Need help... Baby Due Jan. 15! (Update: Poll is very close!)

Most of my suggestions are in with my comments on the names, (above) but here are a few more:
Girls:
[name]Oceane[/name] nn ?
[name]Natalia[/name] nn [name]Talia[/name]/[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] nn [name]Izzy[/name]/[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] nn [name]May[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] nn [name]Jules[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]/[name]Georgiana[/name] nn [name]Gia[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] nn [name]Viv[/name]/[name]Vivi[/name]
[name]Chantal[/name] nn [name]Chan[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] nn [name]Susie[/name]
[name]Adriana[/name] nn [name]Ana[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name] nn [name]Jemma[/name]/[name]Mimi[/name]/[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name] nn [name]Nia[/name]/[name]Ginny[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] nn [name]Nikki[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Nell[/name]

Boys:
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] nn [name]Ollie[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Julius[/name] nn [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] nn [name]Bastian[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Saul[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] (nn for [name]Finley[/name], [name]Finian[/name], [name]Finnegan[/name], Finten, etc.)
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] nn [name]Milo[/name]

Good luck! You really have some great choices there!

[quote=“meghandavid”]We want to thank you all again! Shout outs go to list makers with great analysis to meryl, jill (again!), twinkle, and susan… but great thanks to everyone!!

So thanks to you all, we are narrowing, and these are our favorites…with some comments and this time we included nn as a way of pairing with our son [name]Elias[/name] / nn [name]Eli[/name]

Boys:
[name]Abraham[/name] / [name]Bram[/name]** (love the nn, worried about the association with beard) - Beard? I don’t get it.
[name]Archibald[/name]/ [name]Archie[/name]* - love
[name]August[/name]/ [name]Augie[/name]* - wonderful
[name]Calvin[/name]* / [name]Cal[/name] - love [name]Calvin[/name], don’t love [name]Cal[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] / nn? (love this name, but does it go with [name]Elias[/name]?) - yeah, I think it works, but I like some of the other choices more.
[name]Leopold[/name]** or [name]Leonardo[/name] / [name]Leo[/name]** (love this nn, but not crazy about the choices of the name) - how about [name]Lionel[/name]? I think [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] are too similar in sound though.
[name]Lorenzo[/name] / [name]Enzo[/name]*** - love so much.
[name]Theodore[/name]*** / [name]Theo[/name] (like it, but like [name]Leo[/name] better!) - I can’t decide whether I love [name]Theodore[/name] or [name]Lionel[/name] more. I don’t like [name]Theo[/name] as much as [name]Leo[/name], but I love, love, [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ted[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name]!
[name]Truman[/name]* / nn? [name]Tru[/name] is the nn. This is a fun name, too.

Girls (somehow getting longer, not shorter!)
[name]Adeline[/name]* / [name]Addie[/name]** - cute
[name]Brighid[/name]* / [name]Bridey[/name]* (love this nn!) - love it!
[name]Charlotte[/name] / [name]Lottie[/name] - The harlot in the middle of [name]Charlotte[/name] makes me not like this name so much. Plus [name]Charlotte[/name] rhymes with harlot. I wouldn’t want my name to rhyme with harlot. Alternative: [name]Carlotta[/name]* nn [name]Lottie[/name].
[name]Clementine[/name]* / [name]Cleo[/name] - I had a cat named [name]Cleo[/name], and I got tired of saying [name]Cleo[/name]. I love the name [name]Clementine[/name] though. Maybe if I knew a little girl named [name]Cleo[/name], I would love that name.
[name]Edith[/name]
/ [name]Edie[/name]** (sentimental choice due to grandma – too clunky?) - It IS clunky, and that’s the whole point. You’ve got to revel in its clunkiness. I love [name]Edith[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name]. So fun.
[name]Eleanor[/name] / [name]Ellie[/name] (very similar to [name]Eli[/name] though) - [name]Ellie[/name] is so popular, and yes, it is way too similar to [name]Eli[/name]. I would drop it.
[name]Estelle[/name] / [name]Stella[/name] (gives the nn some beauty we think) - yes, a wonderful name. [name]Elias[/name] and [name]Estelle[/name] are very, very matchy though.
[name]Evangeline[/name] / [name]Evie[/name] (a nod to grandma, but with our own spin?) - lovely.
[name]Liliana[/name] / [name]Lily[/name]* (too popular?) - I think so, but Liy is so pretty.
[name]Lucinda[/name]* / [name]Lucy[/name]*** (not crazy for [name]Lucinda[/name], but love [name]Lucy[/name]) - I love the name [name]Lucy[/name]. What about [name]Lucille[/name]? You would be on the cutting edge.
[name]Sarah[/name] / [name]Sadie[/name] (another grandma name, but we like the nn) - [name]Sarah[/name] has become way too popular for me to love it anymore. [name]Sadie[/name] is a very popular name for a dog.
[name]Scarlett[/name] / nn? - NN could be [name]Lettie[/name]. [name]Scarlett[/name] is pretty. I love some of your other choices more.
[name]Theresa[/name]* / [name]Tess[/name]*/ [name]Tessa[/name]** (don’t love the name, but do love the nn’s.) - I love the name [name]Theresa[/name], but it isn’t in style right now. [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] are so pretty. You could just name your daughter [name]Tessa[/name]. But I would use the full name [name]Theresa[/name] and never [name]Teresa[/name]. That way she can have a formal name if she ever chooses to have a very formal profession.
[name]Viola[/name] / nn? (took [name]Violet[/name] off the list b/c of a friend’s baby) - I found out on Nameberry that [name]Viola[/name] means rape in Spanish. Now I don’t like [name]Viola[/name] anymore.
[name]Willow[/name] / nn? (too alternativae?) - I think [name]Willow[/name] is kind of lightweight next to [name]Elias[/name].

