Need help with baby #2

I just found Nameberry today via a google search on names and I am go glad I did, as we are at a loss right now. I feel like my husband and I have looked at so many names, and need fresh eyes on our list. (We have a strict policy of not telling any of our friends and family the name until after the birth)

Our first son’s name is [name]Jude[/name] [name]David[/name], which came to us pretty easily. Although I was adamant at first that our child would not have a “J” name (my name is [name]January[/name] but I got by [name]Jannie[/name] most of the time, and my husband is [name]Jonah[/name]) we both just really fell in love with it. And we picked [name]David[/name] because it’s both my father’s and his father’s name, as well as my husband’s middle name, so it was kind of a no brainer.

We are not finding out the sex. Also, what is your stance on nicknames versus full names. [name]Freddie[/name] is my absolute favorite of all of our boy names, and I love how [name]Freddie[/name] [name]John[/name] ([name]John[/name] is my brother, I know I know, but I promise my two other siblings don’t have J names!) sounds, and can always be shortened to the more formal [name]Fred[/name]. Or is [name]Frederick[/name] the way to go? We also hate surnames as first and middles. My middle name is [name]Anders[/name] (my grandmother’s maiden name) and I always hated it.

Boy first names we like:

[name]Freddie[/name] (maybe [name]Frederick[/name]?)
[name]Alfie[/name] (the husband likes it, but I still need convincing)
[name]Graham[/name] or [name]Graeme[/name] (we would say it [name]Gray[/name]-um)
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] (may be too popular)
[name]Alistair[/name](no good nicknames, and it’s kind of a mouthfull)
[name]Emmett[/name] (Twilight. Damn you, [name]Meyer[/name].)
[name]Ezra[/name] (don’t want people to think we’re going for some religious theme, as [name]Jude[/name] is derived from [name]Judah[/name] historically)
[name]Rufus[/name] (not sure)
[name]Mungo[/name] (I know it’s wacky, but there’s something about it I really like!)
Phinneaus (husband doesn’t like it that much. would be called Phin)

Boy middles

we want to keep a theme and give very classic middles.

[name]John[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]George[/name]

Girl names:

[name]Eliza[/name] (or [name]Elizabeth[/name]? but we hate [name]Elizabeth[/name])
[name]Hattie[/name] ([name]Harriet[/name]?)
[name]Lucy[/name] (my favorite, along with [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Florence[/name] (shortened to [name]Flora[/name])
[name]Imogen[/name] (his favorite)
[name]Clementine[/name] ([name]Clem[/name], [name]Clemmie[/name]?)
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Evie[/name] (my favorite, along with [name]Lucy[/name])

Girl middles:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]

We are also open to suggestions not on the list. Thank you!

[name]Hi[/name]! Here are my favorites:

[name]Freddie[/name] (maybe [name]Frederick[/name]?)–Definitely [name]Frederick[/name], with the nn [name]Freddie[/name]!
[name]Graham[/name] or [name]Graeme[/name] (we would say it [name]Gray[/name]-um)–I like [name]Graeme[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] (may be too popular)–I don’t think this is too popular!
[name]Ezra[/name] (don’t want people to think we’re going for some religious theme, as [name]Jude[/name] is derived from [name]Judah[/name] historically)–I like this with [name]Jude[/name]!
Phinneaus (husband doesn’t like it that much. would be called Phin)–Or you could go with [name]Finley[/name], nn. [name]Finn[/name]!
Boy middles–I like all of your mn choices.
:slight_smile: [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Henry[/name] would be so handsome! :slight_smile:

Girl names:
[name]Eliza[/name] (or [name]Elizabeth[/name]? but we hate [name]Elizabeth[/name])–I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]!
[name]Lucy[/name] –Cute!
[name]Evie[/name] –this is too much of a nickname. [name]How[/name] about [name]Evangeline[/name], nn [name]Evie[/name]?
Girl middles–I like all of the mn’s you listed, especially [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name].
:smiley: [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] would be my favorite! :smiley:

Hey there! You have a great list of names to work with, i’m sure you will get the help you need from here!

