Need help with baby #4!

Hello Berries!

I’m pregnant with baby number 4! It’s a beautiful boy! I’m looking for names that go with my other 3 children. Their names are

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]” (boy)

[name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] “[name_u]Bernie[/name_u]” (girl)

[name_u]Finnley[/name_u] “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]” (girl)

Some names hubby and I are currently considering:

[name_u]Salem[/name_u] - our favorite, but I don’t like that it doesn’t have a nickname like my other kids’s names :confused:

[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]

[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

[name_u]Asher[/name_u]/Ashton

[name_u]Lincoln[/name_u]

[name_u]Maddox[/name_u]

[name_u]August[/name_u]

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Congratulations!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u]. I think stylistically they bridge your other childrens’ names very well, because they are strong names like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] but also a bit on the trendy side like [name_u]Finnley[/name_u] (I love [name_u]Finn[/name_u] on a girl!)
On the other hand, I do also like [name_u]Salem[/name_u]. It has nicknames! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_u]Sal[/name_u], I think it sounds super cool on a boy. But [name_f]Em[/name_f] is another option. [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_u]Sammy[/name_u] too.

2 Likes

Sal could work as a nn for [name_u]Salem[/name_u].

1 Like

Congratulations!

Salem ~ it’s a handsome choice with a strong yet peaceful sound. I like the nickname [name_u]Sal[/name_u]. But I do think [name_u]Salem[/name_u] stylistically clashes with your children’s names. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] & [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] are classic western choices whereas [name_u]Finnley[/name_u] feels trendy on a girl. [name_u]Salem[/name_u] has a distinctive Arabic sound.

Beckett ~ I do like this name it’s handsome but I’m not a massive fan of siblings sharing initials also [name_u]Beck[/name_u] & [name_u]Bernie[/name_u] sound almost brandish together.

Wesley ~ I think this name feels in similar keeping too [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] & [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] yet shares that ley ending of [name_u]Finnley[/name_u] so works well with her too. I would keep [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] as a contender.

Asher/Ashton ~ both names are lovely but I do prefer [name_u]Asher[/name_u] it has a strong biblical sound a positive meaning and I think [name_u]Asher[/name_u] sounds great with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] & [name_u]Finnley[/name_u].

Lincoln ~ my favourite on your list for your sibling set. [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] is strong, fresh and handsome. Has a great distinguished sound and I think he has the right level of classic with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] & [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] yet feels fashionable so works with [name_u]Finnley[/name_u]. I really like [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] for you guys!

Maddox ~ I like this one but I think [name_u]Maddox[/name_u] feels to trendy with [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f].

August ~ I like [name_u]August[/name_u] it’s a fresh summery choice that feels classic yet works with your sibling names due to feeling very vogue. I also think [name_u]Gus[/name_u] is cute.

My favourite is [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] followed by [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] & [name_u]Asher[/name_u].

1 Like

Asher and [name_u]August[/name_u] sound great!!

Some that came to mind

Weston ‘[name_u]West[/name_u]’
[name_u]Callahan[/name_u] ‘[name_u]Cal[/name_u]’
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Nate[/name_m]’
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] ‘[name_m]Stan[/name_m]’

1 Like

Definitely [name_u]August[/name_u]. It goes so well with your kids’ names and [name_m]Augie[/name_m] is brilliant with [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], [name_u]Bernie[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] ([name_u]Gus[/name_u] would also work really well).

Asher fits in well too.

Some thoughts on nn’s for [name_u]Salem[/name_u], as it’s otherwise your favourite - Sale, Saley, and perhaps depending on how it will be pronounced - Lam/Lamb, Lammy, [name_m]Lem[/name_m] or [name_m]Lemmy[/name_m].
I think [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] also goes with your other children’s names and has a similar sound to [name_u]Salem[/name_u] so I just thought I’d throw that in there!
Congratulations on your 4th baby :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Beckett and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] go the best with the sibset. I love love love [name_m]Wes[/name_m] as a NN
Congratulations!

1 Like

I love your kids names and I just adore [name_u]August[/name_u] with them. I’m just swooning!
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f], [name_u]Finnley[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Teddy[/name_u], [name_u]Bernie[/name_u], [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] / [name_u]Gus[/name_u]

I don’t love the name [name_u]Salem[/name_u] as I don’t think it fits the style of your other kids names however if you love it I think you should go with it. I do think that there are nicknames for [name_u]Salem[/name_u] and these come to mind
[name_u]Sal[/name_u]
Sale
[name_u]Sam[/name_u]
[name_u]Sammy[/name_u]
[name_m]Lemmie[/name_m]/ [name_m]Lem[/name_m]
[name_m]Al[/name_m]
Ale
[name_u]Mel[/name_u]

I do think [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Salem[/name_u] is a sweet pairing !

2 Likes

Salem could have the nn [name_u]Sal[/name_u], [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_m]Al[/name_m], [name_u]Ali[/name_u], [name_m]Lem[/name_m]. [name_u]Sam[/name_u] is my favorite :smiley:

1 Like

I think [name_u]Salem[/name_u] is a lovely name - the lack of a nickname shouldn’t put you off I think as you could always derive one from the middle name or choose one that relates to the baby’s personality.

Personally For your set I feel like [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] go perfectly with your current sibset, and would grow with your baby boy as he gets older.

1 Like

Morrigan NN Mory
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] NN [name_u]Ali[/name_u]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] NN [name_m]Brody[/name_m]

I also love [name_u]Salem[/name_u], maybe for a nickname you could use [name_u]Sal[/name_u]

Wesley and [name_u]Asher[/name_u] are my favorite boys names EVER, so of course, I love them. I do think they go quite well with your other kid’s names. [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] is my favorite. It’s a classic, not too common, and has a great nickname.

Wesley, [name_u]Beckett[/name_u], [name_u]Salem[/name_u], and [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] work best with your children. If you want the names to be different go with [name_u]Salem[/name_u] or [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u]. [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] and [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] share a “B.” [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] and [name_u]Finnley[/name_u] share the “-ley” sound.

Nicknames for [name_u]Salem[/name_u]: [name_u]Sal[/name_u], [name_m]Lem[/name_m], Lemony, [name_m]Lemmie[/name_m], [name_m]Al[/name_m].

Salem nn [name_u]Sal[/name_u] is cool!
[name_u]August[/name_u] is my favourite tho! [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] or [name_u]Gus[/name_u]

I also want to suggest [name_u]Auden[/name_u] nn [name_u]Audie[/name_u]

I like either [name_u]August[/name_u] NN [name_u]Gus[/name_u] or [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] NN [name_u]Beck[/name_u]. I especially like [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] with your other children’s names :slight_smile:

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts on the list:

Salem-It’s not my personal cup of tea, but it’s interesting & I can see the appeal. I think that [name_u]Sal[/name_u] or [name_u]Sam[/name_u] would be totally cute nns.

Beckett-I kind of like that it has a fun cowboy feel more than I actually like saying it. And it may be a little close to [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f], but the nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is darling & works great w/your crew.

Wesley-This is handsome & works well. Well known but not too over done. The nn [name_m]Wes[/name_m] is very nice.

Asher/Ashton-I like [name_u]Asher[/name_u] way more than [name_u]Ashton[/name_u]. It seems way more old fashioned whereas [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] seems a little trendy/made-up. And the nn [name_u]Ash[/name_u] is perfect w/your crew as well.

Lincoln-It’s okay. Not my favorite, but nothing wrong w/it.

Maddox-I don’t care for it that much. I just hear the ‘mad’ part. But I love the nn [name_u]Max[/name_u].

August-This is my favorite. So handsome. The nns [name_m]Augie[/name_m], [name_m]Ace[/name_m] or [name_u]Gus[/name_u] are adorable too.

A few others that you may like:

Basil

Bastian

Caspar

Dashiell

Dexter

Gibson

Harrison

Jameson

Malcolm

Rafferty

Sullivan

Wilder

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Perhaps [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] or [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] if you’re not sold on [name_u]August[/name_u]?

Remington and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] also come to mind!

Lincoln and [name_u]August[/name_u] are my favorites.

Unfortunately [name_u]Salem[/name_u] seems to give me a different vibe than your other kids. Maybe [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] nn [name_u]Sal[/name_u], or [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] nn [name_u]Sol[/name_u]?

What about [name_u]Sully[/name_u] as a nn for [name_u]Salem[/name_u]? Though the word sully with the [name_u]Salem[/name_u] Witch Trials might not be a good connection.

Of the names you listed my favorites are [name_u]August[/name_u] ([name_u]Gus[/name_u]) and [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u] ([name_m]Linc[/name_m]).