Need help on name

My name is [name]Douglas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]. I am having a son in [name]March[/name]. I am considering name him [name]Douglas[/name] buy I am worried that It’s not a common name anymore. I would hate for him to stand out in any way or be the only kid with that name. Does anyone know baby with the name. Any advice

I don’t know any babies named [name]Douglas[/name]. Although its popularity has been steadily declining, there are still several hundred little boys named [name]Douglas[/name] every year, and it’s a well-known name. I don’t think he would stand out in a negative way, but he would probably never have to be [name]Douglas[/name] S. or [name]Douglas[/name] M. either. Are you thinking of giving your son your middle name as well? If so, he could also go by DJ if you or he feels like [name]Douglas[/name] is too uncommon.

[name]Edit[/name]: There is another parent considering [name]Douglas[/name] on these boards, so it’s definitely still being used!

I really like [name]Douglas[/name] and I really love Scottish names but I don’t like children sharing their first [name]Christian[/name] name with their parent. I think that if you used [name]Douglas[/name] as a mn it would be fantastic, eg [name]Grant[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] sounds so handsome. I think this combo would always be a handsome combo whatever era it is used.

So, do you think that you would like a son named [name]Grant[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]?