Need help!

We are seriously struggling with this whole picking a name thing! We’ve come up (after months of going back and forth) with four possible names for a girl. We are not sure if we’re having a boy or a girl, so are trying to come up with a name for each. For a girl - we want to give her something classic that will stay beautiful over the years, but not something common at all. Any opinions? Our last name is [name]Campbell[/name]…

1. Tenebrae [name]Azalea[/name]
    Meaning: Tenebrae means ”shadows”. It is also a [name]Christian[/name] religious ceremony celebrated the evening before Good Friday, where candles are blown out while psalms are chanted. [name]Azalea[/name] is a flower. Put together, it could mean the shadow of flowers.

2. [name]Sofi[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
    Meaning: [name]Sofi[/name] ” a greek variation of [name]Sophia[/name], meaning ”wisdom”. [name]Delphine[/name] ” a french name meaning ”woman from [name]Delphi[/name]”. Eh ” the meanings are nothing special, but they”re not evil meanings or anything, and we think we like the names. (I say think because we go back and forth so much!!)

3. [name]Aubrey[/name] [name]Mozelle[/name]
    Meaning: [name]Aubrey[/name] is a British name meaning ”Elf Ruler”. (Seriously, that”s what it means). [name]Mozelle[/name] is a French name derived from [name]Moselle[/name], and meaning ”a river in Europe”.

4. [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Circe[/name]
    Meaning: [name]Evangeline[/name] is greek and means ”the bearer of good news”. [name]Circe[/name] (pronounced Sur-see) is a name from greek mythology. In the Odyssey, she is the nymph who can turn men into Swine. Guaranteed to get her through her teenage heartbreak years!

Feedback on this would be MUCH appreciated! Should any of the firsts and middle’s be switched? Different names entirely? [name]Love[/name] them? Hate them?

[name]Hi[/name], from your list my favourites are [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Circe[/name] and Tenebrae [name]Azalea[/name]. They are both unique enough for your last name of [name]Campbell[/name]. I’m not someone who likes different spellings for names so [name]Sofi[/name] is out. I like [name]Delphine[/name] though for a middle name. My preference is for [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Moselle[/name] not [name]Aubrey[/name] [name]Mozelle[/name] as this name is too unisex for me (I think of a boy when I hear the name [name]Aubrey[/name]).

1. Tenebrae [name]Azalea[/name] - I’m not short how to pronounce Tenebrae (I’m currently saying TEN-eh-bray) but I love the imagery that it conjurs up. I personally don’t love the sound, and am struggling to think of a good nickname, but the imagery is wonderful so if you like the sound, I think this would be a great choice. I love flower names, and [name]Azalea[/name] is a stunning, feminine and unusual choice.

2. [name]Sofi[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] - I love [name]Sophie[/name] variants, but [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] are extremely popular, and although this is spelt differently, it still sounds just like [name]Sophie[/name], so it doesn’t really eliminate the popularity issue. She would still have to be [name]Sofi[/name] C in class, even if her name is spelled differently from [name]Sophie[/name] M and [name]Sophie[/name] J. [name]Delphine[/name] is wonderful; I also adore [name]Delphi[/name]!

3. [name]Aubrey[/name] [name]Mozelle[/name] - ‘elf ruler, power’ is a pretty fun meaning, but to me [name]Aubrey[/name] still feels masculine and I’m personally not so bowled over by the -bree sound. It also seems quite popular compared to your other choices. [name]Mozelle[/name] is very good and intriguing in the middle (you might also like [name]Giselle[/name]). I should probably mention that [name]Moselle[/name] doesn’t really mean “a river in Europe”, it is a river in Europe, specifically one which travels through [name]France[/name], Belgium and Germany. It features in one of the Brothers Grimm tales, which is pretty great!

4. [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Circe[/name] - I think [name]Evangeline[/name] is stunningly beautiful. I actually adore the sound of [name]Circe[/name], too, but I just can’t get past the consistently unfavourable legends surrounding her. This combination feels almost like an oxymoron to me, with the angelic [name]Evangeline[/name] sitting next to the witch [name]Circe[/name]. You might like [name]Cecily[/name] or the Irish name [name]Saoirse[/name] (SARE-sha) for their similar sounds.

I think the combination [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Delphi[/name] would be unbeatable, but I also like the idea of [name]Delphi[/name]/[name]Delphine[/name] Tenebrae. Another word name with imagery similar to Tenebrae would be Evensong.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

[name]IMO[/name] the only name that will stay classic and beautiful over time is [name]Evangeline[/name].