Need help with syllables

The name we are thinking of is 3 syllables with stress on the second syllable: [name]Eleni[/name] (eh-LEHN-ee). Our last name is 2 syllables, pronounced fer-NAY with stress on the second syllable. Should we go with a 1 syllable middle name or 2 syllable? We are having a really hard time thinking of a middle name that fits. Help!

The ‘rule’ is that two stressed syllables shouldn’t be adjacent to each other. [name]Eleni[/name] Fernay has a wonderful rhythm, and luckily anything could slide into that middle slot. A monosyllabic name adds some emphasis (example: [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] Fernay), whereas a 2-syllable name keeps the rhythm rolling along. For the two syllable names, you can stress the first-- like most English names-- or th second, which really emphasizes Fernay since it mimics the meter (I.e., [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] Fernay).

[name]Eleni[/name] is such a light, liquid name that many three syllable names work very well in the middle, too, despite breaking the ‘rule’ of syllable count. Copying above, [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Corinna[/name] Fernay sounds wonderful.

All of that to say, nearly everything is on the table, from a meter/rhythm perspective. What sorts of names are you drawn to?

Before we decided to go Greek, we were in love with [name]Ava[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] ([name]Juli[/name]-ET). Then my dad talked us into honoring our culture and choosing a ‘saint’ name so we’re all about [name]Eleni[/name], but the flow and prettiness of [name]Ava[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] is my style. We can’t think of a middle name that would suit [name]Eleni[/name] in that fashion, I feel [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] is just too much. At first we thought [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Giovanna[/name] would be pretty, but changed my mind because of all the pronounciation issues. Then we liked [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Hope[/name] for awhile, but a good friend of ours little girl’s name is [name]Hope[/name] and after awhile I felt kind of awkward using it. Hubby wasn’t really feeling [name]Hope[/name] anyway. Hubby and I kind of like [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] right now, but I’m not totally convinced. I want something pretty and feminine, but not over the top. When we look at names, hubby immediately dismisses them, so it’s pretty much up to me to come up with something, fall in love with it, and then convince hubby. I definitely need help and other people’s opinions, but it’s hard because we are keeping our name a secret from our loved ones until she is born! Thanks so much for your help blade, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

blade is right on above…[name]Eleni[/name] Ferney is GORGEOUS!

[name]Eleni[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] is too sing-songy! Sorry. The first thing that came to mind was a sort of mix of your other combo [name]Ava[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]- [name]Yvette[/name].
[name]Eleni[/name] [name]Yvette[/name] Fernay, but there are certainly prettier combos out there, plus you may want to save [name]Ava[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] for a 2nd daughter. I hunted for sweet, feminine, striking names, as that is your style.

[name]Eleni[/name] [name]Margot[/name] Fernay, [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Doreen[/name] Fernay,[name]Eleni[/name] [name]Georgette[/name] Fernay, [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Cosette[/name] Fernay are my faves. Other considerations- [name]Sasha[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Portia[/name], [name]Fallon[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name]

I actually think [name]Juliette[/name] is perfect. You need something with many consonant sounds to match the liquid feel of [name]Eleni[/name]. [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] is very pretty, and [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] Fernay flows beautifully.

I ditto [name]Eleni[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] as mentioned above. [name]Charlotte[/name] seems in line with your style and as neither syllable in the name is very dominant, it might nicely balance the dramatic emphases in [name]Eleni[/name] and your last name. Other ideas:

[name]Eleni[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eleni[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

Good luck to you!