Need feedback on girl names

Does [name]Rose[/name] sound funny with a last name that also starts with “R”
(ie. [name]Rose[/name] [name]Roberts[/name])? Especially if NN is “[name]Rosie[/name]”?
Is [name]Rose[/name] at risk of becoming too popular?
Feedback much appreciated!

I really like the name [name]Rose[/name]! I don’t think the R last name is too bad, but it all depends on the name. [name]Rose[/name] [name]Roberts[/name] is too close for me, since they both start with -ro, but something like [name]Rose[/name] [name]Radcliffe[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] [name]Russell[/name], for example, would be fine.

[name]Rose[/name] is one of my favorite names! (I posted on your other thread about the popularity issue.)

I love alliteration, but [name]Rose[/name] [name]Roberts[/name] does sound a teeny bit clipped to me. I’m not bothered by the [name]Ro[/name] beginnings because they’re pronounced differently (long O versus short O), but something just sounds a bit off–just a tiny bit. I think that [name]Rose[/name] [name]Robertson[/name] would have a softer flow, but if my last name were [name]Roberts[/name], I don’t think I’d eliminate the possibility of using [name]Rose[/name].

[name]Rosalie[/name] may become quite popular due to Twilight, but I really like the sound of [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Roberts[/name]. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Personally, I think it sounds kind of funny. But then again I’ve always had a problem with names where the first and last (or first and middle) start with the same sound. I know a [name]Conner[/name] K, two [name]Kevin[/name] K’s, a [name]Nick[/name] N, a [name]Briley[/name] B (whose last name starts with Br too), etc. It’s always bothered me for some reason.

Anyway, I think [name]Rose[/name] [name]Robinson[/name] is okay, but I think having some extra syllables in there to break up the two R’s would be nice. Like [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosamund[/name], [name]Rosabelle[/name], etc.
Either way, I think [name]Rose[/name] is a gorgeous name. Good luck!

I generally don’t mind alliteration. [name]Rose[/name] is a classic…go for it! :slight_smile: