Need honest opinions on these names

Middle name will be [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] after my grandmother

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridgett[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

My favorite is [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] but everyone who hears it finds a problem with it … I know I shouldn’t let them sway my choice but it’s hard not to take what they say to heart
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] is my next favorite along with [name_u]Sutton[/name_u].

Which do you like best and opinions on the others would be great. Thank you

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (don’t let anyone talk you out of a name you love!) are my favorites but they are all beautiful. I also like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Bridgette[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is a little hard to say because the -gette before [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] sounds too similar. I love the name [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] (it’s my daughter’s middle name) but I think the other names sound better with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] by comparison. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps!

You have some great choices

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]- [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] it’s so pretty and fun. So many great nn options [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is my fav and I like [name_f]Nell[/name_f]/[name_f]Nellie[/name_f] too.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] - Classy, simple and beautiful.

[name_u]Sutton[/name_u] - I’m not a fan of this name. It sounds masculine and I don’t like the double tt sound like in mitten.

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] - Cute and spunky. Not as elegant ar complete as some of your other choices but it’s adorable.

[name_f]Bridgette[/name_f] - A pretty classic. I like that [name_f]Bridgette[/name_f] sounds so unique among all the vowel heavy names currently used. Feminine and strong.

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] - So beautiful and classic. I love the nn [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. I feel like this name would appeal to most people and seems the most popular out of your choices.

I would personally use [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

Honestly I really liked [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] in the beginning and when hubby said he liked it (which I never thought he would) I was happy we both really liked a name besides [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Bridgette[/name_f]. But as I went on comparing it to the others (especially [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]) I started not to like it as much as I prefer a more feminine name.
Thanks so much for the help
:smile:

Thank you so much ! I really appreciate the help. Your totally right I shouldn’t let anyone change my mind. I think once we decide I won’t tell anyone the choice till after she’s born.

I think it sounds a little too clunky to have a 2 syllable first name with a 2 syllable middle (though I do love [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]). I also really like [name_u]Sutton[/name_u], but I think of how kids might add an “l” to it for a nasty nickname in the future. I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] best!

My top 3 are:
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] ([name_f]Bridie[/name_f])
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] ([name_f]Lily[/name_f])

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is beautiful! [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t let people put you off. I think it has a good rhythm with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] too.
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is next favourite
[name_f]Bridgette[/name_f] seems a surprising choice though :slight_smile:

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is lovely and sounds best with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], I think. The only one I’m not a fan of is [name_u]Sutton[/name_u]. I’d rank them:

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] (but either spell it [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] or [name_f]Brigette[/name_f], which are the English and [name_m]French[/name_m]. Anything in between will get lots of misspellings)
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f], but think it sounds too rhymey with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] - too surnamey/masculine

Usually I would say 100% Isla, but I feel like the name doesn’t flow quite right with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], so I would say [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] (with [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] as a NN, which I personally love, but [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] on its own is also beautiful) or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f].

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]- good flow. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]- I don’t particularly care for how both names end with an a sound, doesn’t flow very well. That being said, how often do you actually use both names for a kid??
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]- a little masculine of a name for my taste.
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]- [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] to me sounds like a nickname (because it is, technically). I would be worried it would age well, since it ends in that nickname-y eee sound.
[name_f]Bridgett[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]- I am conflicted on the repeated j sounds! Didn’t like it at first, but now i do! I agree that it isn’t my favorite spelling of the name [name_f]Bridgett[/name_f], tho.
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]- probably has the best flow to my ear, but the lily type names are rather popular these days.

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is my favorite. The only name I’m not a fan of is [name_u]Sutton[/name_u]. That said, I don’t think you should mind the flow of the name since [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is after your grandmother. Meaning trumps flow every time.

From favorite to least favorite, based on flow:

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] (best flow by far)
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] (an awkward pairing for me in terms of flow)
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] (I love the name [name_f]Isla[/name_f], but I think it is much too repetitive paired with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f])

I’d rule out [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_u]Sutton[/name_u], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], and [name_f]Bridgett[/name_f] based on what @kimlz said; two two-syllable names in a row don’t really fit as well. Between [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], I love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. It’s gorgeous and has a lively, spunky quality, and is recognizable without being overused.

I think [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] flows best with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f].