need fresh perspective

Hello, this is my first post on this site though I have been lurking for a bit :wink:
I belong to another naming site and have asked opinions on my names probably too many times and need some fresh perspective! Our top three names for our baby girl (due very soon!) are (in no particular order):

[name]Laurel[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Joy[/name]

I really want something that will not become trendy and am afraid any of these could do that so therefore I am not only looking for opinions on those names but suggestions as well. I would actually prefer something that has not been in the top 1000 in a long time or ever! Our 2 year old little girls name is Vitalia (vi-[name]TAHL[/name]-ia) [name]Rose[/name] if that helps with style at all. I appreciate any and all feedback! [name]TIA[/name]!

Out of your combos, I like [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Joy[/name] the best. I think [name]Laurel[/name] and Vitalia sound cute together!

I also prefer [name]Laurel[/name] from your group.

Third vote for [name]Laurel[/name].

I like them all actually but feel [name]Laurel[/name] or [name]Helena[/name] are best.

If you’re pronouncing [name]Helena[/name] “heh-[name]LAYN[/name]-uh” that’s my favorite with sister Vitalia. If pronounced “HELL-en-uh”, I prefer [name]Laurel[/name].

[name]Laurel[/name] or [name]Helena[/name], yes. [name]Mabel[/name] with Vitalia, big no.

If you’re pronouncing Helena “heh-LAYN-uh” that’s my favorite with sister Vitalia. If pronounced “HELL-en-uh”, I prefer Laurel.

I completely agree, and as much as I love [name]Mabel[/name], just don’t think it would make for a good sibset!

I like [name]Helena[/name] [name]Joy[/name] the best. 2nd Place is [name]Laurel[/name].

I’m also a member on that other site (aislinnmaria), soooo. I’m guessing my opinion hasn’t really changed, and I’m not going to provide that much of a difference in opinion! I just had to say I love the combo [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Joy[/name]! Very cute, and I think it’s nice with your daughter’s name. Second choice would be [name]Helena[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] it (potentially on my own top 10), but the nn is what would sell it for me. [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Leni[/name] for it, but not really any of the other nns. So if the nn was [name]Leni[/name], then I think [name]Helena[/name] would win for me, but otherwise, [name]Laurel[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck! I know you’ve had the hardest time coming up with the perfect name, so I hope you can find the help you need on here to pick a name for your daughter! :slight_smile:

[name]Ash[/name]

Agree with everyone else that [name]Laurel[/name] is the best. As far as popularity/trendiness goes, my prediction is that [name]Laurel[/name] is actually on her way off the SSA list altogether. [name]Even[/name] at her peak, she was never particularly common, so I think you can really avoid the trendiness trap with [name]Laurel[/name]. If all you knew about a person was that her name was [name]Laurel[/name], would you be able to guess how old she was? I don’t think I could. [name]Helena[/name] I can see continuing to climb higher than she is now, though I would be surprised if she ever sounded dated/trendy.

Here are some other suggestions:
[name]Acantha[/name]
Apria
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Corisande[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Luminosa[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Renata[/name]
[name]Serafina[/name] / [name]Seraphina[/name]

Another vote for [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Joy[/name].

[name]Laurel[/name] is a gorgeous name!! :smiley:

Definitely [name]Helena[/name]! It’s great with Vitalia, as long as you aren’t pronouncing it “HEL-len-uh.” [name]Laurel[/name] is my next favorite but [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Joy[/name] sounds really rhyme-y to me, so my #2 choice would be [name]Mabel[/name]. :smiley:

Wow, thank you so much everyone for your replies. I thought [name]Laurel[/name] would be the front runner but you just never know. I think I will narrow it down to [name]Laurel[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] as [name]Mabel[/name] was DH’s last choice anyway. We would be pronouncing [name]Helena[/name], He-[name]LAYN[/name]-ah. I know I will not stop looking and pondering until this baby girl arrives!

Thank you for the suggestions as well; several of them were on our original list so you nailed our style.

Hello to Aislinnmaria! I appreciate your comments on both this site and PC!

Because Vitalia is such a Sicilian name, I would go with either [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Amabel[/name] [name]Joy[/name], [name]Amabel[/name] being the origin (Italian) of [name]Mabel[/name]. I much prefer [name]Laura[/name] (Low-ra) [name]Joy[/name] to [name]Laurel[/name].