Need Help

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all i’m 16 and my birth given name is now [name_f]Isis[/name_f], but in practice i have lots of problems with this name because of the terrorism group with almost the same name IS.

I’ve had lots of discussions with my parents, and they say also it was a wrong decision to give me that name.

And now we going to change my name legally.

Now we have looked for nice passible other names for my, what is passible on my character and on my last name.

We’ve picked up 4 names now to chose or names who gonna be hypend with an - ( than i have 2 names.

Those names are,

[name_u]Fox[/name_u]
Vixen
[name_u]Lynx[/name_u]
[name_f]Cat[/name_f]

and we made the following combinations with these names:

Fox-Vixen

Lynx-Cat

What should be a nice new name for me to use?
And what are you meanings about these names?

Hi there! My favorites from your list are Fox and Cat. Since all of your name options are animals/cats, I personally wouldn’t choose to hyphenate, but I think whichever feels best in your heart is the right choice! I like how spunky the name Fox is and how sweet and fun the name Cat is!

1 Like

i love vixen! fox would be my second choice. i find lynx a bit too harsh for a first name. i also agree with the previous poster in that i personally wouldn’t choose to hyphenate animal-themed names, but whatever works best for you!

not sure if you’re looking for them, but here are some other suggestions based on the theme of your list:
birdie
fawn
lark
leo (could be used a nickname, e.g. leonora, leona, leocadia)
wren
raven
robin

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Cat[/name_f] and [name_u]Fox[/name_u], but I must say that I also agree with the other posters. I’m also not a fan of double barreling single syllable names. I think less obvious animal names would work a bit better. It appears that you like harsher sounding names, so I thought I’d suggest some- some ones that came to mind are [name_u]Jay[/name_u], [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_u]Byrd[/name_u], [name_u]Lennox[/name_u], [name_u]Nyx[/name_u], [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_u]Kitty[/name_u], [name_f]Cherry[/name_f], [name_f]Queenie[/name_f], [name_f]Goldie[/name_f], [name_u]Maize[/name_u], and [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] with nn “Roxie”. Some combinations would be:

[name_f]Cat[/name_f] [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_f]Cat[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cat[/name_f] [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] “Roxie”
[name_f]Cat[/name_f] [name_u]Byrd[/name_u]
[name_f]Cat[/name_f] [name_f]Robyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Kitty[/name_u] [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]
[name_u]Kitty[/name_u] [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_f]Queenie[/name_f] [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_u]Fox[/name_u] [name_u]Byrd[/name_u]
[name_u]Fox[/name_u] [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_u]Nyx[/name_u] [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]
[name_u]Nyx[/name_u] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_u]Nyx[/name_u] [name_u]Byrd[/name_u]
[name_u]Maize[/name_u] [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]
[name_u]Maize[/name_u] [name_f]Queenie[/name_f]
[name_u]Dove[/name_u] [name_u]Byrd[/name_u] or [name_u]Dove[/name_u] [name_f]Birdie[/name_f]
[name_f]Robyn[/name_f] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]
Catra [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]
Catra [name_u]Fox[/name_u]

1 Like

I don’t dislike the names on their own but the hyphenated combos you have don’t make sense to me. A vixen literally is a fox so Fox-Vixen is like having the name Fox-Fox and it just seems really silly to me. And same with Lynx-Cat since a lynx literally is a type of cat, it just doesn’t make sense. It would be like giving someone the name Clementine-Fruit or River-Water. I agree with others that maybe you should choose one name and not hyphenate, or maybe explore some other names. There are plenty of animal-themed names out there if you know you want that theme.

6 Likes

I agree with the other posters about the hyphenated names maybe not being the perfect choice but I do really like [name_u]Fox[/name_u] and [name_f]Cat[/name_f]! For you I’d pick [name_u]Fox[/name_u] though

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Iris[/name_f]? [name_m]Just[/name_m] to keep your given name very similar! I don’t know, maybe that would be too confusing…? :thinking: Anyway, from your options I like [name_f]Cat[/name_f], although have to say I’m not a fan of the hyphenated options, I agree with @Emarkulics

3 Likes

[name_f]Cat[/name_f]!

1 Like

To be honest [name_f]Isis[/name_f] sounds nicer to me than Fox-Vixen or Lynx-Cat. I think those names are better on their own, not hyphenated. Would you consider something like [name_u]Lynx[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] but called Lynx-Cat for short?

4 Likes