Need help, running out of ideas...

Hello Berries,
Well I have posted on this subject once before, but because I kind of brought it up inside of another separate post I didnt get many ideas. I apologize in advance because I have a feeling this is going to be a longer post lol. My sons name is [name]Aidan[/name]. At the time we didnt know [name]Aidan[/name] was even popular and we chose it because we loved the meaning and I am Irish. Of course when he was about a month old we met three Aidans in one week! So needless to say we found out the hard way that [name]Aidan[/name] is mega popular and we would like to avoid that this time around. ( In my defense I had no idea about Nameberry!! lol perhaps it would have saved us and we would have used [name]Aidan[/name] in the middle spot! Although I still love my son’s name.) Anyways, my husband and I don’t have much trouble with boys names but we are really struggling with the girls. I would like to find something vintage that is girly and pretty sounding without being too trendy, and a pleasant meaning would be a bonus, but something that does not sound too “old lady”. No offense to anyone out there, but names like [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name], and [name]Lillian[/name] are not our style at all. We really love [name]Emily[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Scarlet[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], etc but are afraid those are all way too popular. We tend to like unisex names as well although I know many people are not a fan of those either, so we are unsure what to do. We don’t want to name our little girl something like [name]Emery[/name] and have people accuse her of having a boys name!That would be horrible for a little girl I think! Sooo, we would really love some suggestions that would fit this huge list of criteria! If anyone is up to this challenge we would be so grateful!!!

Elleana
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Lotta[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Alexa[/name]
Kirrily
Elliya
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Emilie[/name]

I see what you mean about liking popular names I realy like [name]Charlotte[/name]. I’ve tried to give you some suggestion but I’m not sure what you would like. Some of them are just variations of the ones you would like. Some are just random choices I put in. Good [name]Luck[/name] in finding a babyname.

I also thought of [name]Eliana[/name] - This spelling. You avoid the old-ladiness of [name]Eleanor[/name], but you get an untraditional way to an [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name] name.

Other options I thought of:
[name]Aria[/name] ([name]AH[/name]-ree-uh)
[name]Mila[/name] (MEE-luh)
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Amaya[/name]
[name]Alida[/name] (uh-lee-duh)
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Amira[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

From your list I like the following best [name]Aidan[/name] and don’t think they are super-popular: [name]Ariana[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Willa[/name], and [name]Audrey[/name]. I think [name]Ada[/name] and maybe even [name]Alida[/name] are a little too close to [name]Aiden[/name].

These are some wonderful suggestions. I really like [name]Mila[/name], [name]Emilia[/name], and of course I love [name]Emilie[/name] lol, I only wish it wasnt so so popular. And I absolutely adore [name]Eliana[/name], unfortunately my husbands eleven year old sister is named [name]Ellie[/name] so it would make using [name]Eliana[/name] difficult. And I was wondering if [name]Emilia[/name] is pronounced pretty much exactly like [name]Amelia[/name] or is it pronounced more like emma-leah? I was fairly sure it was more like [name]Amelia[/name]? I have been really irritated so to speak because I have an aunt named [name]Audrey[/name] so there goes that name as well as [name]Audra[/name], [name]Aubrey[/name] etc, a little sister in law named [name]Ellie[/name] wich pretty much takes [name]Elleri[/name], Elleni, [name]Eliana[/name](my favorite)and [name]Ella[/name] off the table , a sister named [name]Leah[/name] which ruins all names ending in [name]Leah[/name] that I love, I know a little [name]Emma[/name], a younger cousin named Sisely meaning my little girl can’t be [name]Cecily[/name]! Sheesh! I am having the most difficult time due to all variants of my favorite names beign impossible. But I will say that I do love [name]Emilie[/name], and I could possible like [name]Willa[/name] as well. So thanks for these suggstions and pleaseee keep em coming! Also do you think that [name]Olivia[/name] is way too popular?

