Need help narrowing down a girl's name - POLL

See the results of this poll: trying to narrow down a girl’s name

Respondents: 20 (This poll is closed)

• Anissa James Gorman: 4 (20%)
  • Cadence Jaymes Gorman: 3 (15%)
  • Seneca Jaymes Gorman: 0 (0%)
  • Sienna James Gorman: 13 (65%)

[name]Hi[/name] I would like to say that I voted for [name]Cadence[/name], a song, I think it is very pretty.

I would definitely spell the mn as [name]James[/name] and then your daughter can use it as a surname if she so wishes, even a double barrelled surname.

If you want to preserve the feminine factor then why not change it to [name]Jaimie[/name]? However, you would need a first name ending in ‘a’ most likely eg [name]Serena[/name] [name]Jaimie[/name]

In regard to two of your choices

[name]Seneca[/name] is I think a kind of laxative and therefore I would give this name a wide berth.

[name]Serena[/name] would be a lovely alternative.

[name]Sienna[/name], as you know little children cannot pronounce things properly and I have heard a 2yr old [name]Sienna[/name] say that her name is SINNER! So, that would be a no go zone for me too.

I am not sure of [name]Anissa[/name], it sounds a bit like sniffer to me.

I love [name]Anne[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Alicia[/name], [name]Alyssa[/name], also [name]Anais[/name] but it is difficult for us to pronounce properly.

I also voted for [name]Cadence[/name]. I like [name]James[/name] spelled the original way without the “y”.
The nn [name]Cadie[/name] would be cute with [name]Cadence[/name].

My vote goes for sienna [name]James[/name], so pretty!

[name]Sienna[/name] is absolutely beautiful, and I much prefer the traditional spelling of [name]James[/name]. I think it is also the option which goes the best with your other children’s names.

I voted [name]Sienna[/name] [name]James[/name], 1: Because I like [name]James[/name] spelt the traditional way and 2: because I think [name]Sienna[/name] goes best with your daughter’s name. Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

[name]Cadence[/name] [name]James[/name]!

Regarding [name]Seneca[/name] - the laxative association refers to the herb senna, of which there is a brand Senekot (sp?). But definitely NOT [name]Seneca[/name]. So I really wouldn’t let that deter you.

That said, the main association, historically, would be the [name]Roman[/name] philosopher and playwright ([name]Male[/name]). While his philosophy is still mostly held in high regard, his political and personal entanglements make for an uneasy role model.

Going by sound alone, it’s a pretty name, and one that seems to lend itself more to girls than boys.