Need help naming our daughter!

Our 2nd daughter is due in [name]August[/name], and I’m having the hardest time committing to a name! My husband likes the name [name]Alana[/name] (possibly [name]Jolie[/name] for MN), but I’m not sure if it will flow with her sibling’s names:

[name]Zachary[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Chandler[/name] [name]Keith[/name]
[name]Tahlia[/name] [name]Faith[/name].

Does [name]Alana[/name] flow or is it too similar to [name]Tahlia[/name] (both ending in -a, both with the -al sound)?
Also on the list: [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Avril[/name], and [name]Harper[/name]… though hubby likes [name]Alana[/name] best. I’d love some suggestions!

[name]Stephanie[/name]

I like:
[name]Alana[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]

What about:
[name]August[/name]
Kirrily
[name]Callista[/name]

[name]Tahlia[/name] and [name]Alana[/name] are a little close, but I think you could use them.

Other ideas:
[name]Amara[/name] (similar feel to [name]Alana[/name] but loses the -al, and a gorgeous meaning: “lovely forever”)
[name]Adina[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Anika[/name]
[name]Amaya[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Alana[/name], though I prefer the spelling with two n’s (but that’s just for sentimental reasons). Can’t say I like [name]Jolie[/name] as a middle name. It sounds like you’re trying to make it sound like [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]. [name]Alana[/name] [name]Harper[/name] is cute. Or maybe [name]Alana[/name] [name]Grace[/name] to echo big sister’s virtue middle name.

[name]Amara[/name] is very pretty. Hmm, the spelling [name]Alanna[/name] does look more feminine. [name]Love[/name] [name]Calista[/name], though I still can’t get past both the -a ending and the -al sound that would mimic [name]Tahlia[/name]'s name. I like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. I would have to agree on the [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name] similarity… not who I want people to think of when they hear her name.

[name]Alana[/name] [name]Jolie[/name] is lovely, but awfully similar to [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]. I also love your other choices.

I love [name]Alana[/name] with your other children’s names!

[name]Zachary[/name] and [name]Chandler[/name] are both rather strong names with a traditional feel, while [name]Tahlia[/name] is more contemporary.
I wouldn’t do another -a ending personally, but I would keep with something feminine to match your sibset.
What about [name]Ainsley[/name] or [name]Scarlett[/name]? I like the suggestion of [name]Aster[/name] ([name]Astrid[/name]) above as well.
I think an -e/-ie/-y ending would be good since they are feminine but wouldn’t clash with [name]Tahlia[/name].
[name]Sadie[/name]? [name]Kelsie[/name]? [name]Audrey[/name]/[name]Aubrey[/name]? [name]Darby[/name]/[name]Darcy[/name]? [name]Charity[/name]?

My name’s [name]Alana[/name], and I like the name tahlia and [name]Alana[/name] together, but if you think there to similar then what about [name]Elena[/name] or [name]Elana[/name] cause they sound similar :slight_smile:

[name]Alana[/name] is nice but I feel like it would be too close to [name]Tahlia[/name]. You could name her [name]Harper[/name] [name]Alana[/name] or I like the name [name]Eliza[/name].

I like [name]Alana[/name]. [name]Elaina[/name] would work too.

I love the name [name]Jolie[/name] as a first name.