Need help... Baby Due Jan. 15! (Update: Poll is very close!)

See the results of this poll: Which is your favorite name - Vote for one boy, one girl:

Respondents: 147 (This poll is closed)

• Adeline: 34 (23%)
  • Clementine: 15 (10%)
  • Evangeline: 17 (12%)
  • Edith: 7 (5%)
  • Abraham: 17 (12%)
  • Leo: 29 (20%)
  • Theodore: 28 (19%)

omg that is awful!!
your friends could change his name…the baby is young enough!

of your boys list, [name]Leo[/name] is my favorite. Very handsome, kinda quirky, and not super popular or trendy.

my favorites of your girl’s list are [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. [name]Tessa[/name] is lovely too.
good luck!

[name]Leo[/name] is adorable! Sounds great with brother [name]Eli[/name].

I also love [name]Tessa[/name]. This name also flows well with [name]Eli[/name].

Best of luck!!!

[name]Elias[/name] and…
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name] nn [name]Alfie[/name]
[name]Alonzo[/name]

or

[name]Clementine[/name]/[name]Clementina[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]/[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name]/[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Maisie[/name]/[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name] nn [name]Stella[/name]

Thank you very much for the three replies… thoughtful… are there any others out there with comments or suggestions?

Thank you very much for the three replies… thoughtful… are there any others out there with comments or suggestions?

What about [name]Luke[/name]?

That’s awful about your friend and baby [name]Carl[/name]. She should definitely change it if they don’t like it, the baby is still a baby!

[name]Abraham[/name] - this is a pretty cool name, I like [name]Abe[/name], and can see [name]Abe[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] together.
[name]Aristotle[/name] - cool name, kind of out there, but I love the nickname [name]Ari[/name] for [name]Aristotle[/name]. But [name]Ari[/name] and [name]Eli[/name]? Maybe too similar.
[name]Cormac[/name] - not a huge fan.
[name]Leo[/name] - very cute, but I think you maybe should go with a longer name that could be shortened.
[name]Pascal[/name] - seems off, not a fan.

Girls:
[name]Clementine[/name] - cute, but not a favourite of mine, it seems very country, which doesn’t seem to go with the Biblical [name]Elias[/name].
[name]Edith[/name] - not a fan, but I do like [name]Edie[/name].
[name]Sadie[/name] - eh, it’s okay.
[name]Scarlett[/name] - cute, but nothing special, no good nicknames either.
[name]Stella[/name] - don’t like [name]Stella[/name] at all for some reason, but I think I’m in the minority on this.
[name]Tessa[/name] - very cute.
[name]Violet[/name] - it’s okay too, it’s really popular on here but I just can’t love it. [name]Vi[/name] or [name]Vivi[/name] is a cute nickname though.

I like [name]Abraham[/name] ([name]Abe[/name]) with [name]Elias[/name] ([name]Eli[/name]) the best. I do like [name]Leo[/name] too, but I think it may be too short.

I like [name]Violet[/name] ([name]Vi[/name]) and [name]Tessa[/name] for girls paired with [name]Elias[/name].

I would definitely recommend telling your friend to change her baby’s name! People shouldn’t just settle! (why not name the boy [name]August[/name] and call him [name]Gus[/name]?)

Anyway!
My favorites from your list with your son’s name:

For a boy:
[name]Leo[/name]

or

For a girl:
[name]Stella[/name] or [name]Violet[/name]

Good luck!

Thanks a lot Liz22! Are there any other suggestions, or people willing to kind of analyze some of our choices?

We kind of also like these girl names:
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Brighid[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

Like all your names EXCEPT [name]Aristotle[/name]. That one is just awful and cruel, [name]IMO[/name].

Have you considered [name]Teresa[/name]/[name]Theresa[/name] (NN [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Tessa[/name])?
Have you considered [name]Estelle[/name] (NN [name]Stella[/name])?

[name]Hi[/name]! I love [name]Elias[/name] so much! :slight_smile:

Boys:
[name]Abraham[/name]: I think [name]Abraham[/name] is a great name (and love the [name]Abe[/name] or [name]Bram[/name] nicknames, too), and think it would be wonderful with [name]Elias[/name].

