Need a short and spunky middle name!

I need a middle for [name]Arianwen[/name]. This name is driving me insane. I love it so much that I know it’s in my top 10, and I want to do a video on my top 10 favourite combos (first and middle). Putting together the other combos was pretty easy. I had a lot of middles for my favourites already and the ones I didn’t have I was able to come to decisions about without much grief. But I just can’t find a middle name that I really love to go with [name]Arianwen[/name]. I want something no longer than two syllables, and nothing that’s popular or filler like [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Rose[/name]. Some that I’ve considered are: [name]Lore[/name], [name]Laure[/name], [name]Lux[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Maude[/name](great-great grandma’s name) Bloom, [name]Eve[/name], [name]Fife[/name]/[name]Fyfe[/name] (family name) [name]Greer[/name], [name]Jem[/name] and [name]March[/name]. Any other ideas?? Seriously this name is driving me insane haha.

I really like [name]Fife[/name] with this!

I think there are a few challenges with [name]Arianwen[/name]: putting a vowel after it is going to make the syllable boundaries less than clear - [name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Eve[/name] sounds a little like Arianwa Neeve. Putting another nasal consonant (i.e. M after it) has a bunch of nasal airflow altogether (Ariandwen [name]Maude[/name] - although I kind of like that). Some stoppish sounds that are articulated in the same part of the mouth as n could work, although they kind of have the vowel problem maybe too ([name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Tess[/name] is a little like Arainwent Ess). This could go on.

[name]Fife[/name] is great for the F sound - n and f don’t happen next to each other in English in the same word, so the marcation is clear. B does something similar, but B is clunkier because there’s no airflow.

One-two syllable F names (and V names might have a similar quality)
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Fae[/name]/[name]Fay[/name]/[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Faina[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Farrah[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Vita[/name]
Fair/Faire
Fairly/[name]Fairlee[/name]
[name]Flower[/name]
[name]Fina[/name]
[name]Vesta[/name]
[name]Vesper[/name]
[name]Feather[/name]
[name]Fan[/name]
[name]Flame[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Frieda[/name]
[name]Ferris[/name]
[name]Vashti[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that gets you started! Other sounds could work besides F and V, but I think you’re onto something with [name]Fife[/name]/[name]Fyfe[/name]. Is there a Welsh (right?) name that fits? I think the Gaelic feeling of [name]Fife[/name]/[name]Fyfe[/name] is good here too (though I see how it could have [name]German[/name] connections too…so…I don’t know : D).

All best!

[name]Hi[/name] Ameliaanne-
[name]Arianwen[/name] is such a pretty name! From your list I like:
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Laure[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Fife[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]

I liked Jesba’s suggestion of [name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Faye[/name].

…But how about this? [name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Snow[/name]? [name]Snow[/name] is short, sweet, and spunky too, in my opinion! I think it flows really well, and sounds great!

[name]Alli[/name]

Agree with Jesba’s insights on the first letter of the mn.

Ideas, sorry if I’m repeating:

[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Bay[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Blake[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Favor[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Liesel[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Vrai[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Arianwen[/name] Margeaux

Very much like the suggestion of [name]Snow[/name], and your original idea of [name]Blythe[/name]. :wink:

Jesba, have you studied linguistics? If you haven’t then you should, you would [name]LOVE[/name] it. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I like [name]Snow[/name] a lot as well, but I think I’m going to go with [name]Fife[/name] because of the family association and since I like the flow of [name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Fife[/name] much better than [name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Snow[/name]. I also really like [name]Arianwen[/name] [name]Faye[/name] though, it sounds like a fairy princess. [name]Faye[/name] or [name]Fife[/name]… hmmmm…