Need help!

My husband and I have the most difficult time coming up with names for our girls. I am about 28 weeks along now with our third child (2nd girl). Our last name is not super complicated but somewhat long and could be a tongue twister with the wrong first name so I like names that a fairly short and simple but not too boring or over popular. A longer name could be ok if it has a really good nickname that they could use pretty much all the time. Our other children’s names are [name]Will[/name] and [name]Brynn[/name]. I realize [name]Will[/name] ([name]William[/name]) is super popular but it doesn’t bother me as much for a boy and he was named after someone special. When [name]Brynn[/name] was born we really could not decide on any name that we both loved and by the time she was a day old we just had to pick something and my husband has an uncle he really likes named [name]Bren[/name] so she was named after him. The baby’s middle name will likely be [name]Scarlett[/name], which is my mother’s name. Here are the names we are thinking about so far.

[name]Story[/name]- I know this one’s a little out there but I really like it. My husband really likes it too and loves the connotation but is a little concerned about the weird factor, especially from his family. My family is a little more artistic and accepting of unusual names.

[name]Ivy[/name] - I really love this name. My main concern is that it is increasing in popularity. I didn’t really realize it until recently researching. It doesn’t bother me that it has possibly gone from 200s to 100s but I would be concerned about it continuing to go higher, like in the top 50, in a couple years. I recently realized it is on a couple of TV shows which is kind of annoying.

[name]Jane[/name] - We both like it but not super excited about it.

[name]Erin[/name] - Not sure, we both like it ok, but again, not super excited.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I love [name]Story[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]. My concern with [name]Story[/name] is the alliteration with [name]Scarlett[/name] as a middle name. [name]Story[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] doesn’t sound the worst to me, but I don’t like alliteration. I might not bother you though, in which case, go for it!
I love [name]Ivy[/name] and have never met one :slight_smile:

Other suggestions:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Mila[/name] (me-la)
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Oona[/name]

[name]Erin[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] sounds the best but [name]Brynn[/name] and [name]Erin[/name] sounds a bit odd to me.

I think I would vote for [name]Story[/name] because it’s out there and [name]Story[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] isn’t too bad. Being British when I see [name]Brynn[/name] I see it as a boy’s name because it sounds so masculine to my ears and if I saw [name]Jane[/name], [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Erin[/name] with siblings [name]Will[/name] and [name]Brynn[/name], I’d assume [name]Brynn[/name] was a boy.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! The alliteration doesn’t really bother me. My name is actually [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Susan[/name] and my husband’s is [name]Daniel[/name] [name]David[/name].

Keep them coming!

With [name]Will[/name] and [name]Brynn[/name], I think any of the names on your list would work. My favourite is [name]Will[/name], [name]Brynn[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name]. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is so pretty. If you’re not really loving [name]Erin[/name] then I would scratch it off. Same with [name]Jane[/name], if you like it but don’t love it.

Other suggestions: [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Lena[/name], [name]Thea[/name], [name]Freya[/name], [name]Tess/name, [name]June[/name]/[name]Juno[/name]/[name]Juniper[/name], [name]Eden[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Nora[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Audrey[/name].

Maybe you’d consider [name]Astoria[/name] with the nickname, [name]Story[/name]? I really like the sound of [name]Astoria[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name].

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is very alluring and I like [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] too, even if is a little wordy. [name]Erin[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] would have also been very nice, but I think [name]Erin[/name] and [name]Brynn[/name] don’t sound very well together because they have the same consonant stressed in them (Rs and Ns).

I like [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] best. I’m not a fan of [name]Story[/name], I put it in same category as [name]Nevaeh[/name]. I do like some word names, just not this one!

other ideas -

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Veda[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]June[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Nina[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Heidi[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Ivy[/name] or [name]Jane[/name]! They are so pretty and simple and either one will sound lovely with your other children’s names. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] has a wonderful flow!!

My favorite from your list is [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name].

I like the name [name]Story[/name] but there is a famous book called A Study in [name]Scarlett[/name] ([name]Arthur[/name] [name]Conan[/name] [name]Doyle[/name]), when I first thought the name [name]Story[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] it immediately reminded me of the book.

what about?
[name]Sage[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Jamie[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Piper[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]