NEED HELP!

Me and my husband are considering the name [name]Malayah[/name] (Ma-lay-uh) (not sure how we are going to spell it; [name]Malayah[/name], [name]Malaya[/name], [name]Malayaa[/name])

We really want the middle name to be [name]Elaine[/name], but my brother just had a baby girl and named her [name]Madison[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]. (i don’t want them to have the same middle name) [name]Elaine[/name] is the middle name of my grandmother who died in 2001 of lung cancer. Her name was [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]. (She went by [name]Katie[/name] though) And we don’t really want [name]Catherine[/name] as the middle name because it doesn’t “go”. I was hoping that someone would be to come up with a name that is similar to [name]Elaine[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name]… or somehow put [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Elaine[/name] together that would make a name. Know what I mean? Example: [name]Kate[/name], [name]Elaina[/name]. (the middle name could even have something to do with [name]Katie[/name]) The middle name doesn’t have to be unique or anything…

I know this is hard but I can’t really think of any that I like.

Please help us! :smiley:

What about [name]Ellen[/name], [name]Elena[/name], [name]Helena[/name]?

I like them. It’s just the A’s at the end make it rhyme I think.

I think [name]Catherine[/name] goes with it beautifully! If you don’t like [name]Catherine[/name] you could do [name]Cate[/name]/[name]Kate[/name].

I would go for a form of [name]Catherine[/name]. Most variations of [name]Elaine[/name] have that “lai” sound which is also in [name]Malayah[/name] and sound a bit repetative (well all the ones i can think of anyway!)

[name]How[/name] about…
Mayalah [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Malayah[/name] [name]Kaye[/name]
Maylah [name]Katrine[/name]
[name]Malayah[/name] Kartia
[name]Malayah[/name] [name]Cassie[/name]
[name]Malayah[/name] [name]Caitlin[/name]
[name]Malayah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
I know you said you didn’t want to use [name]Catherine[/name], but i think it has a nice flow

[name]Hope[/name] i helped :slight_smile:

[name]Malayah[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Malaya[/name] [name]Kate[/name] sound infinitely better than [name]Malaya[/name] [name]Elaine[/name], [name]IMO[/name]. The vowel sounds run together in the middle.

Thanks everyone!

I am going more towards [name]Malaya[/name] [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Malaya[/name] [name]Katrine[/name]…

I am open for more suggestions. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Malaya[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is a great name.

What was [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]'s Last name?? Could you give [name]Malaya[/name] a middle name of your choice and style, and add Grandma’s last name as a second middle name?

Others:
[name]Malaya[/name] [name]Elan[/name]
[name]Malaya[/name] [name]Eileen[/name]
[name]Malaya[/name] [name]Cathleen[/name]
[name]Malaya[/name] [name]Catrice[/name]
[name]Malaya[/name] Catelle
[name]Malaya[/name] [name]Renee[/name] (this might be a stretch, but I like the way it sounds)
[name]Malaya[/name] [name]Caryn[/name]
[name]Malaya[/name] Carrys
[name]Malaya[/name] [name]Laine[/name] (too rhymie??)

Maybe you could talk to your brother and sister in law and find out what they think about sharing a name. My middle name is the same as my cousin’s first name…but with out the significance.

Good luck! This is a tough one!