BOYS

• absolutely love [name]Freddie[/name] with [name]Jude[/name]. However, i would have a tendency to put [name]Frederick[/name] on the birth certificate.
  • you say your huusband likes [name]Alfie[/name], and you love [name]Freddie[/name] right? Well then [name]Alfred[/name] might be the perfect name for you. He can use [name]Alfie[/name], you can use [name]Freddie[/name] and it all makes sense!
  • not a fun of [name]Graham[/name]/[name]Graeme[/name] unless his nickname would be [name]Gray[/name].
  • I can rally see [name]Jude[/name] with [name]Henry[/name], [name]Ezra[/name] and Phin, but definitely not [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Alistair[/name], [name]Emmett[/name] or [name]Mungo[/name].
  • [name]Rufus[/name] is an interesting choice. [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Rufus[/name]. I can see it working, but [name]Alfred[/name] or [name]Frederick[/name] seems better in my opinion.

combos:
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Henry[/name] OR
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Ezra[/name]

[name]Alfred[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name] [name]Johnathan[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name] [name]Henry[/name] OR
[name]Alfred[/name] [name]Edison[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name] [name]Rufus[/name]

with favorites being [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Rufus[/name], and [name]Alfred[/name] [name]William[/name]

GIRLS

• i wouldn’t use [name]Eliza[/name] if you hated [name]Elizabeth[/name] - they are practically the same name.
  • love [name]Harriet[/name] nn [name]Hattie[/name]. [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Hattie[/name] are really cute together.
  • [name]Lucy[/name] is AMAZING with [name]Jude[/name]. I like that they both have 4 letters.
  • I wouldn’t use [name]Florence[/name] if she was going to be called [name]Flora[/name] since [name]Flora[/name] is a name in itself, and if that’s what you like best then she should just be Fora! [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] is really sweet. Perfect together.
  • [name]Imogen[/name]! Oh! [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Jude[/name] & [name]Immy[/name], how stunning!
  • [name]Clemmie[/name] and [name]Clem[/name] remind me of Clammy and Clam, so if you go with [name]Clementine[/name] please don’t use those nicknames! [name]How[/name] about [name]Emme[/name] or [name]Tiny[/name] as alternative nicknames?
  • love [name]Rosemary[/name] purely for the nickname [name]Romy[/name]. [name]Romy[/name] could also come from [name]Ramona[/name]. [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] sound great together too!
  • If you were going to use [name]Evie[/name], i would give her the name [name]Evelyn[/name] or [name]Eva[/name] or [name]Eve[/name] with the nn [name]Evie[/name]. I actually am really liking [name]Eve[/name] lately, - it seems really fresh sounding. Not sure if im a fan of [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Eve[/name] together though (or [name]Eva[/name] or [name]Evelyn[/name] or [name]Evie[/name]). For some reason it gives me a real [name]Christmas[/name] like pair - don’t know why im getting that feeling.

You have so many great names for girls it will be hard to pick. For me i think it would be in between [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name].

combos:
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Bea[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] (or [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] - [name]Daisy[/name] is a common nn for [name]Margaret[/name])
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

with favorites being: [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Flora[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Daisy[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] this helps! Let me know what you think!

I love [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] together!
There are identical twin boys down the road named [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Jude[/name], and I have always loved the combination!

You have a great list of names! I love [name]Frederick[/name] with the nn [name]Freddie[/name]. I do like [name]Graham[/name], but you would end up with it being mispronounced a lot ([name]Gram[/name] vs [name]Gray[/name]-um)
[name]Henry[/name] is really popular around here, but it may not be in your area
[name]Ezra[/name] is my favorite!
I like [name]Finn[/name] a lot, as a nn for Phinneaus or [name]Finley[/name]

All the middles are great, I am not sure which one to suggest.

For girls, I do like [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] a lot, but I have always had trouble picturing the name [name]Lucy[/name] on an adult. Have you considered [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Cecily[/name] as a first name rather than a middle? Those are my favorites on your list. I love [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]!

I forgot to add that I adore the name [name]Imogen[/name]! I must have read through the list too fast and missed it the first time. It is a great name for all ages (baby,child,teen,adult) and sounds adorable with [name]Jude[/name], too.

Boy names:

[name]Freddie[/name] (maybe [name]Frederick[/name]?): Yup, [name]Frederick[/name].
[name]Alfie[/name] (the husband likes it, but I still need convincing): Not liking this one.
[name]Graham[/name] or [name]Graeme[/name] (we would say it [name]Gray[/name]-um): [name]Love[/name] [name]Graham[/name].
[name]Arthur[/name]: This isn’t bad but I prefer [name]Archer[/name], kinda the same?
[name]Henry[/name] (may be too popular): [name]Love[/name] [name]Henry[/name].
[name]Alistair[/name](no good nicknames, and it’s kind of a mouthfull): I agree.
[name]Emmett[/name] (Twilight. Damn you, [name]Meyer[/name].): [name]Love[/name] [name]Emmett[/name], forget Twilight.
[name]Ezra[/name] (don’t want people to think we’re going for some religious theme, as [name]Jude[/name] is derived from [name]Judah[/name] historically): [name]Love[/name] with [name]Jude[/name] and love [name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name] (not sure): I actually really like this for a dog.
[name]Mungo[/name] (I know it’s wacky, but there’s something about it I really like!): See above.
Phinneaus (husband doesn’t like it that much. would be called Phin): I like.

Favorites
[name]Ezra[/name] [name]George[/name]/[name]John[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Edward[/name]/[name]William[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]William[/name]/ [name]George[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]William[/name]/[name]George[/name]

Girl names:

[name]Eliza[/name] (or [name]Elizabeth[/name]? but we hate [name]Elizabeth[/name]): If you hate [name]Elizabeth[/name], def. [name]Eliza[/name]: Pretty.
[name]Hattie[/name] ([name]Harriet[/name]?): [name]Hattie[/name], only reason why I like [name]Harriet[/name].
[name]Lucy[/name] (my favorite, along with [name]Evie[/name]): Cute.
[name]Florence[/name] (shortened to [name]Flora[/name]): One of my fave. names.
[name]Imogen[/name] (his favorite): Not my favorite.
[name]Clementine[/name] ([name]Clem[/name], [name]Clemmie[/name]?): [name]Love[/name] this.
[name]Rosemary[/name]: Pretty.
[name]Evie[/name] (my favorite, along with [name]Lucy[/name]): Ok

Favorites
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Florence[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

I love the name [name]Jude[/name].

For boys:
[name]Freddie[/name] (maybe [name]Frederick[/name]?)- Yes, go with [name]Frederick[/name]. I love this one.
[name]Alfie[/name] (the husband likes it, but I still need convincing)- I woud probably use a more formal fn, but if [name]Alfred[/name] isnt your style what about [name]Archer[/name] “[name]Archie[/name]”. Or is that to surnamey?
[name]Graham[/name] or [name]Graeme[/name] (we would say it [name]Gray[/name]-um)- Im not sure how [name]Graeme[/name] is prn but I prn [name]Graham[/name] like [name]GRAM[/name].
[name]Arthur[/name]- [name]Lovely[/name] choice with brother [name]Jude[/name].
[name]Henry[/name] (may be too popular)- It is popular but still a lovely name.
[name]Alistair[/name](no good nicknames, and it’s kind of a mouthfull)- [name]Alec[/name]? I dont know if that is a bit of stretch for you.
[name]Emmett[/name] (Twilight. Damn you, [name]Meyer[/name].)- I still love [name]Emmett[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] together, if you can get over the twilight thing.
[name]Ezra[/name] (don’t want people to think we’re going for some religious theme, as [name]Jude[/name] is derived from [name]Judah[/name] historically)- [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Ezra[/name] sound a little biblical themed to me, but I still really like the name together.
[name]Rufus[/name] (not sure)- Eh, I really just think of dogs when I hear this one.
[name]Mungo[/name] (I know it’s wacky, but there’s something about it I really like!)- This is a little to wacky for my taste, especially with a brother name [name]Jude[/name].
Phinneaus (husband doesn’t like it that much. would be called Phin)- Hmm what about [name]Finian[/name] or [name]Fintan[/name]?

My favorites with [name]Jude[/name] are [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Emmett[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name].
Combos:
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]John[/name]

Girl names:

[name]Eliza[/name] (or [name]Elizabeth[/name]? but we hate [name]Elizabeth[/name])- If you hate [name]Elizabeth[/name] then I wouldnt use it! [name]Eliza[/name] is a name on its own, it doesnt need to be short for anything. I love this one with [name]Jude[/name] btw.
[name]Hattie[/name] ([name]Harriet[/name]?)- Adorable nn.
[name]Lucy[/name] (my favorite, along with [name]Evie[/name])- [name]Lucy[/name] is adorable, you would have the repeating u sounds in both [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name], does that bother you?
[name]Florence[/name] (shortened to [name]Flora[/name])- I dont like [name]Flora[/name] at all (make me think of normal flora aka bacteria).
[name]Imogen[/name] (his favorite)- I dont get the appeal of this name, but maybe I’m saying it wrong…It just sound kinda harsh to me.
[name]Clementine[/name] ([name]Clem[/name], [name]Clemmie[/name]?)- Too much more my taste, but it seems to be popular here.
[name]Rosemary[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one. I would see [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] together.
[name]Evie[/name] (my favorite, along with [name]Lucy[/name])- Cute, but what just [name]Eve[/name] “[name]Evie[/name]”? I think [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Eve[/name] would be a awesome combo.

