need help honouring both grandfathers

[name]Hi[/name] all! My husband and I are expecting our second daughter in [name]July[/name] and would like her name to honour both of our dads. Our firstborn is [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name], which loosely honoured our moms (each of her first initials matches an initial from our moms). My dad’s name is [name]William[/name] [name]Hugh[/name], and FIL (who has passed away) was [name]Michael[/name] [name]Leslie[/name]. The name we have come up with so far is [name]Lia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]. I love the reference to our dads, and the sentimental meaning for [name]Michelle[/name] is starting to trump the fact that I am not the hugest fan of the name itself. However, I’m concerned that it isn’t THE name. Here are my concerns:

1. the tie-in to the Glee actress (spelled differently, I know, and we won’t call our daughter by both of her names too often…but it still kinda bugs me)
  2. I feel there may be more options that I just haven’t found yet. I came up with this name VERY early in my pregnancy, and it feels odd to be decided already (it took right up until a week before [name]Evangeline[/name] arrived to decide her name).

Can anyone think of some suggestions, using [name]William[/name] [name]Hugh[/name] and [name]Michael[/name] [name]Leslie[/name] as jumping off points? A few key parameters to consider–my husband has absolutely vetoed [name]Michaela[/name], and our last name starts with a “W” so I want to avoid [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Willow[/name]. We would also prefer not to have two middle names.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

The [name]Lia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]-[name]Leah[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] thing would bother me a little too. It’s a lovely name, but I wouldnt like the “Oh like [name]Leah[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]!” youre sure to get every so often.

Let’s see…
[name]Leslie[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] W. (Is [name]Leslie[/name] out as a fn since its in your family in the male version or would you make the jump?)
[name]Michelle[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] W. (I kind of smush [name]Leslie[/name] and [name]Hugh[/name] and get [name]Leigh[/name] when I look at it, if that makes any sense)

Or just using the initials…I chose MH to avoid the W alliteration:
[name]Marianne[/name] [name]Haley[/name]
[name]Mina[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Mara[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Mischa[/name] [name]Holly[/name] (What do you think of [name]Mischa[/name]?)
[name]Molly[/name] [name]Helene[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] is genius. I don’t know if you’ll be able to find something better without using [name]Willa[/name], [name]Willow[/name], or [name]Michaela[/name]. [name]Leslie[/name] is a good middle name option.

Rearranging the letters in [name]Liam[/name] gets you [name]Mila[/name]. [name]Mila[/name] to honor [name]William[/name]? [name]Mila[/name] [name]Leslie[/name]? [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name] is so girly that I’d avoid any unisex first names. Using your fathers’ initials, here are more ideas:

[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Willa[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Marina[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Mila[/name] [name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Maya[/name] [name]Waverly[/name]

I really like the idea of using [name]Lia[/name] to honour [name]William[/name]! Perhaps [name]Lia[/name] Chae (like [name]Shea[/name] - wil[name]LIAm[/name] & miCHAEel)? [name]Lia[/name] & [name]Evangeline[/name] are very sweet together. I also love pp’s suggestion of [name]Mischa[/name] [name]Holly[/name]. I’m no good with suggestions, but I do hope you find something you love! All the best!

Going by you Daughters name [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name], i have tried to come up with some names that fit with hers

[name]Harriett[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Micheline[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]
Lillibeth
[name]Lizbeth[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]
[name]Willamina[/name]

[name]Lily[/name] or [name]Lila[/name] could work as an alternative to [name]Lia[/name].

[name]Leslie[/name] could turn into something like [name]Lisa[/name] ([name]Lesa[/name] if you’d prefer) or [name]Essie[/name]/[name]Esme[/name]

[name]William[/name] - the ‘ill’ sound cound give you [name]Isla[/name], or the ‘am’ could give [name]Amy[/name]/[name]Amelia[/name]/[name]Amanda[/name]/any Am-starting name really. [name]Amelia[/name]'s probably the best as it uses the ‘lia’ bit you already picked out.

[name]Michael[/name] could go for [name]Mica[/name]/[name]Mika[/name], [name]Misha[/name] or [name]Kayla[/name] at a push.

Can’t work anything girly with [name]Hugh[/name] unless you just use the initial, or a rhyme ([name]Lou[/name]/[name]Blue[/name]/[name]True[/name]/[name]Sue[/name] depending on style)

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] W nn [name]Lia[/name] would effectively take in what you had before and avoid an obvious comparison with the actress.

If you want to avoid the [name]Lia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] connection, you could use [name]Lia[/name] [name]Leslie[/name] instead - I know some people don’t like alliteration, but I think it’s nice. Or perhaps [name]Lia[/name] [name]Michelina[/name]? [name]Michelina[/name] adds a bit of length to the name, to match the style of [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name].

[name]Mischa[/name] is lovely to honour [name]Michael[/name], and I think [name]Mila[/name]/[name]Milena[/name] or [name]Milly[/name] could work from [name]William[/name].

Would you consider Hue or Huma for a girl? They are both rare as names but Hue is a lovely word!

Could you get [name]Euphemia[/name] ([name]Effie[/name]) from [name]Hugh[/name]?

[name]Euphemia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Michelle[/name] [name]Euphemia[/name]
[name]Michelle[/name] Hue
[name]Milena[/name] Hue
[name]Mischa[/name] [name]Euphemia[/name]

[name]Lia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] is a beautiful combo.

[name]Mischa[/name] is a great suggestion! I love it!
[name]Mischa[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Mischa[/name] [name]Lilianna[/name]
[name]Mischa[/name] [name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Mischa[/name] [name]Lilou[/name]
I also like [name]Micah[/name] for a girl, but I know a lot of people dislike this boys names for girls thing (to me this one is a nature name so on a girl it’s like [name]Wren[/name])
I think [name]Micah[/name] [name]Lilianna[/name] is really pretty.

Thank you all so much for the suggestions!! This is my first time posting and you have definitely given my husband and I alot of beautiful names to consider…and I also appreciate the support of our original name choice (kinda nice to have “approval”–we like to keep our names a secret from our family, so hearing non-biased opinions are great). My husband was impressed with the thought that all of you have put into your suggestions. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Other suggestions that I didn’t see mentioned yet:

[name]William[/name] - [name]Wilhelmina[/name], [name]Mina[/name], [name]Minnie[/name], [name]Billie[/name], [name]Sybil[/name], [name]Cybele[/name], [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Michael[/name] - [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Shelly[/name], [name]Richelle[/name], [name]Michelina[/name], [name]Micheline[/name], [name]Mika[/name]
[name]Leslie[/name] - [name]Alessandra[/name], [name]Celeste[/name]

Maybe [name]Gillian[/name] would work to honor [name]William[/name] [name]Hugh[/name] - the G from [name]Hugh[/name] and the -illia- from [name]William[/name].

Also you could lengthen the [name]Lia[/name] and make it short for another name such as [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Natalia[/name], [name]Emilia[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Rosalia[/name], [name]Juliane[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name], etc plus [name]Michelle[/name], and it would further distance the Glee connection.

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name] and maybe:

• [name]Juliane[/name] “[name]Lia[/name]” [name]Celeste[/name]
  • [name]Alessandra[/name] [name]Gillian[/name]
  • [name]Michelina[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
  • [name]Aurelia[/name] “[name]Lia[/name]” [name]Michelle[/name]
  • [name]Rosalia[/name] [name]Sybil[/name]

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Michal[/name]