More Biblical names I can see with [name]Elias[/name]:

[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]James[/name] (S ending like [name]Elias[/name], though)
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]

[name]Aristotle[/name]: I know it’s Greek like [name]Elias[/name], but it’s pretty “out there” to me, but then again, I think it depends on where you live. At the very least, I think it would make a cool middle name.

More Greek names you may like:

[name]Alexander[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Basil[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] (Latin from Greek)
[name]Theodore[/name] (I love [name]Theodore[/name] with [name]Elias[/name]!)

[name]Cormac[/name]: I think [name]Cormac[/name] is very handsome…

Names you may like:

[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Cashel[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Phinean[/name]
[name]Quillen[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]

[name]Leo[/name]: I love [name]Leo[/name] so much, but it feels pretty similar to [name]Elias[/name]’ middle sound me.

Names that remind me of [name]Leo[/name]:

[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] (E theme, though)
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Simon[/name] (then again, it has [name]Elias[/name]’ S and long I sounds…)
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

[name]Pascal[/name]: I can’t help but think of the [name]Pascal[/name] lamb, so I like some of your other names more…(I think some of the others work better with [name]Elias[/name], too…)

Girls:
[name]Clementine[/name]: I love [name]Clementine[/name], and think that [name]Cleo[/name] is a great nickname.

[name]Edith[/name]: I like some of your others more…

[name]Sadie[/name]: I can better see some other names with [name]Elias[/name]…

[name]Scarlett[/name]: I really love [name]Scarlett[/name]!

[name]Stella[/name]: I think it’s a great name, but because it contains “el,” I think it’s too similar to [name]Elias[/name].

[name]Tessa[/name]: I think it’s very pretty…

[name]Violet[/name]: I love [name]Violet[/name], but I can personally better see a name that doesn’t share [name]Elias[/name]’ long I sound.

More names you may like with [name]Elias[/name]:

[name]Cora[/name]/[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Georgia[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] (oops…[name]El[/name] sound)
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] (nn [name]Josie[/name] or [name]Posey[/name])
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]/[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] (nn [name]Maisie[/name] or [name]Daisy[/name])
[name]Margo[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Names that remind me of [name]Sadie[/name]:

[name]Addie[/name] (as a nickname for [name]Adele[/name], [name]Adelia[/name], or [name]Adelaide[/name])
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name] (or as a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name])
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Sally[/name]
[name]Sosie[/name]

Like I said, I absolutely love your son’s name! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name],

I think [name]Abraham[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] are the best on your lists. (A kid named [name]Pascal[/name] might get called “rascal,” and [name]Aristotle[/name] would probably get teased a lot.) Your other names have potential though.

You all are really helping us a ton! [name]Jill[/name], your lists are so Great, everyone else thanks too! Any more?

[name]Do[/name] you have an updated list? did you like any of Jills suggestions enough to add to the list?

Boys:
[name]Abraham[/name]- like works well w [name]Eli[/name]. [name]Will[/name] you use a nn?
[name]Aristotle[/name]- I actually like this name. what would u use as a nn
[name]Cormac[/name]- i get the appeal of this name but it doesnt sound nice like [name]Elias[/name] does
[name]Leo[/name]- its getting too mainstream for me
[name]Pascal[/name]- [name]Love[/name] i have a freind named [name]Pasqual[/name] and we call him [name]Paz[/name] its cute.

Girls:
[name]Clementine[/name]; love
[name]Edith[/name]: not ready for a come back and not sure if you want another E name
[name]Sadie[/name]: spunky cute
[name]Scarlett[/name]: nice
[name]Stella[/name]: NO [name]Stella[/name] is the new [name]Emma[/name] in terms of popularity
[name]Tessa[/name]: nice but im not sure it ages that well
[name]Violet[/name]: like

[name]Love[/name] [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name]

You all are really helping us a ton! [name]Jill[/name], your lists are so Great, everyone else thanks too! Any more?[/quote]

I’m glad you found some names you like (and thank you)! :slight_smile:

I just posted a long list, and lost it all when I clicked “post.” :frowning:

Let me try again!

