Need help with girl's names

My d-i-l is expecting twins. Today her ultrasound revealed twin girls:) She really likes the name [name]Abigail[/name] but has a problem with using it because one of her nieces is [name]Gabrielle[/name] nned [name]Gabby[/name]. She is afraid it would be shortened to [name]Abby[/name] and would be too matchy with her niece’s nn (she sees them alot). Can anyone help with another nn for [name]Abigail[/name] besides the obvious [name]Gail[/name]? Also, can you come up with similar names to [name]Abigail[/name] that she might like in place of it? Also, any possibilities for the other twin that would sound great with [name]Abigail[/name] or an alternative for it. Thanks in advance, ladies!

[name]Hi[/name]! I know an [name]Abigail[/name] who only goes by [name]Abigail[/name], and another who is called “Abs,” but it always reminds me of the stomach muscles. :slight_smile: What about [name]Bebe[/name] (a take on the bi part of the name)?

Names she may like instead (I grouped the replacements and the sibling names together, so I’ll star the sibling names):

[name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name] (it has the A and B sounds)
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]*
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]*
[name]Claire[/name]*
[name]Charlotte[/name]*
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]*
[name]Emmeline[/name]*
[name]Eliza[/name]*
[name]Elizabeth[/name]*
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]*
[name]Josephine[/name]* ([name]Little[/name] Women theme…)
[name]Katherine[/name]*
[name]Lydia[/name]*
[name]Louisa[/name] ([name]Louisa[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Alcott[/name] and her mom was [name]Abigail[/name])
[name]Laura[/name]*
[name]Margaret[/name]* ([name]Little[/name] Women)
[name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]*
[name]Natalie[/name]*
[name]Olivia[/name]* (Popular, though)
[name]Rose[/name]* (first name)
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]*
[name]Tess[/name]/[name]Tessa[/name]*
[name]Violet[/name]*

[name]How[/name] cool that you’ll be a grandma to twins! :slight_smile:

Take care!

I think [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Adele[/name] are good substitutes, maybe even [name]Allegra[/name] (–it has A, L and G sounds in it).
Another possible nickname for [name]Abigail[/name] could be [name]Bailey[/name]. I know it’s quite a stretch, taking the B and “ail” syllable, but if you can get the nickname [name]Poppy[/name] from [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Cleo[/name] from [name]Clementine[/name], why not [name]Bailey[/name] from [name]Abigail[/name].
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Thank you for the nn’s Abs, [name]Bebe[/name], and [name]Bailey[/name]. I will run these by her and see what she thinks. [name]Jill[/name], thank you for the names to go with [name]Abigail[/name]. There are some lovely ones. I’ll see what she thinks.

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Abigail[/name] and it’s meaning…that said, here are some names she might like (sorry for any repeats)

[name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]/[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]