Need confirmation

I need opinions. My husband and I have 4 children and are about to have our fifth and our last! We have chosen the name Finneas for our son…some rave over the name but I have a lot of family that snarl at it and it’s making me second guess our choice. My husbands name is [name]John[/name] and I like that for a middle name (Finneas [name]John[/name])…we would call him [name]Finn[/name]. Our other children’s names are [name]Chase[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Jada[/name], and [name]Zach[/name]. I think [name]Finn[/name] flows with those but I get to many mixed opinions. Our last name is Direito (sounds like the chip). What do you think?

I don’t think Finneas is particularly bad wth the rest of your kids. I do know I’d spell it properly: [name]Phineas[/name] and call him [name]Finn[/name]. But other than that, he goes fine with the older kids and if you & your husband agree on him, that’s really all that matters. Tell the others “We’ve changed our minds, Not [name]Phineas[/name], rather [name]Ptolemy[/name]” Watch them choke on their coffee! And then announce differently when he’s born. They’ll be so happy he’s not [name]Ptolemy[/name]… :smiley:

I think [name]Finn[/name] is great! One of my favorites.

Finneas has a nice sound, and I love the nickname [name]Finn[/name]. However when I look it up in the “check out a name” box to the left, there is no listing of Finneas. It is spelled [name]Phineas[/name]. If you look it up, you can read about it. [name]Finn[/name] would be a fine nickname for [name]Phineas[/name]. You could also name your son [name]Finnian[/name] and call him [name]Finn[/name]. I think if you had a very simple last name, it would be all right to use an unusual spelling for a first name. But since your last name is Direito, I personally would use [name]Finnian[/name] to keep things easy. [name]Finnian[/name] is spelled the way it sounds-no “ph” at the beginning. [name]Finnian[/name] is a little more common than [name]Phineas[/name]. Also the “n” sound at the end of [name]Finnian[/name] sounds nicer to me with the beginning “d” sound of your last name. They flow better than [name]Phineas[/name] Direito. Although most of the time he would probably go by the nickname [name]Finn[/name] so most of the time it wouldn’t matter. And most people don’t notice sounds the way I do! [name]Finnian[/name], [name]Phineas[/name], and [name]Finn[/name] all sound very good with your other childrens’ names, too. [name]Hope[/name] that was helpful!

I love [name]Finn[/name]! Stick to your guns. Your family won’t care about the name once he’s here.

[name]Phineas[/name] Direito is growing on me. Sounds like one of the sailors in [name]Moby[/name] [name]Dick[/name]. You could go with either [name]Phineas[/name] or [name]Finnian[/name] in my opinion. They both have tons of character which I love!

Good thing I wasn’t drinking something when I read that, lol
I agree [name]Finn[/name] fits in perfectly… and for goodness sake… stop telling family! (:

I love it. It goes perfectly well with your other children’s name. It has a nice, easy to carry nickname, with a gorgeous full name. The only thing i don’t like is the spelling. I prefer the authentic [name]Phineas[/name] I also like [name]Susan[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Finnian[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t let other people’s opinions get to you though, and choose what you truly love

Ha - [name]Lola[/name], good idea, I might save that plan to use on my momma in law. I think [name]Finn[/name] works - it is short and sweet like the other kiddos name. And it’s very cool - good choice :slight_smile: