Need help with naming third daughter....

Siblings are [name]Grace[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (6) and [name]Dylann[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (2). We had both of there names picked out well before the birth, but here we are a week away and still no clue as to what we’re going to name this one.

Here are a few that we are considering:
[name]Allison[/name] [name]Faith[/name] - probably at the top of both of our lists, but seems like my wife doesn’t feel that “[name]Allison[/name]” is unique enough.

[name]Lauren[/name] [name]Faith[/name] - this was originally going to be the first name of our first born. It was going to be [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but we decided that we liked [name]Grace[/name] too much as a first name.

[name]Morgan[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - we both like the name [name]Morgan[/name]. I like it because my favorite baseball player was [name]Joe[/name] [name]Morgan[/name].

[name]Trinity[/name] [name]Faith[/name] - just thought of this one last night. I really like [name]Trinity[/name], because it has some meaning as this will be the third daughter.

Open to all suggestions. Thought?

Thanks,
[name]Scott[/name]

From your list I think [name]Trinity[/name] [name]Faith[/name] works the best with [name]Grace[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Dylann[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I do personally love [name]Morgan[/name].
A quick suggestion would be [name]Verity[/name]. It’s less popular than [name]Trinity[/name] and means “truth”.
[name]Tressa[/name] by the way is a Cornish girls name that means “third”.

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Trinity[/name] is my favorite because it has a different end sound than either [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Dylann[/name]. Also, it bridges the style gap between [name]Grace[/name] - a classic, feminine, virtue name - and [name]Dylann[/name] - a trendier, unisex name. However, here are some other options:

Triveni - [name]Indian[/name] - “where three sacred rivers meet”
Gamma - Greek - “third letter of the Greek alphabet”
Mansa - [name]African[/name] - “third born girl”
[name]Tertia[/name] - Latin - “third”

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

Modern names like [name]Dylann[/name] that I can also see with [name]Grace[/name]:

[name]Bellamy[/name] ([name]Bellamy[/name] has [name]Dylann[/name]'s style, but the nn [name]Belle[/name] is close to [name]Grace[/name]'s style, so I think it fits in really well)
[name]Connelly[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name]…[name]Connelly[/name] is like [name]Dylan[/name], but the [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name] nicknames tie in [name]Grace[/name]'s style)
[name]Emery[/name] (The [name]Emmy[/name] nickname is used for [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emily[/name], which are classic like [name]Grace[/name])
[name]Ellery[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] (nn [name]Addie[/name] or [name]Hattie[/name], which tie in [name]Grace[/name]'s style)
[name]Mallory[/name] (Less popular than [name]Allison[/name], and you can call her [name]Mallie[/name], which rhymes with [name]Allie[/name], or you could even call her [name]Allie[/name]…)
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name] (nn [name]Willow[/name])

You may also like [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Paige[/name] (has [name]Grace[/name]'s long A sound, though), and [name]Zoe[/name]. Instead of [name]Allison[/name], you may also like [name]Alexandra[/name], nn [name]Allie[/name].

(Because you mentioned [name]Allison[/name]'s popularity, I thought I’d mention that [name]Lauren[/name] is actually more popular than [name]Allison[/name]: [name]Allison[/name] is #32, and [name]Lauren[/name] is #30. [name]Morgan[/name] is #46, and [name]Grace[/name] is #21.)

With [name]Trinity[/name], I immediately think of the Father, [name]Son[/name], and the Holy [name]Spirit[/name] before I think of the number three. (And with [name]Faith[/name] in the middle, there’s a religious theme that seems like it may be a lot to live up to. That may just be me, though.) :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Modern names like [name]Dylann[/name] that I can also see with [name]Grace[/name]:

[name]Bellamy[/name] ([name]Bellamy[/name] has [name]Dylann[/name]'s style, but the nn [name]Belle[/name] is close to [name]Grace[/name]'s style, so I think it fits in really well) - yes
[name]Connelly[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name]…[name]Connelly[/name] is like [name]Dylan[/name], but the [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name] nicknames tie in [name]Grace[/name]'s style)
[name]Emery[/name] (The [name]Emmy[/name] nickname is used for [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emily[/name], which are classic like [name]Grace[/name]) - definitely
[name]Ellery[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name]) -
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] (nn [name]Addie[/name] or [name]Hattie[/name])
[name]Mallory[/name] (Less popular than [name]Allison[/name], and you can call her [name]Mallie[/name], which rhymes with [name]Allie[/name], or you could even call her [name]Allie[/name]…)
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name] (nn [name]Willow[/name])

Of all [name]Jill[/name]'s great ideas, I especially love [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Zoe[/name], [name]Emery[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Romilly[/name], and [name]Willoughby[/name] nn [name]Willow[/name]. My favorite is [name]Romilly[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name].

