Need Help Naming 3 Sisiters

I’m currently working on a novel about 3 sisters who are in a car accident. It’s a story about survival as each sister wakes up with questions and serious injuries. They cannot remember why they were in the car together or where they were going.

I’m having issues with names. I haven’t even thought of middle names or surnames, so I could use suggestions for all. Character #1 is married so I need a different surname for her.

Some surnames I’m considering (not in any special order): [name]Porter[/name], Buurman, [name]Cleary[/name], [name]Collins[/name], Coyne, Cuddy, Dowling, Fenwick, [name]Fisher[/name], [name]Hendrick[/name], Herring, Humber, [name]Ingram[/name], Kindree, [name]Brody[/name], McLaren, Glass, [name]McLeod[/name], [name]Mercer[/name], Niffin, [name]Ramsay[/name], Sopher, [name]Walton[/name]

Character #1 - Oldest sister: She is the main character/heroine of the story. After the accident, she wakes up in the passenger seat and her legs are trapped. She also is awake hours before her sisters. [name]Early[/name] thirties, married, she runs a farm, strong, responsible, dependable, bold, blunt, abit of a pessimist, easy to get along with unless you piss her off, loves to cook, introvert, likes to help people who are in need, has a lot of self-doubt.

Character #2 - Middle sister: After the accident, she wakes up in the back seat and has the most injuries. Late twenties, is a foral designer, a follower not a leader, optimistic about most things, dependable on a good day, fun-loving, friendly, loves to garden, extrovert, loves herself, judgemental, needy, easily influenced.

Character #3 - Youngest sister: She was driving the car. She wakes up with a head injury and is suffering from memory loss. Mid twenties, is a photographer, a leader, optimistic, selfish, moody, has no tact, has no problem lying to get what she wants, needs to be the center of attention, extrovert.

The sister’s had a tough childhood. Their parents divorced when the kids were young and they were raised by the father. The father remarried later and the step-mother was not liked. Six months before the story takes place, the father is killed in a farming accident and the sisters suspect the step-mother played a roll in the death.

First names I’m considering: [name]Dorthy[/name], Carnie, [name]Callie[/name], [name]Laurell[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Allison[/name] ‘[name]Ally[/name]’, [name]Nina[/name], [name]Rebecca[/name] ‘[name]Becca[/name]’, [name]Erin[/name], [name]Susannah[/name] ‘[name]Susie[/name]’, [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Bonnie[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Joely[/name], [name]Shelly[/name], Garalyn, [name]Tara[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Lew[/name] ‘[name]LuLu[/name]’

Thanks for the help

Anybody?

I’m leaning towards [name]Alice[/name] for either the lead character (#1) or the youngest sister (#3).
I was going to go with [name]Porter[/name] for the surname, but I can’t because of beer associated with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Porter[/name]. I’m not a beer drinking, so…

You could go with [name]Alison[/name]/[name]Alyson[/name] with the nn [name]Alice[/name] for the older sister. Also [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Leanne[/name] with the nn [name]Lea[/name], [name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Jane[/name], [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name].
The middle sister seems more like something spunky, but sweet. [name]Harper[/name] comes to mind, so does [name]Alexis[/name], [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Grace[/name].
The younger sister could be a [name]Georgette[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Dakota[/name] or [name]Summer[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] this helps you :slight_smile: and good luck!

sister 1 - [name]Heather[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] Rendel

or [name]Jennifer[/name]/[name]Jenna[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] Rendel

[name]Sister[/name] 2 - [name]Caroline[/name] nn [name]Carly[/name] [name]Eve[/name] [name]Jessup[/name]

or [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Jessup[/name]

[name]Sister[/name] 3 - [name]Amelia[/name] nn [name]Mia[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jessup[/name]

or [name]Susanna[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]/[name]Susie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Jessup[/name]

Wow, I can’t believe how much time I’ve spent on these names. Usually, I spend a couple hours. I’ve narrowed it down to 9 names. What I need help to combo them, what fits with what sister…tweaking with the middle names as well. The names are:

Last name is [name]Owens[/name].

[name]Sister[/name] #1
[name]Carrie[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Deborah[/name] [name]Ann[/name]

[name]Sister[/name] #2
[name]Belinda[/name] [name]Marie[/name] n [name]Lindy[/name]
[name]Bonnie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Susan[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] nn [name]Susie[/name]

[name]Sister[/name] #3
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Dawn[/name] nn [name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Regina[/name]
[name]Brenda[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

I like:
[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Lindy[/name], [name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Carrie[/name], [name]Lindy[/name], [name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Lindy[/name], [name]Alice[/name]

#1- I like [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Ann[/name] the best.

#2- I like [name]Susan[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] the best.

#3- [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Dawn[/name], definatly.

I wrote [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Dawn[/name] into sister #3 and I really like it. So, it’s official; #3 is [name]Gwen[/name]. :slight_smile:

I may need a better middle name for [name]Susan[/name] if I am going to use it for sister #2. [name]Susan[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] pretty much have the same meaning. Maybe [name]Eliza[/name]?

I like the sound of [name]Susie[/name] better…but I like the meaning behind [name]Bonnie[/name] [name]Faye[/name]…it’s very fitting to sister #2.