Need middle for Peregrine/Oscar/Quincy

We are nearly decided on the name [name]Peregrine[/name] (nn [name]Perry[/name]) for a boy, after my husbands great grandfather, but are having trouble coming up with a middle name that works. Tough after that mouthful of syllables! [name]Do[/name] we follow with something shorter? Was bouncing around these combos with the family names [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Wynne[/name], [name]Byrd[/name], Ayres,[name]Warren[/name] or [name]Julius[/name] in the middle spots. What do you think? Any other suggestions? Our last name is [name]Upton[/name].

[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Julius[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Byrd[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Peregrine[/name] Ayres [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Wynne[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Warren[/name] [name]Upton[/name]

The other names we love are [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Quincy[/name], thinking similar middle names, or are open to suggestions!

[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Julius[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Byrd[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] Ayres [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Wynne[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Warren[/name] [name]Upton[/name]

[name]Quincy[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name] [name]Julius[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name] [name]Byrd[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name] Ayres [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name] [name]Wynne[/name] [name]Upton[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name] [name]Warren[/name] [name]Upton[/name]

I love the name [name]Peregrine[/name] - it is one of our sons’ middle names! I also think [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Quincy[/name] are both very handsome (although unfortunately [name]Quinn[/name] is becoming more and more unisex).

[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Upton[/name] - the classic [name]Joseph[/name] pairs brilliantly with the vintage, unusual [name]Peregrine[/name], and this whole name has great flow.
[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Julius[/name] [name]Upton[/name] - [name]Julius[/name] is great, and sounds good with [name]Peregrine[/name], but I personally prefer the contrast of [name]Joseph[/name].
[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Byrd[/name] [name]Upton[/name] - personally, I wouldn’t use [name]Byrd[/name] when you already have peregrine falcon!
[name]Peregrine[/name] Ayres [name]Upton[/name] - brilliant flow, and an all-round handsome name.
[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Wynne[/name] [name]Upton[/name] - I’m not sure about the three N ending names all in a row.
[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Warren[/name] [name]Upton[/name] - ditto.

My favourite combination is [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], with [name]Peregrine[/name] Ayres in second place.

For [name]Oscar[/name], my favourite is hands down [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Byrd[/name] [name]Upton[/name] (I think the flow is brilliant), and [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Julius[/name] [name]Upton[/name] takes second place.

With [name]Quincy[/name] I personally would choose something obviously, decidedly masculine in the middle, but of one/three or more syllables, so that you don’t get a repetitive 2-2-2 syllable pattern. For some reason, [name]Julius[/name], the one option which fits this category, isn’t feeling perfect for me with [name]Quincy[/name].

[name]How[/name] about :
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]John[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]/[name]Maximus[/name]/[name]Maximilian[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Peregrine[/name] is so cool! I agree with Twinkle that [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Byrd[/name] is too much of a bird theme, and that a non- n ending would be best in the middle. [name]Peregrine[/name] Ayres [name]Upton[/name] is fabulous! Runners up would be [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], then [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Julius[/name].

I also love [name]Oscar[/name], though I think [name]Peregrine[/name] is more distinctive and different. All of your middle options go quite well with [name]Oscar[/name], though I don’t think [name]Oscar[/name] Ayres has the best flow. My favorites would be [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Julius[/name] (wow, so handsome!), [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Byrd[/name], then [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Joseph[/name].

[name]Quincy[/name] is nice, but I like your other options so much more! Good luck!

Sorry, double post!

[name]Peregrine[/name] is such a great, unique choice, especially with the nn [name]Perry[/name]. I think you should go with it, especially since it’s the great grandfather’s name. I do agree with the others that [name]Byrd[/name] is too much of a bird theme. My favorite combination is [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Julius[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though it has the most syllables, it just flows the best when I say it aloud, and I think it’s so classy.

I also like [name]Oscar[/name] quite a lot (more than [name]Quincy[/name]) and I think it goes well with most of the middle name options, but [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Julius[/name], [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Byrd[/name], and [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Warren[/name] would be my picks.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies ladies! Based on your feedback I’ve narrowed it down to [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Julius[/name]. Now we’ll have to see if the little bugger is indeed a boy and which name suits him! Cheers!

[name]Peregrine[/name] to me sounds like a type of wine…I also assumed it was a girl’s name before i read more of the posts.

Definitly unique tho! perry is cute.

pollar6: The name [name]Peregrine[/name], though obscure, is an ancient one–given to boys since 138 [name]AD[/name]; The first known [name]Peregrine[/name] being a Catholic [name]Saint[/name]. I appreciated your thoughts however, and as the French say-- chacun ” son go”t!

[name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] is a great name. That way you’d get to use both names. Also love [name]Peregrine[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Byrd[/name].