Need help on a middle name for London or Londyn

We originally like [name]Kennedy[/name] [name]Jean[/name] but now like [name]London[/name] or [name]Londyn[/name]. We would love to keep [name]Jean[/name] (after my grandma) but think [name]London[/name] [name]Jean[/name] sounds like a brand of clothing or something.

Any helpful suggestions?

Thanks!

I’ll be honest, I vastly prefer [name]Kennedy[/name] [name]Jean[/name].

[name]London[/name] may be home to the houses of Parliament, Big [name]Ben[/name] etc etc, but it just makes me think of dirty Dickensian streets with poverty stricken orphans or more modern ghetto council estates. The problem with using cities as names is that there will be things about that city that are just NOT good associations. And of all the cities in the world, [name]London[/name] isn’t nearly the prettiest (I’m speaking as a proud [name]Brit[/name] as well btw)

I would keep the spelling of [name]London[/name] though. [name]Londyn[/name] looks a bit downmarket (using [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s word) and will cause spelling headaches.

I would avoid any middle name that is a word name to avoid it sounding like a brand or phrase i.e. [name]Grace[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Joy[/name], [name]Jade[/name], [name]Hope[/name] etc.
I also think an obviously feminine middle name is needed to make the gender obvious. I have seen [name]London[/name] used for boys.

I agree that the spelling of [name]Londyn[/name] with a y is not the way to go. It looks like you’re trying to combine too many trends into one name - unisex, place name, and the use of a y where it doesn’t go.

I think a short middle name would be good, but agree that [name]London[/name] [name]Jean[/name] sounds like a clothing brand. Maybe [name]Ann[/name] or [name]Rose[/name], something in that vein.

[name]London[/name] (no y):

[name]London[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]London[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] (you could call her [name]Lola[/name])
[name]London[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] (very popular, though)
[name]London[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

To add to my post above here are some more names you may like:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Holland[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

What about [name]London[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? I’d also suggest [name]Jeanette[/name], [name]Geneva[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name].

Here are a few different names (for first names) you may like:

[name]Emerson[/name]
Cassily
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Regan[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Sheridan[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Aislinn[/name]

[name]Edit[/name]: On second thought, forget [name]Geneva[/name] as a mn. [name]Just[/name] popped into my head that it’s another place name!

I don’t really have any suggestions, but yeah, [name]London[/name] [name]Jean[/name] seems kind of like a brand. I think [name]London[/name] would go well with a multi-syllabic middle name, and depending on your last name, how well it all sounds together, but [name]London[/name] Lastname is how she would be called most of the time. Also not [name]Bridget[/name], I’m kind of a wise-acre, it should go without saying.

[name]London[/name]/ one-syllable/ Lastname seems kind of dull here, I would definitely try to get something with at least 2 or 3 syllables. [name]Just[/name] seems better, for no particular reason, to me.