[name]Twyla[/name] is a pretty name. It means woven with a double thread. But it has nothing to do with the number three. It could represent that she has two sisters older than her.

A really cool and unique name for a third daughter is [name]Tertia[/name]!
You could even use the nn [name]Tia[/name]. I like this much better than [name]Trinity[/name]; somehow [name]Trinity[/name] sounds either overly religious or just very trendy. Either way, it lacks elegance and sophistication. I think with two daughters named [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Dylan[/name], you can really go in any direction here, and shouldn’t worry about “matching”, but about liking the name and having it fit for your family. [name]Allison[/name] feels dated to me. [name]Lauren[/name] is pretty, but seems a but drab for your tastes. [name]Morgan[/name] also feels dated, and seems like a heavy name somehow (maybe it’s all the consonants or the fact that it sounds like organ).

I like [name]Morgan[/name] best out of your current choices but while it matches [name]Dylann[/name]'s style very well it may seem that [name]Grace[/name] is left out. But I agree with pp that you should choose a name you love and not worry about the style too much. I love [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Bellamy[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name]. [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Kelsey[/name]
[name]Addison[/name] (updated [name]Allison[/name]??)
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Brenna[/name]

Good luck!

my picks would be [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Faith[/name], [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Faith[/name] just taking it x

Of the names on your list, I like [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Faith[/name] the best, although I definitely liked a lot of the names suggested by other posters too!

Let us know if any of those suggestions appeal to you and your wife!
Good luck!

Thank you all so much for your input and ideas! This is a great baby name site.

Our baby was born early this morning and needless to say - we still haven’t settled on a name.

We still like [name]Allison[/name] [name]Faith[/name], but everything else has changed. We also are considering:
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Brinley[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

[name]Trinity[/name] [name]Faith[/name] is still in the running, but falling fast. We like the idea of Trin as a nn, but agree with some of you that it’s very religious.

Any other ideas and input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

[name]Scott[/name]

I think [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] would be the best with your other daughters’ names. Because [name]Grace[/name] is so feminine and [name]Dylann[/name] so tomboyish. [name]Madeline[/name] seems like the best of both worlds.

Congrats on your new addition :slight_smile:

[name]Allison[/name]!!! no one uses it anymore because they all think it’s not unique enough since we all know people OUR age with that name. but it’s not as common for babies anymore… that makes it unique for the times. it fits in with all the Madisons and Addisons around, but I bet she’ll be the only [name]Allison[/name]… go with your instincts.

and congrats on the baby!!!

I [name]Love[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] but think that [name]Hadley[/name] would work really well with your other children. I’m not really sure about [name]Brinley[/name]… it looks like an incomplete Brinkley to me and sounds made-up to me.

Congratulations!!! I hope everyone is doing well! :slight_smile:

From your new list, I really love [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name]! From your modern names, I really like [name]Hadley[/name] with [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Dylann[/name].

I hope you choose the name that makes you happiest!

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], and congratulations on your baby girl!

I’d pick [name]Hadley[/name] of yours - I think it pairs nicely with [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Dylann[/name] - but I’d recommend [name]Halsey[/name] as well! It is a surname that I think has even more feminine appeal than [name]Hadley[/name]!

So, [name]Halsey[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] or [name]Halsey[/name] [name]Faith[/name] are both very cute…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Morgan[/name] is my favorite. Goes well with both [name]Grace[/name] & [name]Dylann[/name] :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

I think [name]Hadley[/name] sounds great with your other daughters’ names!
Regardless of what we all think though, go with your instincts and name her whatever you love best!
Congrats again!

P.S. The poster commenting about [name]Allison[/name] has a point! It’s definitely not common right now due to the fact that it was so popular in the 80s!

I like [name]Morgan[/name]!

I like [name]Brinley[/name] [name]Faith[/name] and [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are cute!

[name]Dove[/name], that’s what I originally thought, too, but [name]Allison[/name] is #32 in the US! I was really surprised! (Did you make the soup?) :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile: