Need help picking name for 4th daughter!

Hello everyone! So I am stuck on a name for our 4th coming in [name_u]August[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] other three daughters names are Navarra, [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] and [name_u]Dakota[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is obsessed with the name [name_u]Denali[/name_u] for our new baby girl and at first I immediately dismissed it, but the more I think about it I’m not certain it’s a definite no. I am stuck on the name ending in “a” since all our others do and I want them to all flow with each other. [name_u]Denali[/name_u] doesn’t sound horrible with them but I’m just not sure about it. I definitely love the name [name_u]Rae[/name_u] as a middle name so I am also trying to find a first name that sounds good with that. [name_f]My[/name_f] girls love the name [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] which I also like but I’m not sold on that either. We definitely prefer names that are not as common…and a bit more unique. It’s so difficult finding a name that my husband and I both like! :smirk: Any thoughts or suggestions would be so appreciated!! Thank you!

You seem to have a bit of a place name theme going on with [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] and [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] (never heard Navarra before), so maybe something like [name_f]Venetia[/name_f], [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] or [name_f]Odessa[/name_f]? I really like [name_f]Alaska[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] and [name_f]Odessa[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u].

2 Likes

Instead of [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], maybe [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] or [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]? I actually know a family with four girls named [name_u]Dakota[/name_u]. [name_f]Trinity[/name_f], [name_u]Remington[/name_u] ‘[name_u]Remi[/name_u]’, and [name_u]Sierra[/name_u].

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
Reya
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
Nepal
[name_u]Paris[/name_u]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Kiera[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronique[/name_f]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_u]Harley[/name_u]

1 Like

I definitely picked up on your place name theme! Your daughters have pretty names. I’m personally not a fan of [name_u]Denali[/name_u], I’m sorry. It could work if you love it though!

I really love the suggestion of [name_f]Alaska[/name_f], I think it fits in perfectly! [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is a great suggestion too.

Here are a few more:
[name_f]Alabama[/name_f]
[name_f]Alberta[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
[name_f]Andorra[/name_f]
[name_f]Arcadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Arizona[/name_f]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_u]Havana[/name_u]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_f]Iona[/name_f]
[name_u]Indiana[/name_u]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]/Juneau
[name_u]London[/name_u]
[name_f]Louisiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_u]Milan[/name_u]
[name_u]Montana[/name_u]
[name_u]Nevada[/name_u]
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_u]Raleigh[/name_u]
[name_f]Regina[/name_f]
[name_f]Sahara[/name_f]
[name_u]Salem[/name_u]
[name_f]Samara[/name_f]
[name_f]Selma[/name_f]
[name_f]Sicily[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonoma[/name_f]
[name_f]Tulsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f]

1 Like

Navarra ([name_m]Navarre[/name_m]) is a region in northern Spain. :wink:

I do like [name_f]Venetia[/name_f] and [name_f]Odessa[/name_f]…the problem is my husband doesn’t. :unamused:

I did think of [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] but that name seems a bit more common these days. I like [name_f]Reya [/name_f]too although that wouldn’t work with [name_u]Rae[/name_u] as a middle name. :wink:

1 Like

Wow that’s a great list, especially of place names! [name_u]Havana[/name_u] is very pretty! I like [name_f]Sahara[/name_f] also but it sounds too similar to Navarra for my liking.

1 Like

What about Smyrna? Ends with a strong a and is a place name!

Daneli is nice and Daneli Rae sounds good. I also like Sierra for you

I’ll suggest
Astoria
Romilly
Thessaly
Attica
Lydia
Ayana
Bali
Alaska
Asia
Ocean
Cali

Athena [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
Calabria [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Italia[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]

I haven’t seen it suggested yet so I will. I’m not a fan of [name_u]Denali[/name_u]. As you noted the A sound ending I feel makes all the difference. Plus honestly I keep thinking [name_u]Denali[/name_u] sounds like a type of money.

Anywho the name that instantly came to my mind is [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]. [name_m]Can[/name_m] be spelled with or w/o the H. And I think could go with [name_u]Rae[/name_u]

Edited to add saw some of your feedback and thought of Soraya. I have a friend that spells it Saraya but nameberry doesn’t list that option. Kinda sounds like Sahara but not so much a resemblance to your other daughters name.

1 Like

@ Alix2016 yes I have issues with [name_u]Denali[/name_u] especially since our last name starts with “De” and I am not a fan of how they sound together. We already have a daughter with a name starting with D (which my husband picked) so I would like something with a different first letter. It’s just hard to get him to consider anything else since he loves the name so much!

Love the name theme! Have you thought of
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisiana[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f]
[name_f]Iona[/name_f]
[name_f]Genoa[/name_f]
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Sierra[/name_u]!

@ Greyblue [name_f]Asia[/name_f] was a name I had considered and I do still like it! Thanks for reminding me. :wink:

Hmmm so without duplicating what I’ve seen suggested. Keeping it without repeating a sibling letter and having it mantain the A sound… and uncommon I’m afraid I don’t have much of a list but I’ll list it anyway just so you know these names exist! Good luck- I know all about trying to find things that meet all your criteria that both you and hubby like. It’s not easy! Congrats on the new little one!

Zariyah
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Raziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Oceana[/name_f]
[name_f]Xandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]

I love the theme behind your girls names! I actually really like [name_u]Denali[/name_u], but probably would only consider it as a middle name. [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] is beautiful too!
What about:
Lisboa
[name_f]Merida[/name_f]
[name_f]Delta[/name_f]
[name_u]Roma[/name_u]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dominica[/name_f]
[name_f]Elba[/name_f]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Florida[/name_f]
Genova
Catalonia
[name_f]Britania[/name_f]
Andalucia
[name_f]Nirvana[/name_f]
[name_f]Sicillia[/name_f]
[name_u]Kenya[/name_u]
[name_f]Sedona[/name_f]
[name_f]Ravenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessandria[/name_f]
[name_f]Evora[/name_f]
[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]
[name_f]Sevilla[/name_f]
Francia ([name_f]France[/name_f] in Spanish)
Veneza
[name_u]Persia[/name_u]
[name_f]Argentina[/name_f]
Murcia
Bologna
Catania
Lima
[name_f]China[/name_f]
Ottawa
Asturia (after Asturias)
Albania
Niagara
[name_u]Vega[/name_u] (after Las [name_f]Vegas[/name_f])
[name_f]Atlanta[/name_f]
[name_f]Zaria[/name_f]

Not ending in - a:
Munique
[name_u]Halle[/name_u]
[name_u]Abilene[/name_u]
Normandy
[name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_m]Nazareth[/name_m]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
Delhi
[name_f]Ireland[/name_f]
Marseille
[name_f]Capri[/name_f]

Saskia was the name that first came to mind, though not a place name.

Other name suggestions that are places:
[name_u]London[/name_u]
[name_u]Dallas[/name_u]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], vi, nia)
Topeka
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_u]Prairie[/name_u]
Orillia
[name_f]Arizona[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_u]Juneau[/name_u]

Hope this helps. Congratulations!

Romagna
[name_f]Umbria[/name_f]
Scilla
[name_f]Isola[/name_f]
Brera
[name_f]Salina[/name_f]
Rinella

First names that came to mind are Devonee
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]/Delaynah
[name_u]Senna[/name_u]/Sena

I second Samara

Austria
Adelaida

• Alaska
  • Haida (there are several places around the world with this name, past and present) --> pronounced Hide-ah --> similar to [name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
  • Kiana (city in [name_f]Alaska[/name_f])
  • Montana
  • Oceania
1 Like