Need help choosing baby girl name?

30 weeks pregnant and still going back and forth between names. My mind was set on [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] but then I heard the name [name_f]Elora[/name_f], I fell in love. We decided on [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] because my mother in law wanted her first grandchild to be name after her mother(great grandmother) but I absolutely love the name [name_f]Elora[/name_f]. I don’t want to hurt my mother in laws feelings. Please Help?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a middle name chosen already? If not, I would suggest [name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]! Besides being a lovely combo, it would allow you to have a daughter called [name_f]Elora[/name_f], and still honor your family in the middle name spot.

Good luck!

[name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] would be a gorgeous combo! It would still honor your mother-in-law’s mother. TBH, I find it rather selfish that your [name_f]MIL[/name_f] has such strong feelings about her first grandchild’s name. She had her chance to name her kids, what matters is what name you love.

The great thing about naming your own baby is that it is YOUR baby!

You (and your other half) have the right to choose the name you like the most. If you love the name [name_f]Elora[/name_f]-use it!

Others have suggested using [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] in the middle, which I agree, is a lovely idea. But again, if you end up finding something else you like better in the middle spot, that’s fine too. You don’t have to worry about your [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s feelings because she is not the baby’s parent and it’s not her job to name her.

Good luck deciding!

I agree with the previous posters that you should go with the name you love, and if [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] sounds good to you as a middle name then that’d be a bonus !

They are both great names! And as others have said, the combo in either order is also very good. I think that [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] as a middle would more than satisfy your [name_f]MIL[/name_f]. And it’s a totally beautiful name with a lovely meaning to boot. It’s actually our runner-up name for our daughter due in a few weeks.