need advice about name Atticus

I need everyone’s advice. I love the name [name]Atticus[/name]. I was planning on doing [name]Atticus[/name] [name]James[/name]. The problem is I am getting a lot of negative feedback. Everyone says “well that is a different name.” That is all they say. My father hates the name, really hates it. I wonder if it might be too different or too strong of a name. I cannot think of any other boy names I like. Need help!!! Another criticism I am getting is because I have a daughter named [name]Addison[/name], we call her [name]Addie[/name]. Everyone says it sounds too alike.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Atticus[/name]. [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] is one of my favorite literary characters of all time. Also, I watch a little boy name [name]Atticus[/name], and it fits him so well. I promise, over time, people will not only get used to the name but will come to love it as much as you do.

Well, you know most people on this site will definitely agree with you. I personally have loved the name [name]Atticus[/name] since high school. It is a very unique name that is not made up like most names that are “acceptable” nowadays. However, this site and the “real world” are very different, and you will get different responses.
My personal advice is to hang what everyone else thinks and use the name you love. Family can be frustrating, but eventually they will love the kid so much, they won’t care that they didn’t like the name at first.
Good luck with everything!

I think [name]Atticus[/name] is a good name but, with a sister named [name]Addison[/name] it is too similar. My sil is named [name]Erika[/name] and her brother is [name]Arron[/name] and she says her parents would always fumble them . I also have a friend with boys [name]Logan[/name] and [name]Morgan[/name] she said she thought it wasn’t a big deal but now she wishes she hadn’t name them such similar names.

Yes [name]Atticus[/name] is an amazing name but with an [name]Addison[/name] it is just to close even me and my sister have names that start with the same letter only and it gets very tiresome since people call us an array of things, confuse our names, etc, etc. It would be best to go with another name, such as…

[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] ([name]Sam[/name])
[name]Aidan[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]

Yes love [name]Gregory[/name] Peck’s [name]Atticus[/name].

What about [name]Gregory[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]?

I think it’s way too close to [name]Addison[/name] to use as a first name.

[name]Atticus[/name] is superb, and your father and everyone else would get used to it (obviously they haven’t read To Kill a Mockingbird!). However, with a daughter named [name]Addison[/name] they are too similar. You said you wanted [name]Atticus[/name] [name]James[/name], why not switch them to [name]James[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]? That way you can still use it.

I do love the name [name]Atticus[/name] but agree with previous posters that it is too similar to [name]Addison[/name]. I would use it as a middle name.

I also agree that, while it is a handsome name, it is too similar to [name]Addison[/name]. I would definitely use it in the middle though, that way you could still use it.

[name]Hi[/name]! I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Atticus[/name], too, but I agree with the people who have commented about [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Addison[/name] sounding too alike.

Names that have a vintage feel to me like [name]Atticus[/name]:

[name]August[/name] (nn [name]Gus[/name] or [name]Augie[/name])
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] (nn [name]Dash[/name])
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] (nn Phin)
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]

Surnames with [name]Addison[/name]:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name])
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Leland[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]

You could also always use [name]Atticus[/name] in the middle!

Good luck! :slight_smile: