Need Help! Girls names crisis Cannot Decide were both stubborn

Hey there berries I need your help.We our having our first child a little girl in [name]December[/name] and we cannot decide on a name it is so frustrating. I am leaning towards unisex names for our daughter such as [name]Bailey[/name] this is at the top of my list but I’m worried she’ll get teased with having a J last name. But it might not be so bad with having a middle name. the middle name is going to be [name]Sue[/name] but I’m not so keen but my boyfriend is adamant to honour his Aunty.If I couldn’t get the name I wanted maybe then I would suggest another middle name to go alongside [name]Sue[/name].
Any ideas and name selections are welcome I am hoping to narrow down the list and maybe find names we both can agree on.Combos and your honest opinion will really help too.

My list is a mixture of Unisex and Girly but my boyfriend doesn’t seem to like any of them

[name]Bailey[/name] I’m determined to get him to like it but I’m worried about the last name being J
[name]Harley[/name] he just doesn’t like it
[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Melody[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Christie[/name] love but to close to my mothers name [name]Christina[/name] it goes lovely with [name]Sue[/name] though
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
Aiofe worried about the the way people pronounce it
[name]Brogan[/name] he has a nephew called [name]Logan[/name] but the name is beautiful
[name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]Niamh[/name] again the pronunciation
Arielyn does it sound made up
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]

He loves
[name]Lily[/name] is it to popular
[name]Brooke[/name] nice but last name connotations and it doesn’t go with [name]Sue[/name]
[name]Evie[/name] is lovely but I can’t see a grown up [name]Evie[/name] as I don’t like any names that can be used for [name]Evie[/name] to be a Nickname
[name]Madison[/name] is great I just don’t like [name]Maddie[/name]
[name]Millie[/name] as a nickname for [name]Amelia[/name] but he hates the name and I don’t like [name]Millie[/name] by itself

Help! and Thanks I appreciate it Berries

You know, you can name her [name]Madison[/name]. If you don’t want her to be called [name]Maddie[/name] then just say that. I’m assuming your close friends and family will respect that request. You could also try [name]Addison[/name]. I like [name]Addison[/name] [name]Sue[/name] J__ or [name]Addy[/name]-[name]Sue[/name] or A.J. Honestly I am not big on unisex names so I’m not sure what else to say :open_mouth: (not saying unisex are bad or anything…I find them quite nice but there’s always a chance that some kid of the opposite gender in your kids class will have the same name and that might lead to teasing)

But on a better note I do [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] and I have a solution to your problem. Name her [name]Sue[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] J__ and then call her by her middle name. I know plenty of people who do this. In fact my friend [name]Leah[/name]'s first name is [name]Ann[/name] but she always told her friends and teachers to call her [name]Leah[/name] and no one ever made a big deal about it. [name]Just[/name] think about it :slight_smile:

I know an adult [name]Evie[/name] and it fits her quite well. “[name]Evie[/name] [name]Sue[/name] J–” sounds like a happy and upbeat person to me.

From your list I like

Ava Sue
Melody Sue
Piper Sue
Thalia Sue and Maya Sue
Lily Sue

I don’t think Aoife Sue, Teagan Sue, Niamh Sue sounds good together and I kinda do think Arielyn sounds made up but I do like Ariel though.

Suggestions;

Fiona Sue
Evelyn Sue
Orla Sue
Melanie Sue

Oh, I do love the idea of [name]Sue[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] - or even better, [name]Susan[/name] [name]Bailey[/name], [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] … depends on the length of the last name, really.

Any ideas about why Dad doesn’t love the names on your list? It seems like he prefers slightly more feminine names, but there’s overlap in terms of style - it’s not like he’s into [name]Arabella[/name] and you like [name]Jan[/name]. Could you compromise with something like [name]Claire[/name], [name]Maren[/name], [name]Eden[/name]?

I do think it’s important to find a name you can both agree on. You’ll both be saying it so often; if he really dislikes [name]Bailey[/name], then let it go. There’s another special name out there:

From your list I like:
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]

Others to consider:
[name]Matilda[/name], nn [name]Tilly[/name]
Betsan, nn [name]Betsy[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]