Need a name for baby sister...

Big brothers [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] have a sister coming next year! I could really use some help picking out a name! Middle name will be [name_f]Grace[/name_f] - a family name and non-negotiable. Here are some I like.

Top contenders:
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] (I swoon, but DH not so much)
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (DH loves, but I think too common)
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] (Too close to [name_u]Jude[/name_u] with the “Ju” sound?)
[name_f]Emeline[/name_f] (also too common?)

Others I love, but DH isn’t convinced:
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

I love classic, legit names (not nicknames or made up) that are romantic/feminine, but not super trendy. Easy enough right? :roll eyes:

Thanks everyone for any feedback or suggestions!!

I love almost all of these! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] the hubby comes around! Here’s my order of preference.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and…
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

[name_f]Cecile[/name_f]/ [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]/ [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] or [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]

We definitely have similar name tastes as I love your contenders. I agree with you on [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (too common), and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] (fabulous name but too much like [name_u]Jude[/name_u]). My fav on your list is probably [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] but I like most of them.

My favourite suggestion for you would be [name_f]Miranda[/name_f]. It has a beautiful meaning (marvelous) too which makes me like it even more. Others I also like:

[name_u]Marion[/name_u]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Milena[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Bettina[/name_f]
Annelies
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]

What lovely choices you have! I really love [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], too! Let’s look at what you have:

Top contenders:
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] - I love this name too, and I prefer this spelling, but I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] are pretty stream-lined. For that reason, I think [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] would work better.
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] - I’d nix this one. It’s pretty sure, but super common. If you were going for a really out-there middle, it could work (e.g., [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f]). But [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] has to be one of the most run of the mill combos out there right now and I think your taste is too lovely to go for something so trendy.
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] (Too close to [name_u]Jude[/name_u] with the “Ju” sound?) - Yes, too close.
[name_f]Emeline[/name_f] (also too common?) - Yes, too common.

Others I love, but DH isn’t convinced:
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - I love this one, but it does sound a little elaborate next to [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. What about [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] or [name_f]Eva[/name_f]? [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] sounds great.
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] - This is cute but it’s not my favorite. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] names are a little overdone right now. I like [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] as an alternative.
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - My favorite from your list.
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f], but I’m not sure how it sounds with [name_m]Isaac[/name_m].
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] - I think this would be my #2 pick. It sounds great with [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and it also sounds great with [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. I prefer something a little less predictable than [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] as a first when [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is the middle, and this really hits the nail on the head. It’s also feminine without overpowering [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] (like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] does). Lastly, it really satisfies that sweet spot of being classic but on-trend like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. You know, I think this is my #1 now.
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] - I usually prefer [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Stella[/name_f] sounds better with [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

From your options, I’d rank them:
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] (If DH isn’t sold, what about [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

Other options:
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]

[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]- Gives her some edge.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] list! I like [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] for you. :slight_smile:

Suggestion:
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] are both Biblical, so how about:

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]

Thanks for the feedback! I am really loving [name_f]Celia[/name_f] after reading this. [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] are still contenders, but I see I need to give up some of the others. I think I might eliminate [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], though I love it, because we often call my kids by their first and middle names. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is often called “[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]”, so [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] might be too close. Thoughts?

I also like names that have a good, strong meaning. I love that [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] means “Life”. [name_f]Celia[/name_f] means “heavenly” which is alright, but not exactly the feel I’m going for.

Some of the other names mentioned, I like, but for example, [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is VERY overused in our circles. Same with [name_f]Norah[/name_f], which I love (meaning “light”!), but so popular.

Hmm… all things to think about. Thanks ladies!

Our little [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is 9 days old now. I’m just so in love with that name and I think it goes very well with [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. [name_f]Alice[/name_f]'s big sister is named [name_f]Klara[/name_f]. Also a good fit for you in my opinion.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] & [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Emeline[/name_f] are my personal favorites from your list. I probably wouldn’t do [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], just because both are inordinately popular right now, and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], beautiful as she is, isn’t very distinctive right now. I have both names on my list, but I’ve avoided pairing them together for that reason. As for [name_f]Emeline[/name_f], it doesn’t even rank on the SSA list (although I believe [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] does, but it’s quite low on the list, from what I remember). [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] are quite popular (maybe even inordinately so), and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]'s gaining traction, but [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Emeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] is still virtually untouched. I think she’s gorgeous. And [name_f]Emeline[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is absolutely delightful! [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Emeline[/name_f] would be perfection for siblings! And while [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] isn’t my thing, really, I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] work pretty well, too. I think [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]'s adorable.

