Need help from a Mandarin speaker

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Writers!

I’m writing a story based in 1880s USA but it includes a few Chinese characters.

There’s one male, age ~25, who is the love interest. He is adventurous, charming, and fiercely protective of his younger sibling. He is formerly a sailor and loves the sea. I would like a family name and first name for him (pidgin is fine) that suits his personality but is historically appropriate. Something common is totally fine, like the equivalent of [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]. He goes by [name_u]Mack[/name_u] as his [name_f]English[/name_f] name. But, if I found something that 1880s Americans would be able to pronounce (like Wen) then I’d be happy to primarily use his real given name, if that makes sense.

He takes care of his younger sibling, age about 14. I haven’t decided if it works better to have a brother or sister, so both would be great. I expect the sibling to be shy and studious.

I’d love a few extras so I can name other family members as they are referenced, though they will not be featured much.

Any help or resources is much appreciated!