My favorites are [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], and [name]Lucy[/name].
Combos:
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]- so sweet
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Eve[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions!

We have narrowed it down to:

[name]Frederick[/name], nickname [name]Freddie[/name] (we both agreed the full name would look more classic)
[name]Alfred[/name], nickname [name]Alfie[/name] (I don’t think I would ever name my child [name]Alfred[/name] and call him [name]Freddie[/name]. I prefer [name]Frederick[/name] for [name]Freddie[/name] and [name]Alfie[/name] for [name]Alfred[/name].)
[name]Graeme[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] (just added this one)

[name]Lucy[/name]-no full name, just [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Evangeline[/name], nickname [name]Evie[/name].
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name] (this is new too)

Our front runners right now are [name]Freddie[/name] and [name]Alfie[/name] for a boy and [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] for a girl. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] can be sisters? I love them both so much and don’t want to “lose” one!

Combinations we are thinking of:

[name]Frederick[/name] [name]John[/name] “[name]Freddie[/name]”
[name]Alfred[/name] [name]John[/name] “[name]Alfie[/name]”
[name]Graeme[/name] [name]Edward[/name] “[name]Gray[/name]”
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]-If we used this it would spell out my best friend’s initials (we met in kindergarten so it’s been a while), which is a fun way to honor her, plus [name]Margaret[/name] means [name]Pearl[/name], which is my great-grandmother’s middle name and my sister’s first name.

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Alice[/name] (doesn’t sound right to me…middle names for [name]Evangeline[/name] are hard! I can see why [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lilly[/name]'s parents put it in the middle.) “[name]Evie[/name]”

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]

[name]Coraline[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] “[name]Cora[/name]” (worried about this getting shortened to [name]Cory[/name] though. Gross)

What do you think?

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions!

We have narrowed it down to:

[name]Frederick[/name], nickname [name]Freddie[/name] (we both agreed the full name would look more classic)
[name]Alfred[/name], nickname [name]Alfie[/name] (I don’t think I would ever name my child [name]Alfred[/name] and call him [name]Freddie[/name]. I prefer [name]Frederick[/name] for [name]Freddie[/name] and [name]Alfie[/name] for [name]Alfred[/name].)
[name]Graeme[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] (just added this one)

[name]Lucy[/name]-no full name, just [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Evangeline[/name], nickname [name]Evie[/name].
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name] (this is new too)

Our front runners right now are [name]Freddie[/name] and [name]Alfie[/name] for a boy and [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] for a girl. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] can be sisters? I love them both so much and don’t want to “lose” one!

Combinations we are thinking of:

[name]Frederick[/name] [name]John[/name] “[name]Freddie[/name]”
[name]Alfred[/name] [name]John[/name] “[name]Alfie[/name]”
[name]Graeme[/name] [name]Edward[/name] “[name]Gray[/name]”
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]-If we used this it would spell out my best friend’s initials (we met in kindergarten so it’s been a while), which is a fun way to honor her, plus [name]Margaret[/name] means [name]Pearl[/name], which is my great-grandmother’s middle name and my sister’s first name.

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Alice[/name] (doesn’t sound right to me…middle names for [name]Evangeline[/name] are hard! I can see why [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lilly[/name]'s parents put it in the middle.) “[name]Evie[/name]”

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]

[name]Coraline[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] “[name]Cora[/name]” (worried about this getting shortened to [name]Cory[/name] though. Gross)

What do you think?

I love [name]Frederick[/name] [name]John[/name]/[name]William[/name], very handsome.

[name]Lucy[/name]'s very sweet I love it with [name]Coraline[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Coraline[/name]? I also like [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] though.

Personally my favourites are [name]Frederick[/name], nickname [name]Freddie[/name] or [name]Milo[/name] AND [name]Lucy[/name] or [name]Imogen[/name] for girl.

I think [name]Freddie[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] go best with [name]Jude[/name]!

Awesome names!