretty. Kind of plain though. It’s not like many babies are named this right now but it just doesn’t seem fresh to me.
”va (EY-va) - Very popular right now. Its a very nice name but I wouldn’t go with such a popular name.
[name]Lily[/name] - I always really liked this name until I met a girl named [name]Lily[/name] who was a little brat. It wouldn’t work for me but it’s very very pretty.
[name]Noa[/name] - I’m actually a HUGE fan of “boys” names on girls and “girls” names on boys. [name]Noah[/name] is actually on my list for a boy or a girl. I definitely like [name]Noa[/name]. I do prefer [name]Noah[/name] for spelling but I don’t mind [name]Noa[/name] at all. It’s cute but will work for any age.
[name]Sophia[/name] - Very popular right now but one of my favourites. Right now, I’m planning on naming a daughter [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]. Pretty, huh? Anyway, I definitely love this one.
[name]Shia[/name] (SHY-ah) - Not a big fan. I don’t really like the sound of it. [name]Shia[/name]/[name]Shea[/name] (SHEE-ah) maybe. But I really don’t like this one.

My favourites: Am”lie, [name]Noa/name, [name]Sophia[/name].
I would choose Am”lie if it were me.