Need an awesome first name for dated middle! Is it even possible??

[name]Allison[/name] is my maiden name, and I would really like to use it for maybe baby girl’s middle name, but it sounds so dated. Is there a fresh, funky, feminine or otherwise awesome first name that perks it up?

I’m not pregnant or even ttc, so I don’t have much of a list yet…just looking to get that started! My son’s name is [name]Leo[/name] [name]Hyde[/name].

Thanks for suggestions! Go wild!!

Hello. You know [name]Allison[/name] sounds dated now but by time your future daughter is a young adult and cares about such things the name may not sound dated at all!

My initial thought was that alliteration would be nice with [name]Allison[/name].

[name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Amara[/name] [name]Allison[/name]

What do you think?

I do like alliteration! My favorites of your suggestions are [name]Agatha[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name]. Unfortunately, I live in [name]Texas[/name], so [name]Agatha[/name], NN [name]Aggie[/name], is no go. :frowning:

Fresh, funky, and feminine . . . [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Allison[/name] is the first name to come to mind. Some others that fit that description (and go well with [name]Leo[/name]):

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Olive[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Nola[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Allison[/name]

Those names (to me) are all funky, yet feminine names . . . And are similar to [name]Leo[/name] in length and syllables. [name]Hope[/name] that helps get you started! :slight_smile:

[name]Esme[/name] [name]Allison[/name] has great flow…reminds me of another vowel name I like but fear is getting too popular: [name]Isla[/name]. Also, our last name starts with a T, so her initials would spell EAT. Not sure how I feel about that. I guess that also rules out any F names :wink:

[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
Devony [name]Allison[/name]

[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Allison[/name] (nn [name]Story[/name])
[name]Junia[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Bridie[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Mariska[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Britta[/name] [name]Allison[/name]

I definitely like vowel names with [name]Allison[/name]. My names maiden name is [name]Allison[/name] and I was considering [name]Isabella[/name] [name]Allison[/name] before [name]Isabella[/name] got so ridiculously popular. I think [name]Isla[/name] [name]Allison[/name] would be beautiful, as would [name]Esme[/name] [name]Allison[/name] or [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Allison[/name], but I’ll throw out a few other idea

[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Estella[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Audra[/name]/[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Ianthe[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Ione[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Every[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Etta[/name] [name]Allison[/name]

Or…
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Luella[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Claudette[/name]/[name]Claudine[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
And I have to throw out [name]Lola[/name] [name]Allison[/name], cause I think it’s adorable.

LOL I was just about to suggest [name]Fiona[/name]! Shoot, I love [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Allison[/name].

here are some others: *sorry for any repeats

[name]Peyton[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Eliot[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Allison[/name]
[name]Noa[/name] [name]Allison[/name]

Ooh I think I like [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Allison[/name]…and [name]Lily[/name] if weren’t so popular… Thanks for the suggestions!

JudyAriel:
Ooh I think I like [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Allison[/name]! And [name]Lily[/name] if weren’t so popular… Thanks for the suggestions!

[name]Lauren[/name]-kay:
Thanks! Of your suggestion, I think I like [name]Naomi[/name] the best…

bnoelle:
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Iris[/name], but not sure it sounds right next to [name]Allison[/name]…I also really like [name]Ophelia[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] but is it weird if her initials spell a word? I guess OAT or EAT is better than FAT or RAT lol!

Entangler:
[name]Love[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] but again with the initials…dang!

Well I think I’ve got some limiting factors now that should help narrow down the overwhelming number of choices. I definitely like vowel names, especially A’s and I’s, and want to avoid names that begin with an F or R. or B. or V. Ha! And I’ll probably avoid names that start with an L, as I already have a [name]Leo[/name], but names with an L sound in them a la [name]Isla[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name] sound cute next to [name]Allison[/name], right?

Thanks for ideas!

ooh what about [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Allison[/name]?

And how do we pronounce [name]Ianthe[/name]? Because I’m really liking the idea of it, after reading the NB entry!

Apparently I’m digging the I names!