Need help narrowing down our list

So we are pregnant with our fourth. We have a [name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m].

If this is a girl, we have a big list:

1. [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
  3. [name_u]Adley[/name_u]
  4. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
  7. [name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
  8. [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

What do you like best? What fits best with the others? And do you have any middle name suggestions for your pick?

Thank you thank you!

My favorite is either [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. However, all of your older children’s names have a modern rather than vintage vibe, so something like [name_u]Adley[/name_u], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], or [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] might fit the style better.

Top pick over all: [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
Top pick that matches your other children: [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

My vote is [name_f]Tess[/name_f]…
2nd place [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], or [name_f]Clara[/name_f] would probably match best with your other children’s names. However I do like [name_f]Tess[/name_f], though I prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] seems a little old fashioned, and [name_u]Adley[/name_u] seems very incomplete. What about [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]? I think [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] would be perfect.

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_u]Adley[/name_u], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] are probably my favourite of the names. I don’t dislike any though!

[name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] & [name_m]Luke[/name_m] give me a little bit of a cool, country vibe so I guess my favourites with the set are:

[name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_u]Delaney[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_u]Delaney[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m] & [name_u]Adley[/name_u]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_u]Delaney[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m] & [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m], [name_u]Delaney[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m] & [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] with the set but I don’t like the repeating initial with [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] and it’s as good a reason as any to narrow the list down. I find [name_f]Claire[/name_f] a little plain. It’s not horrible but definitely my least favourite from the list. I like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], but not as much as the others and if I’d put it in the list above I would hardly have narrowed your list down at all ha, so I left it out. But I do think it works.

Good luck!

I think [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_u]Adley[/name_u] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] go best with your other kids names. [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] does not fit in that sibset, [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. But great options!

I think I’d go with [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_u]Adley[/name_u] or maybe [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. They have the vintage vibe without being too common.

[name_f]LOVE[/name_f]-
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_u]Adley[/name_u]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Love[/name_f]-Like:
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
Like:
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
Pheoebe

Thank you for your help so far!

It is funny because [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] are probably my favorites BUT i don’t they fit either which makes me sad. And like someone mentioned, I didn’t want to have any of the letters repeat like [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] with the J’s. Though we do call [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] mostly [name_u]Laney[/name_u] so in a way, we already have 2 L’s.

Oh and I do like [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]…but we like the nickname [name_f]Addy[/name_f] better than Haddy, which is why we put [name_u]Adley[/name_u] on the list instead of [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]. We are nickname kind of people, even when we don’t mean to be!

I like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] best

[name_u]Adley[/name_u] is adorable!

Favorites with your sibset:
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

Middle Suggestions:
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

This is your original list order:

1. [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
  3. [name_u]Adley[/name_u]
  4. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
  7. [name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
  8. [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

This is how I rank them, from best to worst with comments:

1. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] - A lovely, sweet, and pretty old-fashioned name that packs a lot of punch.
  2. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - A pretty-sounding name with a bit of spunky, offbeat, and vintage flair.
  3. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] - Honestly, I only ranked [name_f]Claire[/name_f] third because I liked it more than the others. Really I only like it okay as a name; it’s pretty trendy.
  4. [name_f]Tess[/name_f] - [name_f]Tess[/name_f] sounds like a name you would only give to a cow to me, but what do I know. Maybe try the prettier and more modern [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] instead.
  5. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - Only a bit easier to swallow than the others. I always confuse the spelling and write it as [name_f]Pheobe[/name_f], by the way.
  6. [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] - [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] sounds a bit old ladyish and mostly cowish like [name_f]Tess[/name_f] to me.
  7. [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] - While [name_u]Tatum[/name_u] may be exotic, it is exceedingly ugly.
  8. [name_u]Adley[/name_u] - I have never heard of this before but it sounds really massculine.

Thanks for all the feedback!

We are going to knock [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] off the list for now. I think we are knocking off [name_u]Adley[/name_u] as well. BUT we are adding [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

We have a hard time narrowing, can you tell :slight_smile: