Need Help With First Name For Our First Baby Together

My husband and I have 3 kids between us, mine is [name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and his are [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] ([name_u]Max[/name_u]) [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

We’re expecting our first baby together and its a girl. He’s a bit more old fashioned than me (10 years my senior) and while I do love classic names (I’m a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]) I like names that aren’t too unusual but I don’t want my kid to be the third [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] in their class.

His top picks are:

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]

[name_f]Mildred[/name_f]

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] (I have an aunt named [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and I’m not too keen on having a daughter named after her)

My top picks are [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_f]Katarina[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (my Mum’s name is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and somehow it got shortened to [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] for a nn). I’m also very fond of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. I also love [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] but he’s completely opposed to it, says its too common.

Middle name will be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] if we don’t name her [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Joy[/name_f] if we do after my grandmother.

Any suggestions? I’m only 19 weeks so we have a while yet. Nothing too out there or my husband might sign the birth certificate without me haha.

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Katarina[/name_f] - same name, different languages. I say go with [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] so it looks more like a mix of what you two like.

[name_f]Katerina[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] would be absolutely beautiful but if you like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] that’s wonderful too. Ooh, or maybe [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]? :wink:

Good luck! :smiley:

I really like the name [name_u]Remy[/name_u] its sweet. Maybe [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] ?
Sorry at a loss for names to pick for you lol

I like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!

What about [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] ([name_f]Eliza[/name_f] being a variation of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for your mom and [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] shares a very similar meaning to [name_f]Joy[/name_f] for your grandma)

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is perfect. It’s a favourite of yours, but it’s a classic name. I like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] slightly better though.

[name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] AND:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (Again, [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] sharing a similar "[name_f]Joy[/name_f]"ful meaning in honor of your grandmother)
[name_u]Remy[/name_u] [name_f]Alisa[/name_f] ([name_f]Alisa[/name_f] being a potential way to honor both [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]–similar sound-- and [name_f]Joy[/name_f] --similar meaning)
[name_f]Mildred[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (hesitant to give 3 out of 4 M names, though)
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (ditto)
[name_f]Libby[/name_f] [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] OR [name_f]Libby[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] ([name_f]Libby[/name_f] for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], has some of the [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] charm while being distinctive)

I like PP’s [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] as well.

I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is quite pretty.

He likes Katherine and you like Katarina. I think we have the winner right here! It’s the same name, different language. You just have to agree what version of the name you prefer, or even going to a version that it’s somehow in the middle of both of them, like Catharina or Katerina. I think it’s what will make the two of you the happier.

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] - I actually quite like [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]. [name_f]Katarina[/name_f], which you listed, is a variation of it. Maybe one you could compromise for a similar name? I think [name_f]Katarina[/name_f] goes better the other children than [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], if you care about that.
[name_f]Mildred[/name_f] - No.
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] - This is out, and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] are both more popular than I think you’d like!
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] - Your husband likes classics, and this is a classic. I quite like it.
[name_u]Remy[/name_u] - It’s alright, not my favorite.
[name_f]Katarina[/name_f] - See [name_f]Katherine[/name_f].
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] - I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] fits the styles of the other children the best, and it’s very pretty.

Thank you for all your opinions/suggestions :slight_smile: We’re trying to find a middle ground on the [name_f]Katarina[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] situation haha. I think we will go with one or the other or something sort of similar. I just really love the way [name_f]Katarina[/name_f] sounds, [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] reminds me of a girl I knew in high school haha. Still early days though so more names are being thrown into the mix.