Need help with name for baby #2!

[name]Hi[/name]! I’ve never posted here before, but I’ve been lurking for a few weeks :slight_smile: My hubby and I are having a hard time agreeing on names for our 2nd child due in a few months. We want something that’s not too popular since his last name is very common and simple, one syllable. We have one daughter named [name]Georgia[/name]. We agreed on that name right away!

Here’s a list of possibilities so far:

[name]Nora[/name]- I love it, but I don’t think I’ll ever convince the hubs :frowning:
[name]Eleanor[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])- hubby’s compromise to [name]Nora[/name]. i like the nn more than the name :slight_smile:
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Eve[/name]/[name]Evie[/name])
[name]Olivia[/name]- we both love it, but way too popular :frowning:
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]- is this getting too popular? also, don’t like nn [name]Amy[/name]…

What do you guys think?! Suggestions appreciated!

Have you thought about [name]Eleanora[/name]? It seems a bit more girly to me then [name]Eleanor[/name] (but I really like frilly names). A nn for [name]Eleanora[/name] could be [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Nora[/name], if the hubs ever does come around.

I like your choices so far. [name]Georgia[/name] is nice, too! I like [name]Eleanor[/name] with [name]Nora[/name] as the nickname. [name]Genevieve[/name] is one of my favorite names, and I love the nn options ([name]Genna[/name], [name]Vivi[/name], [name]Evie[/name], [name]Neve[/name]). I love [name]Olivia[/name], but I agree that it’s too popular. [name]Amelia[/name] is very pretty-- other nicknames could be [name]Lia[/name], [name]Mia[/name], or [name]Mimi[/name]. With [name]Georgia[/name], my favorite is [name]Amelia[/name].

Other suggestions:

[name]Alma[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] (alternative to [name]Olivia[/name])
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Annora[/name] (another way to get [name]Nora[/name])
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]

[quote=“ggmom”][name]Hi[/name]! I’ve never posted here before, but I’ve been lurking for a few weeks :slight_smile: My hubby and I are having a hard time agreeing on names for our 2nd child due in a few months. We want something that’s not too popular since his last name is very common and simple, one syllable. We have one daughter named [name]Georgia[/name]. We agreed on that name right away!

Here’s a list of possibilities so far:

[name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Natalie[/name] are my two picks

For [name]Genevieve[/name], the G connection with [name]Georgia[/name] has a nice ring and I [name]LOVE[/name] the nick name [name]Evie[/name].
[name]Natalie[/name] is one of my favorite names but I look the French pronunciation better than the American one but that’s just my opinion.

I love [name]Georgia[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Nora[/name]: If he doesn’t love it, I’ll skip it here…Wait! I just realized that it sounds really similar to [name]Georgia[/name] to me, with both names beginning with an OR sound.

[name]Eleanor[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name]): I love [name]Eleanor[/name], but I’m thinking that [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] are very similar in sound (which is probably why you love [name]Nora[/name])! :slight_smile:

[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Eve[/name]/[name]Evie[/name]): One of my favorites! ([name]How[/name] do you feel about starting a G theme, though?)

[name]Olivia[/name]: I hear you…

[name]Natalie[/name]: I prefer some of the others on your list, but do think it works with [name]Georgia[/name].

[name]Amelia[/name]: [name]Amelia[/name] is #68, so yeah, it’s pretty popluar. I love it with [name]Georgia[/name], though!

I totally forget the previous suggestions now, so I apologize for what will most certainly be a chunk of repeats!

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]/[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] (another [name]Evie[/name] source)
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] (although you’ll have a soft J sound theme)
[name]Josephine[/name] (ditto)
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] (first name)
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Once again, my apologies for repeats! :slight_smile:

Good luck!