More names that remind me of [name]Abraham[/name]:

[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Abner[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Emmanuel[/name] (has an [name]El[/name] ending, though)
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Zachariah[/name]

More Greek names I can see with [name]Elias[/name]:

[name]George[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]

More names that remind me of [name]Cormac[/name] (that I can see with [name]Elias[/name]):

[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Ewan[/name]
[name]Finbar[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Gulliver[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Stewart[/name]

Other names I can see with [name]Elias[/name]:

[name]August[/name]/[name]Augustin[/name] (oops…I listed this before…)
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name]/[name]Archie[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name])
[name]Cassian[/name] (I love [name]Cassius[/name], too, but it’s too close [name]Elias[/name] to me…)
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Julian[/name] (although it contains [name]Elias[/name]’ “lia”)
[name]Jasper[/name] (has the “as” from [name]Elias[/name], though, which may or may not be too similar for you)
[name]Maximilian[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] (close to [name]Elias[/name]’ ending, though)
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]

More girls’ names I can see with [name]Elias[/name]:

[name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name] (has the “el,” though)
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name] or [name]Camille[/name] (nn [name]Millie[/name])
[name]Cassia[/name] (especially if you’re interested in a Greek name)
[name]Calla[/name] (ditto…)
[name]Dorothea[/name] (nn [name]Thea[/name])
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] (Oops! I listed this before…)
[name]Leonora[/name] (I love [name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name], too, but it has [name]Elias[/name]’ beginning)
[name]Mabel[/name] (reminds me of [name]Sadie[/name]'s comfy feel…)
[name]Philippa[/name] (nn [name]Pippa[/name])
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Polly[/name] (reminds me of [name]Sadie[/name]'s style…)
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Thea[/name])
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] (nn [name]Vera[/name], which [name]Susan[/name] thought of…)
[name]Verity[/name]

I really love [name]Elias[/name] paired with a vintage name… :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! (And once again, I love your sons’ name!) :slight_smile:

Boys:
[name]Abraham[/name] - quite nice.
[name]Aristotle[/name] - I love this as a name, but I do think that it would probably be too much for a child to carry off.
[name]Cormac[/name] - I love, love, love this one! You may also like [name]Cedric[/name] or [name]Lorcan[/name].
[name]Leo[/name] - I adore. Handsome and fairly unusual. It also works as a nn for [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Leonine[/name] or [name]Leonard[/name] (lenn-ard), and similar names are [name]Louis[/name], [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Inigo[/name].
[name]Pascal[/name] - I’m not as fond of this one.

My vote goes to [name]Leo[/name], with [name]Cormac[/name] in second place.

Girls:
[name]Clementine[/name] - beautiful.
[name]Edith[/name] - I think [name]Edith[/name] is such an unusual, vintage choice, and the nn [name]Edie[/name] is just adorable.
[name]Sadie[/name] - sassy, but it doesn’t feel like a whole name to me.
[name]Scarlett[/name] - rising in popularity. I can see the appeal, but to me it’s always seemed a little blatantly risque … perhaps I’m just being fusty :slight_smile:
[name]Stella[/name] - I just can’t get on board with this one … it feels dated to me. Sorry!
[name]Tessa[/name] - so pretty.
[name]Violet[/name] - I love. It is rising in popularity, but still - it is beautiful, feminine and spunky.
[name]Adeline[/name] - I like this one, but it’s ruined a little for me by the rising popularity of -lyn names at the moment.
[name]Brighid[/name] - nice.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - a classic choice, with the sweet nn [name]Lottie[/name].
[name]Eleanor[/name] - beautiful.
[name]Viola[/name] - a pretty and less popular alternative to [name]Violet[/name], although I can see it garnering the same sort of attention soon, because it also reminds me of [name]Olivia[/name].

My vote is for [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] or [name]Edith[/name]. I think [name]Violet[/name] would work well as a mn for all of those, too.

