Need creative non-surname surnames! (places, things, animals)

[name]Hi[/name]!

I’m writing a short story about children who were either orphaned or abandoned. [name]One[/name] of the midwives gives the children surnames based off of the little information she knows about them.

For example, one boy has the last name “Enday” because he was born at the end of the day. I need a whole bunch of them…but the one I need the MOST is for my main character.

I was going to use “[name]Huxley[/name]”…because it means “inhospitable place.” But I want something a little more obvious, like “Enday.”

My main character is a surfer and a swimmer. I’d prefer something water-related or related to a water animal, a water place, etc. Something cool so I could have a little anecdote about it. Nothing like “[name]Ocean[/name]” or “[name]Blue[/name]” etc. [name]Story[/name] is set in [name]Hawaii[/name].

[name]Spring[/name], [name]Kai[/name] (Means ocean in Hawaiian), Laker, [name]Fisher[/name]/[name]Fischer[/name], [name]Port[/name]/[name]Porter[/name], [name]Marina[/name] (Where boats are docked), [name]Bow[/name] (B-ow, not like [name]Beau[/name]), Sail, [name]Sailor[/name], [name]Shell[/name]/Schell :slight_smile:
[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

• Lailey Jamestock, aspiring author

Hmm, can’t think of many water related names but you could use some of the others for other characters.

Waters - they were found by water
[name]Sanders[/name] - they were found on the sand/on the beach
Pond or [name]Fisher[/name] - they were found by a pond (which has fish in it)
[name]Green[/name] - they were found wrapped in a green blanket (this could work for any colour surname)
Woods or [name]Forest[/name] - they were found in woodland
[name]Knight[/name] - they were born at night

For the main character, try something like [name]River[/name], or [name]Rivers[/name].