I do think [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] are too close, especially since [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is occasionally used as a nn for [name_m]Julian[/name_m], which is a cousin of [name_f]Juliet/name_f. I love the suggestion of [name_f]Odette[/name_f], though, and I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Odette[/name_f] would be perfection! Or even her sister names, [name_f]Odile[/name_f] and [name_f]Odilia[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

A few other ideas:

[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] too popular for you? I think she’s perfection with your boys, but she is climbing the SSA list steadily enough…)
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f] (I was swooning over this earlier today! Lush and romantic, with tons of Italian charm, but still really usable in English-speaking countries, I think. I think [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Maddie[/name_f]/[name_f]Addie[/name_f] (although these I’d avoid, personally), [name_f]Lena[/name_f] ([name_m]LAY[/name_m]-nah), [name_f]Dolly[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Della[/name_f], and maybe even [name_f]Mia[/name_f] or [name_f]Mina[/name_f] would all work, and I think it’s loads of fun to say!)
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Lena[/name_f]/[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Theresa[/name_f]/[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]/[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]/[name_f]Eliane[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] (I think [name_f]Celia[/name_f] could work as a nn, or even [name_f]Cissy[/name_f]/Cessy/Sessy, Ceci/[name_f]Cece[/name_f]/Cici, [name_f]Celie[/name_f] (SEE-lee), [name_f]Lia[/name_f], or [name_f]Cia[/name_f]/Sia could work! And [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]'s brilliant with your boys!)

From your “others” options, I really love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], but they are rather popular, if that’s something you’re trying to avoid.

Good luck!

We have very similar taste in names! I adore [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

With [name_u]Jude[/name_u] & [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], I definitley think something a bit unexpected is necessary - the boys names are familiar but not 6 in a class familiar. i don’t feel like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] fits that. I also feel [name_f]Emeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] are off for different reasons.

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is probably the best fit of all the names on your list. And the meaning is beautiful!

Suggestions:
[name_f]Evanna[/name_f] (similar to [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], maybe DH will like this more)
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f] (means light)
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] (means good fortune, if I remember)
I just pulled those straight from my list of favorites.

Other ideas:
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f] (a bit rhymey with [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u], though)
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f]

Congratulations, @linz1084!

Additional idea for you:

[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] {and} [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

{“cool Bible” names}

My favorite from your list is [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and I think that [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is too close to [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is to popular.

[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] brings to mind [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] brings to mind [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] (happiness), [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f] (means faith), and [name_f]Camille[/name_f]

I also think that [name_f]Lila[/name_f]/[name_f]Lyla[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] sound good with your son’s names

[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Lila[/name_f]/[name_f]Lyla[/name_f]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

Congratulations and best of luck!

I really like the choices of [name_f]Celia[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. More suggestions:

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (heart; daughter of the sea)
[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] (wonderful; also the name of a delicate french plum)
[name_f]Mira[/name_f] (admirable)
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] (laurel tree)
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (radiant, shining one)
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] (the rosemary plant; remembrance)
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] (pretty rose)
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] (the golden one)
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] (most holy)
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (greek goddess)
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] (mild, merciful)

[b][name_f]Lilian[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is awesome!

More combos:
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (looks better with two Ms)
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f][/b]

[name_f]Lilian[/name_f] was on my list for awhile. It is very popular around here. So is [name_f]Norah[/name_f], but I adore that name. I don’t mind a common-ish name, but I don’t want it to be common in our circles (church nursery, etc), which [name_f]Lilian[/name_f] and [name_f]Norah[/name_f] (and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]) are.

Any feelings about [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] ([name_u]Ade[/name_u]-[name_f]LINE[/name_f], not [name_u]LYNN[/name_u])? Too common, like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]? [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] was also always a front-runner for girls names when I had my boys, but I feel like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] have too many similar sounds. Agree or is that nit-picking too far?

bump

Ideas based on my last comment??

I really like Emmeline with your son’s names. :slight_smile: I do think Isaac and Eliza sound a little too similar.

My top three:
Emmeline
Vera
Vivienne

My top pics for you are: [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. I love the name [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], but agree too close to [name_u]Jude[/name_u].