Need a name in the middle of a crisis!!

One month before I was to be married, my fiance left me 4 months pregnant, changed his phone number and has not called in over a month. He is a well known athlete so he can’t go far but this gets harder and sadder each day.

I have a little girl on the way and am struggling with names. I have 2 children from my previous marriage, [name]Grace[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Emerson[/name], so they need to coordinate with that.

I had thought of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] after my mother however his mother’s name is [name]Mary[/name] as well and she told him it was okay to leave…so not feeling the love for her right now. SHe even hung up on my mother when we tried to tell them the gender. [name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is a thought right now…

Any name suggestions or possibly even support groups for women who have been thru this? I am devastated and will have to see him on TV soon…just so hard.

Thanks so much.

[quote=“jennylynne”]One month before I was to be married, my fiance left me 4 months pregnant, changed his phone number and has not called in over a month. He is a well known athlete so he can’t go far but this gets harder and sadder each day.

I have a little girl on the way and am struggling with names. I have 2 children from my previous marriage, [name]Grace[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Emerson[/name], so they need to coordinate with that.

I had thought of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] after my mother however his mother’s name is [name]Mary[/name] as well and she told him it was okay to leave…so not feeling the love for her right now. SHe even hung up on my mother when we tried to tell them the gender. [name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is a thought right now…

[name]How[/name] awful! I’m so sorry. I would get a paternity test so at least he will give you financial support.

I would find a local house of worship if you have any interest in religion and get help there. My church was Episcopalian and they were very kind to anyone who asked for help. They help you without expecting you to join their church or give them money now or at a later date. Now I go to a non-denominational church, and they are very kind to others as well. Nameberry is a very supportive website, and I’m sure that other posters will have more suggestions for you.
I think [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a lovely name to honor your mom. I would just forget about his mom. [name]Love[/name] [name]Mary[/name] nn [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Mamie[/name], [name]Molly[/name]. There is also [name]Mireille[/name] and [name]Marin[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Libbie[/name], [name]Lizzy[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Liza[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Mae[/name].

First of all, I am so sorry for what you must be going through right now! I agree with [name]Susan[/name]'s helpful suggestions.

I can understand your hesitance to name your daughter [name]Mary[/name], but I don’t think naming your daughter [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] honors anyone besides the person you have in mind when you bestow the name. Naming her after your mother would be very special! The other [name]Mary[/name] is just a coincidence. [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] goes very well with your other children’s names. However, if you decide to pick a different name, here are a couple of many options:

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

I’m so sorry you’re going through this alone. I agree with seeking a paternity test and you should definitely ask for child support. It’s the least he can do to support his child!

[name]How[/name] about using your mother’s middle name [name]Elizabeth[/name] for the first name? I think it goes really well with your other childrens’ names.

Good luck!

[name]Don[/name]'t have any name suggestions for you although if you want to name your daughter after your mother I would regardless of the other grandmother’s hateful actions. I did want to say, "I’ll be praying for you as you deal with this. Pregnancy is not a good time to be dealing with heartbreak but just remember many women have been in your shoes and survived with a strong will to raise the children God bestowed on them. Children are a blessing no matter the circumstances. I consider my four the biggest blessings of my life, even the precious little girl I lost shortly after her birth. I know you will find the perfect name for your little blessing and remember, her father is the one who lost the most. You lost him but he lost the most precious blessing an adult can be given and the woman who will bear that blessing (as well as your other two children). He is the BIGGEST LOSER in this circumstance. Blessings to you.

First - I’m so sorry for your trouble & circumstances. :frowning:

You’ve named your children beautifully! What about some of these?

[name]Gwenyth[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Ella[/name] ([name]Both[/name] initials similar to your other childrens)
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Beth[/name]
[name]Lauryn[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Lauryn[/name] [name]Layne[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Cate[/name] or [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

I’m so sorry about all of this!
What a horrible situation.
I agree that you should get a paternity test for child support purposes, and do your best to avoid watching TV when you know he will be on.
I also agree that church is a wonderful place to find support. It’s important to have people physically there for you in this difficult time.

When it comes to online support groups, CafeMom.com seems to be a pretty good place to find moms in similar situations no matter what you are going through.

My prayers are with you!

By the by, I think you should go ahead and name this daughter after your mother and disregard your ex’s mother’s name. If it’s too strong of an association, perhaps go with [name]Elizabeth[/name] as the first name instead.

I really think the names you have chosen for your first two children and the names you are considering now are all classic and beautiful, and you can’t go wrong! :slight_smile:

I am so sorry for everything that has happened to you! I do love the names you chose for your first 2 children…I would go with [name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] - beautiful and classic, and the names compliment your other 2.

Wow, hun, I’m so sorry! You will get through this, though!

[name]Grace[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Emerson[/name] are so sweet! So, we definitely need to stay classic here!

I like [name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] a lot, but [name]Emma[/name] is so popular, I worry about it. I’d use it, though…

[name]Do[/name] you want to stay in the syllabic pattern you have used for [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] (1 - first name, 3 - middle name)? If so, consider…

You may consider [name]Anne[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], or [name]Tess[/name] to go with [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Jack[/name]. My pick is [name]Claire[/name]! So sweet…

For middle names, you might like [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Diana[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Regina[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Theresa[/name], or [name]Victoria[/name].

My picks?

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]

Like any? Good luck!

Ohhh I’m so sorry for what happened. I’m sure things will get better, and you always have a little baby girl to look forward too :slight_smile:

I like your children’s names and if you wanted to stay within your pattern like [name]Lemon[/name] noted, I would suggest [name]Claire[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Anne[/name] (love [name]Anna[/name] though), [name]Mae[/name], [name]Nelle[/name] or [name]Belle[/name].

[name]Belle[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]/a [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Nelle[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]

Or other combinations like that

I’m so sorry that this happened to you and your baby girl. You’re in my thoughts…

Names with [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] (sorry for repeats):

[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

So sorry for you!

I am so sorry for you. What a terrible thing to be going through. I wish the best of luck to you and your daughter.
As for the ‘honoring [name]Mary[/name] thing’, I would stay go with it. In your thoughts, you’ll be only honoring your mother. Your mother will be extremely honored no matter the circumstances and it would be best to make it clear that you named your daughter solely after her. I also think [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds absolutely beautiful with [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Grace[/name].

Other names that go with [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Grace[/name]:

[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]