Need help with a middle name!

Ok, I am LOVING the name [name]Estelle[/name], nn [name]Elle[/name]. (Thanks for the feedback on that, berries!) Pretty sure I found my girl name, BUT I’m still unsure of what to use for her middle name. I was thinking [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Christine[/name] ([name]Christine[/name] is a variation of my own name), but I’m not sure I [name]LOVE[/name] that combo or [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Marie[/name], which flows well, but [name]Marie[/name] is super common (It’s also MY middle name!) and omg, it means “bitter”! So, any suggestions? I really like names with a French origin, but am not set on that. [name]Just[/name] looking for something that will sound nice with [name]Estelle[/name] that also has a nice meaning.

[name]Estelle[/name] nn [name]Elle[/name] is really cute! I love it. Is there anyone you would like to honor in your family? That might provide some options. Other ideas:

[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Nadia[/name] (means “hope”. Technically not French but I remember learning about [name]Nadia[/name] Boulanger, who was from [name]France[/name], who worked with the composer Berlioz, I think? I haven’t read about her in a while but the connection is nice and the meaning of [name]Nadia[/name] is lovely…)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]/[name]Aurore[/name] ([name]Aurore[/name] is the French version. It means “dawn”, which is why I plan on using it as a MN… it just symbolizes a new day and hope for the future to me)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Ayelet[/name] ([name]Ayelet[/name] is Hebrew, but it also means “dawn,” I believe)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] ([name]Lucy[/name] means “light”)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] (“grace/favor”–other nice [name]Anna[/name]/[name]Hannah[/name] names that could work with [name]Estelle[/name]–[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Anais[/name], [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Annika[/name]…)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] (pretty French name… “down-bearded youth” isn’t the best meaning, though, haha)

I actually think [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Maria[/name] is a lovely name (or even [name]Marie[/name], but [name]Maria[/name] is less filler)–my mn is [name]Marie[/name], and it certainly wasn’t a self-fulfilling prophecy for me–was it for you? Besides, [name]Marie[/name]/[name]Maria[/name]/[name]Mary[/name] has a great history and a lot of great namesakes to go with it, not to mention having the connection to you. :slight_smile: My mom is named after my grandma, and my aunt was named after my other grandmother, and I always thought it would have been nice to be named after my mom–it would have meant a lot to me! I think [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Maria[/name] or [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Marie[/name], nn [name]Elle[/name], would be really perfect, actually.

Good luck!

[name]Marie[/name] has several meanings in different languages. In French is means “bitter sea”. In Hebrew, it is a derivative of [name]Mary[/name], which means “wished-for child” and “rebellion” and “bitter”. In Latin, [name]Mary[/name] means “bitter”.

However, I’ll bet you that 99% of the people in this world don’t know what the name means. [name]Maria[/name] is one of the most common names in the world because it translates without much change into so many languages, and has a such a strong religious connection in many [name]Christian[/name] cultures. I wouldn’t turn down a beautiful name like [name]Mary[/name] right off the bat (or any of its other versions: [name]Mari[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Maria[/name], [name]Meri[/name]) because of a little-known meaning that holds little importance in modern culture.

That being said, other suggestions:
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (Hebrew: consecrated to God)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Ines[/name] (Originally from the Greek [name]Agnes[/name]: pure, chaste; Spanish variant: holy)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] (Latin: heavenly)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Therese[/name] (French: harvester; from the original Greek [name]Theresa[/name] (harvester) )
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] (Hebrew: Father’s joy)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (French: illustrious; from original Latin: bright, clear)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] (Latin: pure)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (French & Enlgish form of [name]Julia[/name]: from original Latin: youthful, downy)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Avery[/name] (form of English [name]Aubrey[/name]: noble ruler)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] (Hebrew: beautiful, gentle, pleasant)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] (English & Latin: lily flower)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Adriana[/name] (Greek: rich; Latin: dark)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] (Latin: dawn)

[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is lovely. i also like [name]Estelle[/name] Diae ( dy-ay) i think that’s beautiful!

• [name]Evelyn[/name]

I love it. [name]Estelle[/name] nn [name]Elle[/name] is very cute and pretty, glad you found ‘the name’. :wink:
Well, I always adore the french names, so what about:
[name]Estelle[/name] Aceline (little noble one)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Alayna[/name] (little rock)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Aurelie[/name] (golden)* that made a golden star, lol.
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Aveline[/name] (little eve)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Blanche[/name] (white)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (bright)* meaning the bright star
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Fleur[/name] (flower)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Marceline[/name] (of the sea)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Margaux[/name] (pearl)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Marie[/name]*
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Noemi[/name] (my delight)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Odette[/name] (wealthy one)
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] (wisdom)

And for your [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Christine[/name], I much prefer [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Christie[/name]/[name]Christy[/name].