I am happy you liked the suggestions. I really like [name]Mila[/name]. I say [name]Emilia[/name] a lot like [name]Amelia[/name] too. Here are some more ideas: I do think [name]Olivia[/name] is very popular. My niece’s name is [name]Livia[/name], I think that is a cute alternative. [name]Viola[/name] has some of the same letters and sounds as well, and [name]Violet[/name] sort of combines [name]Viola[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]. I think [name]Alina[/name] would be nice as well, or maybe something like [name]India[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Liva[/name] or [name]Luna[/name] on the slightly more excentric, but still pretty and feminine side.

[name]Mila[/name] is gorgeous, the only thing I would fear is everyone trying to say it as [name]Myla[/name]? I like [name]Myla[/name], just would hate for her to have to constantly correct everyone. I love [name]Violet[/name] but thought it might be too different from [name]Aidan[/name]…although maybe it isn’t… I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Livia[/name] though!!! It will grow with the child, it’s feminine and pretty, and just a bit different from [name]Olivia[/name]! I also like [name]Alivia[/name]…but not sure if I want two A names. What do you think of [name]Elysia[/name] or [name]Elisia[/name] or even [name]Elise[/name]? I just came across those two names and hadn’t thought of them. I know again it has the potential assumed similarity to [name]Ellie[/name], but at least [name]Ella[/name] isnt the only nn option there! And its different enough that no one can accuse me of name stealing or being unoriginal! lol

If you like [name]Eliana[/name], you can use the name (in part as a tribute to your young [name]SIL[/name] -or you can let her think so :slight_smile: ) but give her a different nn: [name]Lili[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Ana[/name], or [name]Lianna[/name] would work. She doesn’t have to be an [name]Ellie[/name]. This name is at the top of my list for a baby girl -my mother goes by “[name]Ellie[/name]” and this would be a way to honor her, while giving my baby a unique name. Or, you could combine her nn with her middle name, depending on what it is, to give her a unique nn.
Example: name her [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Joy[/name] nn Anajoy :slight_smile:

If you like [name]Mila[/name], perhaps the name [name]Milena[/name] would appeal to you. This is [name]Mila[/name] Kunis’s birth name and I think it sounds great with [name]Aidan[/name] as well as providing you with the opportunity to use [name]Mila[/name] as a nickname.

Thats an interesting thought I had never thought to use [name]Lili[/name] or something more like that as a nn. And I am sure she would love it if I told her it was in honor of her name lol she is 11 and we adore eachother :slight_smile: I like the thought also of combining it with her mn. Which would probably be [name]Rosalia[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]

• All unisex names that I find are more feminine. Plus, [name]Sloane[/name] and [name]Delaney[/name] are both Irish, so they have a tie to [name]Aidan[/name].
    [name]Ivy[/name]
    [name]Hazel[/name]
    [name]Phoebe[/name]
    [name]Beatrice[/name]
  • Girly, pretty vintage names that aren’t too common.

[name]Love[/name] the suggestions of [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Livia[/name], [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] as well.

I have an [name]Aidan[/name] also, and same happened to me. I still love his name though, just like you. I think [name]Violet[/name] would be fine in a set with [name]Aidan[/name], but I have to admit I loved [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Mila[/name] even better!

[name]Do[/name] you consider [name]Maeve[/name] old-ladyish? I think it’s vintage and romantic. I think it would go great in an Irish sibset.

What about [name]Eilish[/name]/[name]Eilis[/name]?

Well it seems so far that nearly everyone has suggested [name]Violet[/name] as a name that would go with [name]Aidan[/name] so as such it is going back on my list! And I also really like [name]Delaney[/name], and I would agree that it sounds feminine for being a unisex name. Thank you all so much for the suggestions I feel like I have some really great names to work with! I so appreciate it, after looking through hundreds of names I was starting to get a foggy brain and fuzzy vision! lol Out of the other suggestions I really like [name]Hazel[/name] as well, and [name]Mauve[/name] I am not too sure on…I will have to think that one over and say it out loud a few times hah. And I like [name]Eilish[/name], it’s very pretty and different . My only concern would be pronunciation issues but maybe it is more recognizable than I am thinking?