Need help with a name for a pirate character!

Hello! This is my first post here. I need help with a name for a story character.

To make it brief, as I’m not comfortable with sharing too many details of a story idea I’m working on, he’s the quartermaster. A giant man who towers over everyone, but is a kind, gentle father figure to all of his crewmates. Honestly? I’d say he has the most manners out of everyone, haha. Despite looking far scarier due to his build and looks. (I’m writing historically inaccurate pirates, obviously).

Any names you enjoy that give that vibe?

For more context, when I told a family member about it, they compared that description to Hagrid from Harry Potter. I’m not even in the HP fandom anymore, but to those who are or just simply enjoy the concept of HP, hopefully that helps. :slight_smile:

Feel free to offer surnames as well, if you’d like to. Thank you!

EDIT: By the way, once I’ve picked a name I’m absolutely certain of, I’ll update this post and say so. Just so I won’t leave anyone hanging and wondering if I still need help.

Ideas:
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
Rowlett
[name_m]Prior[/name_m]
[name_m]Gambit[/name_m]
[name_m]Noakes[/name_m]
[name_m]Rohmer[/name_m]
[name_m]Dago[/name_m]
[name_u]Dagny[/name_u]
[name_m]Dacre[/name_m]
[name_m]Paladio[/name_m]
[name_m]Ilkin[/name_m]
[name_m]Ingram[/name_m]
Ramekin
[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]
[name_u]Ramsey[/name_u]
[name_m]Rosewood[/name_m]
[name_m]Roshard[/name_m]
[name_m]Rostam[/name_m]
[name_m]Baxter[/name_m]
Trago
[name_f]Tamar[/name_f] (Taymar)
[name_m]Hisham[/name_m]
Winward
Winson
[name_m]Wystan[/name_m]
[name_m]Warwick[/name_m]
[name_m]Webber[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilkes[/name_m]

:pirate_flag:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! Sorry, I accidentally deleted my earlier reply to you. Gonna quickly copy and paste it here. Again, I’m so sorry! I’m very new to this site and keep messing stuff up. :joy:

Thank you so much for the wonderful suggestions, @EdgeOfTheMeadow! Finding a name for this character has been draining, so any suggestions help a ton.

I’m already leaning towards Rowlett, [name_m]Rohmer[/name_m], [name_m]Roshard[/name_m], Ramekin, [name_m]Paladio[/name_m], [name_f]Tamar[/name_f], [name_m]Wystan[/name_m], [name_m]Warwick[/name_m] and Winward from your list! :revolving_hearts: :pirate_flag:

But now that time’s past, I’ve actually decided on the name Winward. I’d edit it in my original post, but reached the limit of edits. Didn’t even know there was a limit!

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me find a name for this character!

1 Like

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], no worries at all! It’s good to find your way around and discover things like maximum numbers of edits! I joined the forums 2.5 years ago and idk how many edits can be made!! That stuff is useful to know!
I’m really happy that Winward feels right for your character! Good luck with the story :blush:

1 Like

[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Ames[/name_m]
[name_m]Giles[/name_m]
[name_m]Terrence[/name_m]

1 Like