What about
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Anwen[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Flavia[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Kendra[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
Paisha (PAY-sha)
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Rainie[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name] nn [name]Tallie[/name]
[name]Zandra[/name] nn [name]Zandie[/name]

I am going to star the names on the list. If you see lots of stars next to certain names, know that I love those names the most!

I’m so glad we could all be of help! :slight_smile:

Boys:
[name]Abraham[/name] / [name]Bram[/name] (love the nn, worried about the association with beard): I love [name]Abraham[/name] and think it’s great with [name]Elias[/name]/[name]Eli[/name], but I’m missing the beard association. (I’m one who worries about teasing potential, so I’m really curious about beard!) :slight_smile:

[name]Archibald[/name]/ [name]Archie[/name]: I think [name]Archibald[/name]/[name]Augie[/name] is amazing with [name]Elias[/name]/[name]Eli[/name]! (And have you seen [name]Amy[/name] Pohler’s baby named [name]Archibald[/name]/[name]Archie[/name]? I think he’s beyond adorable!) :slight_smile:

[name]August[/name]/ [name]Augie[/name]: I love this with [name]Elias[/name], too!

[name]Calvin[/name] / [name]Cal[/name]: I love [name]Calvin[/name] and [name]Elias[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Cormac[/name] / nn? (love this name, but does it go with [name]Elias[/name]?): I think the other names work better with [name]Elias[/name], but I do think it’s a great name. You could call him [name]Mac[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Leopold[/name] or [name]Leonardo[/name] / [name]Leo[/name] (love this nn, but not crazy about the choices of the name): [name]Leo[/name] is one of my all-time favorites, and it may just be me, but there’s something very similar to me about [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Elias[/name]. [name]Even[/name] so, I think it’s a great name, and if you don’t see the similarity, that’s all that matters! I love [name]Leo[/name] on its own, and [name]Leopold[/name], too.

[name]Lorenzo[/name] / [name]Enzo[/name]: I can better see [name]Abraham[/name], [name]Archibald[/name], [name]August[/name], and [name]Calvin[/name] with [name]Elias[/name]/[name]Eli[/name], but I think [name]Lorenzo[/name]/[name]Enzo[/name] is a great name.

[name]Theodore[/name] / [name]Theo[/name] (like it, but like [name]Leo[/name] better!): I love it, and think it’s great with [name]Elias[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Truman[/name] / nn?: I can see the vintage [name]Truman[/name] with [name]Elias[/name], too, but [name]Tru[/name] is the only nickname I can think of at the moment. :slight_smile:

[name]Adeline[/name] / [name]Addie[/name]: I think it’s really pretty…

[name]Brighid[/name] / [name]Bridey[/name] (love this nn!): I can better see some of the others with [name]Elias[/name], but I love [name]Brigid[/name]/[name]Bridey[/name]!

[name]Charlotte[/name] / [name]Lottie[/name]: I love it! [name]Every[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] I’ve known has been bright, beautiful, and funny.

[name]Clementine[/name] / [name]Cleo[/name]: I love this, too…

[name]Edith[/name] / [name]Edie[/name] (sentimental choice due to grandma – too clunky?): I do think it’s clunky, but I like clunky names. :slight_smile: I think the [name]Edie[/name] nickname is sweet…

[name]Eleanor[/name] / [name]Ellie[/name] (very similar to [name]Eli[/name] though): I love [name]Eleanor[/name] so much, but [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] are way too similar to me. Have you considered the [name]Nora[/name] nickname? [name]Even[/name] so, both names begin with [name]El[/name], but if you’re okay with it, I think it’s a wonderful name!

