Need Help Again

Hey berries!

A few months back, I asked about naming some characters of mine. You helped me name [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Faith[/name] [name]Savannah[/name]. However, I also asked about potential names for the young boy in the story. I seem to have tried everything since then, and no name is sticking. I thought I’d ask again and hope something new pops up! Thank you all so much, you have no idea how much this has been bugging me.

Description: 5 years old ([name]Faith[/name]'s twin), Timid, Socially Intuitive, His mother is very religious, They are from the South

I want a name with an easy nickname. It does not have to follow the “one place name-one religious name” rule.

Thanks! :mrgreen:
Quirk

[name]Timothy[/name].
I like that the “th” sound is in both [name]Faith[/name] and [name]Timothy[/name]. It easily shortens to [name]Tim[/name], and goes with the whole “timid” thing. It is also Biblical.

My first thought was actually [name]Timothy[/name]! :slight_smile: Otherwise, what about:

[name]Charles[/name] (maybe not with [name]Carolina[/name]…)
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]

[name]Timothy[/name] is a good idea. That’s the style I’m going for. All the other names that have been suggested are much too formal for the character’s backgroud. Thank you guys for the suggestions! Keep 'em coming!

I love the suggestion of [name]Timothy[/name]. A name that reminds me of [name]Timothy[/name] is [name]Theodore[/name]. [name]Theodore[/name] is gentle but strong, shortens to [name]Theo[/name], [name]Ted[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name] and means “gift of God” which ties in nicely to the religiousness of the mother. And it’s subtly religious, next to [name]Faith[/name], which is more obvious. A name I [name]LOVE[/name] with [name]Faith[/name] is [name]Thomas[/name]. It shorts to [name]Tom[/name] or [name]Tommy[/name] and, best of all, it means twin! I’m not sure what you mean by “too formal” - I don’t consider [name]James[/name] or [name]Noah[/name] to be any more formal than [name]Carolina[/name] or [name]Faith[/name]… but do let us know what kind of names your leaning toward and what you consider less formal and then I can suggest some more names.

You’re right freckles, when I said formal I wasn’t really including [name]James[/name] or [name]Noah[/name] or [name]Jonah[/name]. But names like [name]Byron[/name] and [name]Silas[/name] would just never fly with their dad. He wouldn’t go for it. [name]Thomas[/name] is a great idea! I’ve thought of this one before, but never given it a lot of serious consideration.

Other names I’ve considered:
[name]Bo[/name]/[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Briggs[/name]
[name]Baylor[/name]
[name]Robbie[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]

Anybody? :frowning: