Need help with feminine french type name - due soon!

I am due in less than 4 weeks and we don’t know the sex of the baby - but I’m feeling like this one is a girl. Siblings are [name]Coen[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Vaughn[/name] [name]Sebastien[/name].

I have a list, but just not sure of any one name. We aren’t telling friends/family members our names to avoid the opinions so I’m missing out on getting confirmation as to whether anything sounds good or bad. We like names that are different without being too strange and far as a girl is concerned, we’d like something girly and feminine (tend to lean towards the french names). We are also trying to avoid duplicating letters for first names (i.e. no C, V, L or D) - the L and D are for my husband and I. Open to new suggestions as well. I’d just like to stop stressing over this in my last few weeks - thanks!!

Here is the tentative list:

Esmee [name]Genevieve[/name]
Esmee [name]Solene[/name]
Esmee [name]Fleur[/name]
Esmee [name]Solange[/name]

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Solene[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Solange[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Sabine[/name]

[name]Ines[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Solange[/name]

[name]Everly[/name] [name]Ynes[/name]

[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Ynes[/name]

[name]Flora[/name] [name]Ines[/name]

[name]Nola[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

I like esmee [name]Genevieve[/name]! Some other suggestions for French names would be the “ette” names. My favorites are [name]Suzette[/name], [name]Claudette[/name], [name]Colette[/name], and [name]Nicolette[/name]. :slight_smile:

From your list, I like Esmee [name]Genevieve[/name]/Esmee [name]Fleur[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]. I think shorter names like Esmee and [name]Iris[/name] would go well with [name]Coen[/name] and [name]Vaughn[/name]. I prefer [name]Esme[/name] spelled with only one “e” at the end but two e’s are acceptable too! Here are some other French name suggestions. Good luck, [name]Mischa[/name].
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Aimee[/name]
[name]Avril[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Gisele[/name] / [name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Aude[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
Regine
[name]Maelys[/name]
[name]Marthe[/name]
[name]Anais[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Jacinthe[/name]
[name]Sandrine[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Pascale[/name]
[name]Odile[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]

Esmee [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] are my vote!

[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is my favorite from your list.

Also consider these feminine French names:
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Lucette[/name]
[name]Felice[/name]
Mirette
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Marceline[/name]

[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], Esmee [name]Genevieve[/name], and Esmee [name]Fleur[/name] are my favorites! I love all three, and [name]Sylvie[/name] and Esmee are just so sweet. I love them with [name]Coen[/name] and [name]Vaughn[/name]!

My first idea for a French name is [name]Arianne[/name]–I just heard someone mention it a little while ago, and as popular as [name]Ariana[/name] and [name]Arianna[/name] are, [name]Arianne[/name] just seems to stay in the shadows. It’s my second favorite girls’ name, so I obviously love it, but I think it goes great with [name]Coen[/name] and [name]Vaughn[/name], too. Other ideas I had include [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Arielle[/name], and [name]Emilie[/name]. It’s not really French at all, but the idea of [name]Magdalena[/name]/[name]Magda[/name]/[name]Magdalen[/name] keep coming back to me, too…

Good luck!

I love Iris Genevieve and Sylvie Ynes!!

Suggestion

Nina Solange
Eloise Fleur

Adding a couple ideas: [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Cosette[/name] and [name]Ines[/name] [name]Aurelie[/name]. Drooooool.

[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Ines[/name] [name]Solange[/name] are drawing my attention. I’m not a personal fan of [name]Ines[/name] but with [name]Solange[/name], which has such a great sound, it works well. My favorite French name, though, is [name]Delphine[/name]!

Brothers [name]Coen[/name] and [name]Vaughn[/name] and you want a French style girl’s name.

I think that the boys names are edgy and handsome so I can’t find a good fit with [name]Esme[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Nola[/name], [name]Flora[/name] or [name]Inez[/name] which imo don’t fit the mould.

I would definitely put [name]Genevieve[/name] in the middle spot, she is gorgeous and oh so pretty but my feeling is that a short name would be a better fit in first spot.

I do however feel that [name]Fleur[/name] is a very good fit. [name]Fleur[/name], [name]Vaughn[/name] and [name]Coen[/name] are all short names and I woud say this is a lovely sibset with the French connection.

[name]Sylvie[/name] is another good fit and [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Vaughn[/name] and [name]Coen[/name] are a good sibset and while there is the French connection there is also a strong English one too that makes it a good fit with the boy’s names.

[name]Sabine[/name] is also a pretty option and will be pronounced in English speaking countries as Sah been whereas in [name]France[/name] it would be Sah been ah. Combo of [name]Sabine[/name] [name]Yvette[/name] or [name]Sabine[/name] [name]Yolanda[/name].

I would prefer either [name]Sylvie[/name] or [name]Fleur[/name] overall.

regards,

rollo

[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Alouette[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Anais[/name]
[name]Anouk[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Emmanuelle[/name]
Frédérique
[name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Gigi[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Manon[/name]
[name]Marcelle[/name]
Noémi
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] Miette (you would have to check my spelling). I means “petite little bread crumb”.

I am grateful for all the feedback and opinions! Now, if only my husband didn’t have a say in anything. [name]Just[/name] when I think he is on board with a name, he starts changing his mind, but then doesn’t offer up anything in exchange. I had contractions all night last night so I’m now in a panic.

He’s not sure about Esmee or [name]Sylvie[/name]. He said he thinks that Esmee doesn’t sound pretty or feminine enough/he’s not sure about the “z” sound and that while he wants a short first name, he thinks that people will think [name]Sylvie[/name] is short for something. I might be able to convince him otherwise- but want him to be on board. 3 years ago when we were having our second (who turned out to be a boy) our girl name was [name]Aveline[/name] [name]Charisse[/name]. For some reason, we’ve changed our minds…[name]Aveline[/name] is maybe too close to [name]Ava[/name], sort of sounds like valvoline…then my husband mentioned that [name]Charisse[/name] sounds too similar to my first son’s middle name “[name]Rhys[/name]” - which then bothered me. He still likes [name]Charisse[/name]. Wondering if that could take the first name position?? But then what mn? I still love [name]Genevieve[/name] - or is this too long? Last name is Boutell (ruling out all names ending in elle or ella). Thanks!!