Need A Name For Isla's Sister

I’m expecting my second child in [name]July[/name] and cannot come up with a girl name that goes well with our daughter’s name, [name]Isla[/name] [name]Anabelle[/name]. Any help would be so very much appreciated. I tend to lean towards some of the older “granny” names that are becoming popular again. But, chose “[name]Isla[/name]” the first time around. So, am flexible and like names that are a little bit different.

Thanks.

[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Briony[/name] / [name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Betrys[/name]
[name]Bethan[/name]
[name]Briallen[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Cerys[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Elora[/name]
[name]Emeline[/name] / [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Evalina[/name]
[name]Eveline[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Lilas[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Leonor[/name]
[name]Lois[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name] ‘mee-[name]RAY[/name]’
[name]Mireia[/name] ‘mi-[name]RAY[/name]-a’
[name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Noemi[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name]
[name]Sabine[/name]
[name]Sarai[/name]
[name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name] / [name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Sybella[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]

I know a woman with children [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. I’ve always thought they went well :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] your first daughter’s name! [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

Thanks so much. [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Ameila[/name], but a friend just named her daughter [name]Emilia[/name]. Also, have the same prob with [name]Charlotte[/name]!

So, on the list right now are:

[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name]

Any thooughts?

Hey [name]Isla[/name]'s mommy:) I have a 12mo old [name]Isla[/name] and am due with #2 in [name]August[/name]! We had an awful time coming up with another girl name we love as much as [name]Isla[/name]! The boy name was easy, we’ll name him [name]Grant[/name], but we’ve been having a heck of a time with a girl name. I think we’ve finally decided on [name]Brynn[/name]. [name]Isla[/name] & [name]Brynn[/name]. We are unsure on the mn for [name]Brynn[/name] but are working on it:)

Other names we considered were:
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name] - when I was pg with [name]Isla[/name] we were 100% sure that [name]Ainsley[/name] would be [name]Isla[/name]'s little sister’s name, now we don’t really feel it anymore. . .we also have an intern working on our farm named [name]Ainsley[/name] so that kind of ruined it for us. Maybe you like it?

and I liked, but dh did not:
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Marina[/name] or [name]Marin[/name]/[name]Maren[/name] (kind of continues the watery-feel of [name]Isla[/name])
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Andi[/name]

A bunch of my friends insist that the perfect sister name for [name]Isla[/name] is [name]Soleil[/name] - pron. Sole-A, it’s French and means sun. I could never get my head around it though but maybe its up your alley?

On your list I like
[name]Esme[/name] - but I wonder if it would be confusing b/c in [name]Isla[/name] the S is silent but in [name]Esme[/name] it’s not and I wonder if people would try to make it silent?
[name]Eloise[/name]
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Augusta[/name] too. . could you nn her [name]Gus[/name]?? That would be adorable!

I really like the sound of a 2 syllable name, pref. starting with a vowell and not ending in A to go with [name]Isla[/name]. I think that’s why we were drawn to [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Aubrey[/name], [name]Ainsley[/name].

Good luck, I’m super interested to see what you decide!!

oh also I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Annabell[/name] as [name]Isla[/name]'s mn! We have considered that for [name]Isla[/name]'s sister’s name too but dh thinks it’s too southern. . .which I don’t see!

Kellihope, thanks so much. I love a lot of your names and think [name]Brynn[/name] is really pretty. I thought about [name]Ainsley[/name] a lot as well (with our first daughter as well). But, agree with you that it just isn’t right. For some reason, reminds me of the 80s.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Cleo[/name] and thought of it as a nn for [name]Clementine[/name] (if we go with that…[name]Clementine[/name] is a mouth full, but I love it). [name]Eloise[/name] could have nn [name]Lola[/name] or [name]Lulu[/name] which would be cute. And, I still love [name]Esme[/name]…but see a little confusion [name]Isla[/name]. And, they look very similar when written out. Also, there is the “Twilight” issue. I wonder how popular the name will become.

I agree with you that there is almost no other girl name out there that I like more than [name]Isla[/name] (except [name]Anabelle[/name] which is my Grandma’s name and I already used it).

Boy name for us is easy too…[name]Robert[/name] [name]Henry[/name] ([name]Robert[/name] is my hubby and [name]Henry[/name] is a family name). Kid would go by [name]Henry[/name] though.

Thanks for your advice. I will make certain to post girls name once we figure it out!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] too with nn [name]Tilly[/name]. But, guess what! Good friend with daughter named [name]Tilly[/name] (same age as our [name]Isla[/name]). Of course.

Oh we love [name]Henry[/name] too:) If we have a 2nd boy that will probably be his name. I sorta doubt we’ll have any boys though, there are pretty strong girl genes on dh’s side of the tree.

Good luck!

My favorites from your list:

[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Honora[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Esme[/name]

[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Esme[/name] are lovely as a sibset…

I was so happy to see a [name]Robert[/name] and then so disappointed to see that you aren’t going to use it. I love the nn of [name]Robbie[/name]!

Unfortunately, [name]Robbie[/name] is a total no-go for my hub. His dad is [name]Robert[/name] as well and went by [name]Robby[/name] as a child. But, my hub and his dad do not get along. So, he wouldn’t want to use his dad’s name. To make matters worse, hub’s dad remarried to a woman named [name]Robbie[/name] that no one likes.