Need a third choice name

My husband and I are expecting a little boy and we couldn’t be happier, but we can’t agree on a name! His favorite name is [name]Isaac[/name], and my favorite is [name]Asher[/name]. We both like the other’s name, but don’t love it. I feel like there are many similarities here (Hebrew/ OT; resurgence in popularity but not too popular; masculine…) so I think that there has to be a third middle ground name out there that we both love. His rule is that he has to have heard of someone with the name before, so nothing too weird. I like slightly more unique names. Any ideas for our perfect name?

These may not be unique enough for you but [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] came to mind based on your two choices. I love [name]Asher[/name]. My husband won’t get behind it too. What about [name]Shepard[/name] (nn [name]Shep[/name])?

[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]

I really love [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Shepard[/name] and [name]Ezra[/name]. Hubby has already rejected [name]Elliot[/name], but I will have to run [name]Shep[/name] and [name]Ezra[/name] by him. Thanks!

[name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] are both so handsome.

My first thought for you is [name]Jonah[/name]. Oh, and [name]Micah[/name] would be great too.

[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Judah[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]

And a couple that aren’t Old Testament names:
[name]Max[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]

[name]Rueben[/name] or seth

I agree, [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] are both great names. I lean toward [name]Asher[/name]. [name]Asher[/name] [name]Jude[/name] has a good ring to it.

Here are some others. I listed actual people with some of the names because those are who I usually think of when I hear the name.
[name]Isaiah[/name] ([name]Isaiah[/name] [name]Washington[/name] or [name]Isaiah[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] are famous)
[name]Asa[/name] ([name]Asa[/name] Butterfield young actor)
[name]Amos[/name] ([name]Amos[/name] [name]Lee[/name] is a singer)
[name]Gideon[/name] (CSI guy???)
[name]Josiah[/name] (I had a student with this name)
[name]Phineas[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name] is so cute)
[name]Tobiah[/name]/[name]Tobias[/name] (nn [name]Toby[/name], love!! I always think of [name]Toby[/name] from Labyrinth (the movie) haha)
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name] (actors [name]Adrian[/name] Grenier and [name]Brody[/name], a bunch of football players)
[name]Amias[/name] (don’t know anyone with this name but I love it)
[name]Cassius[/name] ([name]Cassius[/name] [name]Clay[/name])
[name]Finnian[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name] again)
[name]Oliver[/name] (a bunch of people have this name)
[name]Elias[/name] (love, [name]Eli[/name] is a cute nn)
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Jude[/name] ([name]Jude[/name] [name]Law[/name], [name]Jude[/name] is one of my favorite names)
[name]Judah[/name] (nn [name]Jude[/name] love it)
[name]Jericho[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name]
[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name] ([name]Abe[/name] [name]Lincoln[/name] haha, love the nn [name]Abe[/name] and [name]Bram[/name] for this)
[name]Gabriel[/name] (always a favorite)
[name]Jedidiah[/name] (nn [name]Jed[/name] love it)
[name]Jorah[/name] ([name]Jorah[/name] Mormont from Song of Ice and [name]Fire[/name] ie Game of Thrones)
[name]Lucian[/name]/[name]Lucas[/name]/[name]Lucius[/name]
[name]Mathias[/name] (form of [name]Matthew[/name])
[name]Thaddeus[/name]

Other Suggestions
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]

I love both [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Isaac[/name]. You really can’t go wrong with either. Good luck!!