Good luck!

I would advise your friend to change her baby’s name from [name]Carl[/name] to something cool. Maybe [name]Carlo[/name]. The magic “o” can change everything! Or how about [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]? Names are very, very important. Why go through life with a clunky name? [name]Carl[/name] is just not in style right now.

I love [name]Elias[/name]!
[name]Love[/name] [name]Leo[/name], but [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] are kind of hard to say together.
With [name]Elias[/name], I love

Girls
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] - Greek like [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] - love it! [name]Clunky[/name] name, but oh, so cool.
[name]Frances[/name] - ditto
[name]Georgia[/name] - Greek
[name]Helena[/name] - Greek
[name]Irene[/name] - Greek, clunky, but getting cool. Use it if you dare.
[name]Iris[/name] - Greek
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Leona[/name]
[name]Melina[/name] - Greek
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] - Greek
[name]Tessa[/name] - another poster suggested this, and I agree
[name]Willa[/name]

Boys
[name]Abraham[/name] nn [name]Bram[/name] - great choice on your list
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Chester[/name] - a clunky but cool name, not like [name]Carl[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name] - ditto
[name]Edwin[/name] - ditto
[name]Frank[/name]
[name]George[/name] - Greek
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] nn [name]Cole[/name] - but this is a lot more overdone than [name]Elias[/name]. Still it is a very nice name.
[name]Oliver[/name] - Latin, love
[name]Peter[/name] - the best name ever and it’s Greek
[name]Philip[/name] - Greek, great name
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Walter[/name] - very clunky name, I think it is on the road to being cool.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Edith[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Abraham[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name]
with [name]Elias[/name] nn [name]Eli[/name].

We want to thank you all again! Shout outs go to list makers with great analysis to meryl, jill (again!), twinkle, and susan… but great thanks to everyone!!

So thanks to you all, we are narrowing, and these are our favorites…with some comments and this time we included nn as a way of pairing with our son [name]Elias[/name] / nn [name]Eli[/name]

Boys:
[name]Abraham[/name] / [name]Bram[/name] (love the nn, worried about the association with beard)
[name]Archibald[/name]/ [name]Archie[/name]
[name]August[/name]/ [name]Augie[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name] / [name]Cal[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] / nn? (love this name, but does it go with [name]Elias[/name]?)
[name]Leopold[/name] or [name]Leonardo[/name] / [name]Leo[/name] (love this nn, but not crazy about the choices of the name)
[name]Lorenzo[/name] / [name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] / [name]Theo[/name] (like it, but like [name]Leo[/name] better!)
[name]Truman[/name] / nn?

Girls (somehow getting longer, not shorter!)
[name]Adeline[/name] / [name]Addie[/name]
[name]Brighid[/name] / [name]Bridey[/name] (love this nn!)
[name]Charlotte[/name] / [name]Lottie[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] / [name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] / [name]Edie[/name] (sentimental choice due to grandma – too clunky?)
[name]Eleanor[/name] / [name]Ellie[/name] (very similar to [name]Eli[/name] though)
[name]Estelle[/name] / [name]Stella[/name] (gives the nn some beauty we think)
[name]Evangeline[/name] / [name]Evie[/name] (a nod to grandma, but with our own spin?)
[name]Liliana[/name] / [name]Lily[/name] (too popular?)
[name]Lucinda[/name] / [name]Lucy[/name] (not crazy for [name]Lucinda[/name], but love [name]Lucy[/name])
[name]Sarah[/name] / [name]Sadie[/name] (another grandma name, but we like the nn)
[name]Scarlett[/name] / nn?
[name]Theresa[/name] / [name]Tess[/name]/ [name]Tessa[/name] (don’t love the name, but do love the nn’s.)
[name]Viola[/name] / nn? (took [name]Violet[/name] off the list b/c of a friend’s baby)
[name]Willow[/name] / nn? (too alternativae?)

Thanks again! You all are great… the plan is to go to dinner tonight with our lists and start crossing off five at a time, then one at a time, until we have our final two! So any more help, helps!