[name]Estelle[/name] / [name]Stella[/name] (gives the nn some beauty we think): I love [name]Estelle[/name], but the “el” makes it feel matchy to me with [name]Elias[/name].

[name]Evangeline[/name] / [name]Evie[/name] (a nod to grandma, but with our own spin?): [name]LOVE[/name]! [name]LOVE[/name]!

[name]Liliana[/name] / [name]Lily[/name] (too popular?): It’s pretty popular, but I can better see some of your other names with [name]Elias[/name]/[name]Eli[/name], not only because they sound alike to me, but because [name]Eli[/name] [name]Lilly[/name] is a pharmaceutical company.

[name]Lucinda[/name] / [name]Lucy[/name] (not crazy for [name]Lucinda[/name], but love [name]Lucy[/name]): I love both…You may also like [name]Lucia[/name].

[name]Sarah[/name] / [name]Sadie[/name] (another grandma name, but we like the nn): [name]Sarah[/name] is very popular, but I think it’s meaning to you is more important than popularity. [name]Sadie[/name] is pretty popular, too…You may also like [name]Sally[/name], another [name]Sarah[/name] nickname.

[name]Scarlett[/name] / nn?: I think it’s beautiful, and [name]Lettie[/name] is my favorite [name]Scarlett[/name] nickname.

[name]Theresa[/name] / [name]Tess[/name]/ [name]Tessa[/name] (don’t love the name, but do love the nn’s.): I love [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] more than I do [name]Theresa[/name], and I think of [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] as names in and of themselves, not nicknames. (That’s just me, though! )

[name]Viola[/name] / nn? (took [name]Violet[/name] off the list b/c of a friend’s baby): I think it’s a great name, but I can better see some of the others with [name]Eli[/name]/[name]Elias[/name]…

[name]Willow[/name] / nn? (too alternativae?): It feels pretty trendy to me, but I can see [name]Willa[/name] with [name]Elias[/name]…

I have too many favorites to list, and I can’t wait to see what you choose! :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

Boys:
[name]Abraham[/name]- Sounds great with [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Aristotle[/name]- not even sure how to pronounce it . . .
[name]Cormac[/name]- more of a middle name
[name]Leo[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it! Sounds very L-ey with [name]Eli[/name] though
[name]Pascal[/name]- Ew.

Girls:
[name]Clementine[/name]- Can’t you just picture a 30 year old woman going in for a serious job interview “Whats your name?” “[name]Clementine[/name]”
[name]Edith[/name]- too old
[name]Sadie[/name]- Very E-sh. EEEEli and Sadieeeee
[name]Scarlett[/name]- love it!
[name]Stella[/name]- again with the L’s and the E’s!
[name]Tessa[/name]- Nickname [name]Tess[/name]?
[name]Violet[/name]- [name]Vi[/name] and [name]Eli[/name]. It rhymes!

I voted for [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name], but I also like [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name].

Thanks! Anyone else feel free to comment too!

I’ll pick my favorites from your updated list and give comments:

[name]Elias[/name]/[name]Eli[/name] and…

Boys:
[name]Abraham[/name] / [name]Bram[/name] – [name]Abraham[/name] is growing on me. The nn is fantastic too!

[name]August[/name]/ [name]Augie[/name] – I love [name]August[/name] but I’m not feeling [name]Augie[/name]. Not sure what else could work as a nn though…

[name]Cormac[/name] / nn? – [name]How[/name] about [name]Mac[/name] for a nn? [name]Cory[/name] works too.

[name]Leopold[/name] or [name]Leonardo[/name] / [name]Leo[/name] – [name]Love[/name] [name]Leo[/name] but not a fan of the full names. Would you consider just naming him [name]Leo[/name]? Perhaps a different name that could lend itself to [name]Leo[/name]: [name]Leander[/name], [name]Leland[/name]/[name]Leeland[/name] (my fav), [name]Lemuel[/name], [name]Lewis[/name], [name]Levi[/name], Lewin, [name]Leyton[/name]

[name]Theodore[/name] / [name]Theo[/name] – [name]Love[/name] it!

[name]Adeline[/name] / [name]Addie[/name] – so cute!

[name]Brighid[/name] / [name]Bridey[/name] – [name]Love[/name] [name]Brighid[/name], not a fan of [name]Bridey[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name] / [name]Lottie[/name] – so cute!

[name]Clementine[/name] / [name]Cleo[/name] – Darling, but this is out if you ever want to use [name]Leo[/name] or [name]Theo[/name].

[name]Estelle[/name] / [name]Stella[/name] – Beautiful ([name]Estelle[/name] seems stuffy to me though.)

[name]Evangeline[/name] / [name]Evie[/name] – much better than [name]Edith[/name], [name]IMO[/name]. nn might be a little close to [name]Eli[/name] depending on how you pronounce it.

