Need a Quirky Middle

My husband and I are expecting boy/girl twins, and we’ve already got the boy name nailed down: [name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name]. We are completely in love with [name]Felix[/name], finding him clearly masculine but soft, not macho-sounding, well known but not overly popular. Using [name]Hopper[/name] in the middle gives it a playful feel, along with his daddy’s initials. However, its our girl name that is still up in the air…

We haven’t settled 100% on her first name, never mind a middle name! The choices for that first slot are [name]Violet[/name], Ellaby, [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Rory[/name], [name]Piper[/name], or [name]Honor[/name]. I have a feeling that we’re leaning towards [name]Violet[/name] (my number 1 choice), but DH is having a tough time settling with it. Ellaby comes from my mother’s maiden name Ellerby (pronounced ella-bee) and we changed the spelling to make it easier to pronounce. We both really like this, but are worried that [name]Ella[/name] is just way too popular. While we like the playfulness of [name]Felix[/name], we know that it can be taken seriously as a name, while we are unsure whether [name]Poppy[/name] is too childish and can never really grow up. We both love [name]Rory[/name], but find it a tad too unisex next to [name]Felix[/name]. And with both [name]Honor[/name] and [name]Piper[/name], we aren’t sure whether we find them too close to [name]Hopper[/name] even though [name]Hopper[/name] is tucked away in the middle.

Ultimately, we would hugely appreciate advice on which girls name fits best with twin brother [name]Felix[/name]. ([name]Feel[/name] free to mention other names for the first place if they happen to come to mind). Also, we would love suggestions for a quirky middle name for our baby girl (along the lines of [name]Hopper[/name]). If we go with Ellaby, she will almost 90% be Ellaby [name]Saffron[/name], but [name]Saffron[/name] doesn’t work with many of our other choices, and we’d love some quirky middle name suggestions!

Thank you so much for reading all of this and for any suggestions or advice you can give!
Momma B

First off, I have to say I love [name]Felix[/name]! [name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] is playful but not cutesy… very nice choice!
I also like [name]Violet[/name] for [name]Felix[/name]'s sister, though it may be a bit too common in comparison? [name]Honor[/name] is wonderful… or maybe [name]Annora[/name]/[name]Honora[/name] just to soften it a bit? But maybe that takes away from what you’re going for with the name. [name]Poppy[/name] can definitely stand alone and sounds great with [name]Felix[/name], but I could also see it as a nn for [name]Penelope[/name]. [name]Rory[/name] is great, but I also find it a tad too unisex. I love [name]Aurora[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name], though. I like the idea of using Ellerby as a middle name so that you’re able to keep the full context of the namesake (and avoid the adorable, but super common [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name] nn).
I think my vote would be [name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] and [name]Annora[/name] Ellerby.
[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Cute names choices :slight_smile:

[name]Violet[/name], Ellaby, [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Rory[/name], [name]Piper[/name], or [name]Honor[/name]

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] & [name]Violet[/name] [name]Araceli[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] & Ellaby Taea
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] & [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Isolda[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] & [name]Rory[/name] (I personally would pick [name]Aurora[/name]: nn [name]Rory[/name]) [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] & [name]Piper[/name] Cyanthe
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] & [name]Honor[/name] Ellaby

I like [name]Violet[/name] the most. I think [name]Violet[/name] Ellerby would be a very nice combo. (I wouldn’t change the spelling-Ellaby looks misspelled to me.)

I love [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] together, and I think [name]Poppy[/name] is fine an adult woman. [name]Violet[/name] is nice too, but it’s a little too somber and popular next to [name]Felix[/name]. [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] have so much in common without being matchy at all. They’re both uncommon and have a lighthearted happy feel to them.

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] and…
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Viola[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Juno[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]

I like [name]Poppy[/name] Ellerby. It’s fun to say. I know a [name]Poppy[/name] who is ten and while it is a whimsical name, I can already see her as an adult named [name]Poppy[/name] and it isn’t incongruous.

I agree with phoebesmom about Ellaby looking misspelled.

[name]Violet[/name] - This is one of my favorites too! I almost think it’s a little less “fantastic” than [name]Felix[/name] though… but it’s still very feminine and beautiful.
Ellaby - I could see this as a first name and I think it matches [name]Felix[/name] really nicely. If you don’t use it as a first name, then I think it would be perfect in the mn spot! It’s spunky and it has family meaning. :slight_smile:
[name]Poppy[/name] - I agree, I don’t see this aging really well, but it’s still a cute name.
[name]Rory[/name] - I love [name]Rory[/name] on a girl, but when people hear “[name]Felix[/name] and [name]Rory[/name]” they will probably think they are twin boys…
[name]Piper[/name] - I think this would age better than [name]Poppy[/name] and I think it sits well with [name]Felix[/name]. I don’t think the closeness to the mn matters.
[name]Honor[/name] - I love this. It’s on my list too. :slight_smile:

Here’s my suggestions/favorites:
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] Ellaby (just because I love the name [name]Violet[/name]!)
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] and Ellaby [name]Blue[/name] (I’ve always thought [name]Blue[/name] would make a great middle name… especially if there’s a chance she could have blue eyes. It would be an adorable nickname. I had an art teacher once who named her daughter [name]Isabella[/name] [name]Blue[/name]).
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] and [name]Piper[/name] Ellaby
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] and [name]Honor[/name] Ellaby

Fun middle name options:
[name]Blue[/name]
[name]Raine[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]True[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Ever[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]