Need another "C" name!

Thanks [name]Doll[/name]! We actually discussed [name]Connelly[/name] briefly for a girl, BEFORE we knew it would be another darling son, as my grandmother’s middle name is [name]Nell[/name]…

We [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jazz[/name] TOO…and I actually had thought the same thing [name]Doll[/name]!!!

I love [name]Cian[/name]! I think that would be a great choice to go with [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Cate[/name].

I love [name]Cian[/name] as well! I think it balances [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Cole[/name] very nicely as it has very different sounds (co vs. cay vs. kee). [name]Love[/name] it!

Thanks for your input [name]Doll[/name]! Same for everyone else! So, we will see…take good care all!

Yes, I have been having the same concern with [name]Carter[/name], as far as the whole “Bratty” perception is concerned, being as it has gained popularity and there are more little [name]Carter[/name]'s out there, HA! That was ultimately our biggest problem and demise with [name]Connor[/name], as we have known TOO many, and being as [name]BOTH[/name] of our mother’s are recently retired elementary teachers, THEY had had too many negative associations with the name…thus why we are trieing to “branch out” in a sense to a more “untapped” name. Yes, I have considered deviating from the “C” theme, but I just feel like [name]Cole[/name], [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Reed[/name], (which my Husband LOVES [name]Reed[/name]), just doesn’t sound as good, as say [name]Cole[/name], [name]Cate[/name] & [name]Coen[/name]/Cowen…[/quote]

I do not pronounce [name]Coen[/name] and Cowen the same. Cowen=Cow-in to me. I’ve known a couple people with the last name Cowen and that is how they pronounced it. I would stick with [name]Cohen[/name] or [name]Coen[/name]. I like [name]Cian[/name] a lot too. It is still only 4 letters but doesnt sounds like either [name]Cole[/name] or [name]Cate[/name]. [name]Cole[/name], [name]Cate[/name], and [name]Cian[/name] would be perfect together.

A few of the others have beaten me to it with the same suggestions.

Here are some more ideas I went through 651 boys names looking for Irish starting with ‘C’, most of these are Irish but not all.

[name]Cody[/name]
[name]Corey[/name]
Cyle a form of [name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Cary[/name]
[name]Chad[/name]
[name]Clint[/name]
[name]Cliff[/name]
Did you know that [name]Chet[/name] is a form of [name]Chester[/name]?
I like [name]Cade[/name] too.
[name]Cullan[/name] like [name]Callum[/name] only Irish
[name]Craig[/name]

[name]Coen[/name] is nice, I always liked that name! Cowan/Cowen is harder to adjust to, I just see ‘cow’ and end up pronouncing it wrong.
[name]Clare[/name] [name]Leona[/name] nn [name]Cleo[/name] is awesome! and the connection to her grandmother and [name]Leo[/name] thing, awesome! I love that you call [name]Cate[/name] ‘[name]Kitty[/name]’! Very sweet!
As for more suggestions, I thought about [name]Claude[/name] and [name]Clyde[/name], but [name]Claude[/name] and [name]Cole[/name] are a bit similar. [name]Clyde[/name] is better, I really love [name]Clyde[/name].
It also dawned on me this morning that I’'d completely forgotten about [name]Clive[/name]! [name]Clive[/name] is awesome and a better fit with [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Cate[/name] than [name]Clyde[/name] [name]IMO[/name]! [name]Clive[/name] [name]Porter[/name] or [name]Caius[/name] [name]Reed[/name] still get my vote, but I think I’m partial to [name]Clive[/name] from now on ^^ It was just such a revelation this morning when I thought of it!
Best of [name]Luck[/name] on your decision!

[name]Hi[/name], I just wanted to put in my two cents, that you really don’t have to go with another “C” name. If I were a child I’d probably prefer NOT to have the same initial as my siblings. [name]Just[/name] wanted you to have at least one vote for going a completely different route!

I would really very strongly suggest against using [name]Coen[/name] (even spelled this way). It really just punches me in the gut (and I’m not even that religious). [name]Do[/name] you really want a whole religion to feel nauseous at the mention of your son’s name? For me, it would be like naming my child [name]Jesus[/name] just because I think it sounds good.

I really do love the suggestions of [name]Callum[/name], [name]Caleb[/name] or [name]Calvin[/name] (nn [name]Cal[/name]). [name]Calvin[/name] [name]Reed[/name] sounds really good to me. Good luck and all the best!

I also thought of [name]Colby[/name], [name]Cyrus[/name] ([name]Cy[/name]), or [name]Clement[/name] ([name]Clem[/name]) might work for you. But now at second glance [name]Colby[/name] is a little close to [name]Cole[/name] (such a great name by the way). Good luck!

[name]Rollo[/name]! Thank You so very much for your handsome additions! Yes, we actually first heard [name]Chet[/name] when we were having dinner with some close friends of ours, and the husband refferred to his grandfather, whi was called “[name]Chet[/name]”, he was a [name]Chester[/name], and it struck me as simplistic and strong, much like Big Bro [name]Cole[/name], however, a bit more untapped and less common. Again, Thank You so very much for your input!

Thank You [name]Doll[/name]! As much as I do [name]LOVE[/name] my two C’s, I actually completely stumbled upon a name just yesterday, that I absolutely ADORED its meaning, which is “Second [name]Son[/name]” or “Brother”, which describes the “bun in the oven” to a T, LOL! Anyway, the name is [name]Brody[/name]/[name]Brodie[/name], and the Gaelic/Celtic/Scottish meaning is simply almost TOO charming to pass up. However, I just saw that [name]Brody[/name] is gaining considerably in the popularity polls, I have YET to meet a [name]Little[/name] [name]Brody[/name], but for that reason and our last name being very Irish and ending in an “Y” sound…but you can guess it…one of the most common Irish surnames…was considering Broden as an option and calling him [name]Brodie[/name]/[name]Brody[/name]…like I said I just fell in love with this names meaning, as I feel so very blessed to be having a second son!

I know it [name]Doll[/name]. That is our ultimate demise with this name; we are totally on the same page as you! Thank You so very much for your input; we do so appreciate it! [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Cal[/name]/[name]Calvin[/name], especially with [name]Reed[/name], but we actually have a Great Uncle [name]Cal[/name] in the family, whom we do not actually care to honor with a namesake, got me, LOL! Again, thanks so very much for your input; it has indeed been helpful!

Thank You for your handsome suggestions justpeachy! And Thank You so very much for your sweet compliment in regards to [name]Cole[/name]; we certainly [name]LOVE[/name] it, and it truly does suit him! Yes, we actually call our [name]Cole[/name], “[name]Colby[/name]” affectionately, lol! Great minds think alike [name]Doll[/name], HA! Take good care!