Need a name for some characters :D

Hello!
edited

I need some help thinking of a name for a character in the story I’m writing. It’s about two girls that went highschool, and have to rely on each other in a post apocalyptic world. They are both total opposites of each other, and are kinda forced to work together, because they live in the same area, the population has always been very sparse, they are given the choice “You either go through this alone, or can do it together.”

The first main character is an average teenage girl, worried about grades and thinking about college. She’s routinely insecure, and worried about her body image. She’s average height, has brown hair, thin with long legs, and has blue eyes. She’s self-righteous a lot, and very naive, doesn’t really like sports, and is artsy, and loves chocolate. Also she is very snotty to the other MC for various reasons. For her name I was thinking along the lines of [name]Caroline[/name], or [name]Emma[/name], I would love suggestions for her too. She is an only child of a upper middle class family, suggestions for her parents names would be great!! She is 18 years old. Oh and a name for her best friend too :)!!

The other main character is perky, cynical, and overly confident. She has a few friends, but isn’t as liked as the other MC. She spends a lot of time on the internet and playing video games. She often mouths off, and can be unrelentingly mean at times, she’s not popular but can be called a mean girl. For her name I was thinking something like Honeydew, or [name]Yvonne[/name] or [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Bambi[/name] for her.

And one more!

They have a mentor of sorts, really he’s just around to make sure they don’t get killed, and appears randomly through out the story. He is often surprised by their antics and strange behavior. He’s really big, mean looking, muscular, and gay. He is very dangerous, and very powerful, and is very practical. He also feels bad for the girls. His past is a mystery, and what he does besides look after the girls is murky.

They are all followed by a boy named [name]Chuck[/name] who loves the paranormal, and is a self proclaimed geek boy. He’s my favorite, because he’s so funny, and just very awkward.

Thank you for all your help!! :smiley:

Your story sounds very original and cool!
As for your bookworm girl, I love the names [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Emma[/name]–Though I think [name]Carolyn[/name] is much nicer. Other names you could choose may also be:
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] (Or possibly Ciela/Ceela/Seela)
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]/[name]Willow[/name]

As for your mean girl, I think that the names you were thinking are not the way to go. Honeydew, [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Bambi[/name] seem very ‘exotic dancer’ to me, which is sad because they are lovely names given a bad image.
I would suggest:
[name]Fay[/name]/[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Kenzie[/name] (short for [name]MacKenzie[/name])
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Melony[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Monique[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]

For your mentor, he’s quite tough to name! Obviously you’re not stereotyping him, being that he is mean looking and muscular, and also gay. This is not often done, quite brave of you! I understand about not sticking to stereotypes–While I write, I make an effort to avoid them! [name]One[/name] of my characters is very flamboyant, though his sexuality is unknown–For him I chose [name]Link[/name], as you get a tough guy image, which he is not (unless of course, the people he cares about are threatened…He definately becomes much more masculine then)
[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name] ([name]Dex[/name] for short?)
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Jed[/name]

I like the name [name]Chuck[/name] for your geek boy, but it also brings up an image in my mind of [name]Chuck[/name] the TV spy and redheaded [name]Chucky[/name] from The Rugrat cartoons. [name]How[/name] about [name]Eli[/name] (I chose this name for my geeky guy!), [name]Jude[/name], [name]Finn[/name], [name]Gray[/name], or [name]Cody[/name]?

Good luck with your story, it sounds great!