[name]Lucinda[/name] / [name]Lucy[/name]-- how about [name]Lucia[/name]?

[name]Sarah[/name] / [name]Sadie[/name] – [name]Love[/name] [name]Sadie[/name], do not love [name]Sarah[/name]. [name]Sarai[/name] perhaps?

[name]Viola[/name] / nn? – Beautiful. [name]Vi[/name] or [name]Vivi[/name] work as nns.

[name]Willow[/name] / nn? – [name]How[/name] about [name]Willa[/name] instead? Seems to match your style better?

Good luck to you!

I voted for [name]Edith[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]. [name]Just[/name] love those names. I would have voted for [name]Leo[/name], but I think your older son is named [name]Eli[/name]. I think [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] are too similar.

[name]Hi[/name]! I voted for [name]Theodore[/name] for a baby boy (I love [name]Leo[/name], too, but with [name]Eli[/name]/[name]Elias[/name], [name]Leo[/name] is too similar to me), and for a baby girl, I voted for [name]Evangeline[/name], because it doesn’t have [name]Elias[/name]’ long I sound like [name]Clementine[/name] or [name]Adeline[/name]. If I don’t consider the long I sound, [name]Clementine[/name] gets my vote. :slight_smile:

Great list! :slight_smile:

Take care!

Thank you [name]Jill[/name], [name]Susan[/name], [name]Dove[/name], for all the great help…

Thank you [name]Jill[/name], [name]Susan[/name], [name]Dove[/name], for all the great help…[/quote]

No problem! (I know I voted for [name]Evangeline[/name], but honestly, I love [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name], too. Actually, I love your entire list!) :slight_smile:

I’m really excited to see what you pick!

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

Thank you [name]Jill[/name], [name]Susan[/name], [name]Dove[/name], for all the great help…[/quote]

No problem! (I know I voted for [name]Evangeline[/name], but honestly, I love [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name], too. Actually, I love your entire list!) :slight_smile:

I’m really excited to see what you pick!

Have a good night! :-)[/quote]

We will be sure to post the full name after the baby is delivered… more voters ?

[name]Hi[/name], wow, how exciting for you the big day is coming up soon! Ok, love [name]Elias[/name] and the nn [name]Eli[/name]. I really like when sibling names compliment one another in some way- it just makes them more meaningful I think. Example a friend who has a son name [name]Kiernan[/name] just had another boy named [name]Spencer[/name], which I like each well enough on their own but combined I think they do not flow or go at all! SO with [name]Elias[/name] I definetly think old school and biblical with a cool nick name would match well. I love [name]Abraham[/name] - it fits perfectly, same stlye, not overly used and [name]Abe[/name] or [name]Bram[/name] are awesome nicknames!! I am SOLD on that one for a boy. Okay girl, [name]Clementine[/name] is sweet but it does not have the same feel with [name]Elias[/name] to ME anyway. I think [name]Evangeline[/name] is much better as it also fits the criteria perfectly. I also think [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] is so cute together. I love [name]Abraham[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name]!
As for [name]Carl[/name] I could not be sadder, [name]August[/name] is awesome and so it [name]Gus[/name]! I changed my son’s name at 3 weeks- they will be so much happier if they go with what they truly like! GOOD [name]LUCK[/name], love your name taste!

I just love [name]Evangeline[/name] and if my daughter was on nameberry she would vote for it too as she loves it so much. I voted [name]Theodore[/name] for a son because I like [name]Theo[/name] very much.

I love nn. [name]Theo[/name] for a boy and nn. [name]Evan[/name] for a girl :slight_smile:

With older brother [name]Elias[/name] “[name]Eli[/name]”, I definitely prefer the names [name]Abraham[/name] “[name]Bram[/name]” for a boy and [name]Clementine[/name] for a girl.

Congratulations and good luck! :slight_smile:

I voted [name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name].

[name]Eli/name and [name]Theo/name are so cute together, and [name]Addie[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] are cute too.

I think [name]Evangeline[/name] is lovely, but with [name]Elias[/name], it might get too theme-y, especially if you have another child.

[name]Clementine[/name] is cute, but kind of trendy and not as classic as [name]Elias[/name] and your other choices.

[name]Leo[/name] seems too short, like you need a longer more substantial name that you can shorten, [name]Leo[/name] is a nice name though.

And like I said before I do really like [name]Abraham[/name] nn [name]Abe[/name] with [name]Elias[/name] nn [name]Eli[/name], I think they’re darling together, but my favourite is [name]Theodore[/name]. Good luck!

Still need help!

I voted [name]Adeline[/name] & [name]Abraham[/name] :slight_smile:
Good luck you have such lovely ones to choose from.